Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Contributor
Sorry, double post because of connection problem. I wish I could delete my posts, having the option to delete up to 1 min after posting would already be great.

Dex-chan lover
This would be a lot better if after his epiphany he also stopped being a simp for the tsundere girl.
I know right? Like what part of this MC/FMC pairing is good? It doesn't even work as a "coming of age" story cause they are both bad people that are fully incompatible. It would work better if one of the other 2 girls that seem to like him to some extent became love interests. If they want the spice they could have the FMC realise her feelings for the MC but also realise she was too late and ruined it and it never eventuates.

Contributor
So she also shits on MC? So the FMC, his Sister and this supposed "friend " and he himself all spend the entire time shitting on him? Great
I read the novel and I don't remember her doing that.
She teases him, but doesn't treat him like the tsundere does/did.

Contributor
I know right? Like what part of this MC/FMC pairing is good? It doesn't even work as a "coming of age" story cause they are both bad people that are fully incompatible. It would work better if one of the other 2 girls that seem to like him to some extent became love interests. If they want the spice they could have the FMC realise her feelings for the MC but also realise she was too late and ruined it and it never eventuates.
I'm not really sure about him being a bad person though, at least not like the FMC. What do you mean about that?

Fed-Kun's army
I am actually enjoying the psychological trauma and scaring happening to the MC and don't mind if this goes on forever.

Contributor
Im guessing you forgot when he said he wanted to slap a girl cause she was outgoing lol. Also he's now a low key Stalker to the FMC, just another stalker oshi otaku essentially.
I mean, he just thought it and didn't really do it. Everyone thinks stupid things, the difference is that we all can read what he is thinking. He also isn't a stalker, although he simps hard as hell for the girl, he doesn't follow her without her noticing and has been distancing himself from her actually.

Dex-chan lover
FMC is an annoying, cowardly tsundere who is reaping what she has sown. She kept rejecting his sincere advances and confession, and now is upset and confused that he has given up on her? As much as I can't stand his simping, I do still have sympathy for the MC.

He appears to have grown-up in a fatherless home, where his mom and sister constantly belittled him and ground away at his self-confidence. Even if that wasn't their express intention, it is still what happened, and is borderline abusive. So he is no Chad to begin with, but the MC carries on and finally gets the attention of the cute girl in his class that he is crushing on. He then spends almost two years trying to get her to reciprocate his feelings, his blind infatuation of her keeping his sense of inadequacy and negativity covered over. He has effectively created a youthful fantasy for himself, where eventually he'll get the girl and they'll live happily ever after.

Until one day, something snaps him out of it, and in trying to come to grips with reality he ends up sliding to the other side of the spectrum: pessimistic self-loathing and distrust of others. While not a sociopath or psycho, it's pretty clear to me that he is broken to some degree. He has resigned himself to being just a mediocre loner that no one really cares about all that much, admiring the light of others from afar. Fortunately, people around him have taken notice of this change (tomboy friend, his sister, and even Natsukawa) and/or are concerned about him (ponytail-senpai and loli-senpai plus the student council reverse harem). Still, he lacks the inner strength to shrug off all the negativity that he has let affect him, so it is going to take a lot of positive reinforcement (and some effort on his part) for him to start seeing the silver lining again.

I just hope the author/mangaka can portray that in a satisfying way w/o the story feeling like it is going nowhere for chapters on end.

Last edited:
Contributor
Aika's impulsively taking action while confused. That's bad. Now she's fallen for him, but either hasn't realized it yet or actively denying to herself that she is. These are things she really needed to work out in her head before taking steps toward him.

To get them out of this rut, the ball was in her court to take action: first of all, reversing the damage brought by her own rejections is her move to make. Second, it's because he's already decided to go with his half-assed and cringy "fan-idol relationship" philosophy. He isn't taking action towards her anytime soon, now that he's becoming a cowardly creep content with just stealing glances at her from the sidelines, so it's all on her to do something about it.

But of course she just had to shoot herself in the foot again like an idiot, like twice this chapter alone, just so we can delay any kind of progress while generating unnecessary drama. :notlikethis:

Kei deserves praise for salvaging that situation where Aika just had to insult him again (shooting herself in the foot instance #1). Unfortunately she wasn't around to save her best friend again when Aika impulsively came to drag him away (shooting herself in the foot instance #2) to try to tell him things that she herself wasn't ready at all to say.

:aquadrink:

you guys actually understand what's going on with such horrendous translations? pretty sure a lot of things are getting mistranslated, for several chapters now. i say that with over 10 years of Japanese experience (~JLPT N2) and having done years of translation work myself. i can identify when lines are getting mistranslated.

Dex-chan lover
you guys actually understand what's going on with such horrendous translations? pretty sure a lot of things are getting mistranslated, for several chapters now. i say that with over 10 years of Japanese experience (~JLPT N2) and having done years of translation work myself. i can identify when lines are getting mistranslated.
It's pretty easy to read, I'm someone who has been reading translations in the decades now so one needs the ability to understand even broken english cause you gotta take what you can get. I'm not gonna not ask for better but this is functional enough.

From what I know WN/LN wise, he's still stuck on Tsun girl and they still arent' together after like nearly 200 chapters of the WN
Alright, time to drop this shit.

Also i don't know if it's the translation or the original manga but it is really hard to read. Even harder than some shitty machine translations.

Users who are viewing this thread