Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
What the hell is wrong with the siblings you met in your life?
Dunno, everything is quite fine. We are not that soft to be crashed by something stupid like verbal abuse, so we are using it just to mess with each other

Dex-chan lover
At least his sister really does care.

Siblings trash talking to each other is pretty normal. But they usually do know what the limits are. Because of Wataru's sudden change, she actually thinks she's surpassed those limits. It obviously causses confusion and guilt. Trying to make up for it apparently makes things even more confusing.

She loves the "normal" Wataru, this abnormal one is rather worrying. Wataru prefers his "normal" sister too, you can see her trying to act "normal" after that. Probably won't help the situation though. What she needs to do is drag him to a psychologist.

Contributor
it was already translated lmao why add another
That one's machine translated, I know ours isn't much better either but we were already in the typesetting phase before the other one got released, our typesetter had some issues causing the delay.

Dex-chan lover
Girl, piss off! This is between them and no one else. You can provide encourage but don't butt in being all self-righteous and shit. You brutalized him previously, so you no ground to stand on.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but her attitude pisses me off. I found it amusing the first few chapters but now it just pisses me off

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

It was tough to read, I had an idea of what this about based on the text novel translation.

Contributor
Misunderstandings central. I hate that the self-loathing Wataru is so used to the verbal and physical abuse from the women in his life that Stockholm Syndrome has set in, and he's letting the chance to have his sister finally turn over a new leaf get away. That's definitely the wrong direction, she could stand to be a better person to him, and she definitely does not need his permission - just be nicer from now on!

Here comes the impulsive Aika who acts based on incomplete information and well before she's had a chance to think things over. "Act now, think later" must be her catchphrase. Definitely a bad trait of hers. Maybe she's got good intentions, but she's also got a good track record of shooting herself in the foot, saying the wrong things at the wrong time.

Page 29 appears to have a blank speech bubble. Considering his reply, was she supposed to say "This is your last chance" there?

At least they left out where he flats out calls his sister a bitch. It felt odd reading that in the LN.
It could be worse, if the raw LN used the term ビッチ "bitch", that's actually a slang loanword in Japanese that has a different meaning from the original. ビッチ in Japanese is most often used to mean "slut" or "easy lay" (definition 1 on Jisho) instead of the normal English meaning of "nasty woman". Kinda makes sense in a negative way if he's always seeing his sister surrounded by guys who're all interested in her.

Dex-chan lover
I just realize the degree of hidden lust in japanese writing. Ive been reading it for quite a time and thought it was normal but harem? incest? its romance hiding author's pp brain. I do see the presence of it in my own fantasies where i cant help but want what i want but still it does feel a lil lack in professionalism.

Dex-chan lover
So is this series going to address the fact that he seems depressed or self-loathing? Like here he seems to dodge the question by simply saying he's "normal" rather than less-than.
It seems like before; he thought he could achieve anything, and everyone always spoke down to him, then one day it all finally became too much and he went through a sudden shift in perception of himself and decided he can't achieve much, if anything.

His sister does deserve to feel bad, because she was beating one the brother's ego as much as anyone else, and now she's the one who's upset because that ego is now bent outta shape.

Honestly the best ending this series could have is the MC gaining his confidence back, getting a different girlfriend, and bitching anyone out who put him in the self-confidence black hole in the first place... but we all know he's eventually going to come back to the fmc on his hands and knees, and smooth over all the other problems without complaining like in this chapter.

The fact that his sister was unable to say anything "good" about her brother speaks volumes.
Yeah, it'd be my dream to see MC go out with someone else after gaining confidence.

Dex-chan lover
Well, to be fair. In brother x sister relationship it's ok to badmouth each other whenever possible without any reason. Its just a given. It doesn't mean we don't love each other and we will tear down anyone who'll try to harm our closest sibling. And about the "tell me something I'm good at". Its a most cringe and hard thing to ask. Like come on, we are saying shit like "you ugly" and "lol u suck" ect every day, it's nearly impossible to come up with something nice, let alone admit it to their face right off the bat. At least sister reflected on it, you can see how she loves him and ultimately blamed herself. She was even ok to change herself to help him. Also my favorite tomboy didn't do anything harmful to him. She's acting as your average school friend gaslighting you for any reason and making fun of you, but still care for you if something happens. Imo, tomboy or morale president are two best girls in here... And his sis also
Maybe its normal in sibling relationships, but its heavily implied their mother at least resents him and his sister does too, or she is copying her behavior. He has normalized being punched down.

Dex-chan lover
Man these eaves droppers can fuck off, if it was me I’d have shoved her off me when she grabbed me.

I know that’s spelt wrong but I can’t be bothered.

Dex-chan lover
So is this series going to address the fact that he seems depressed or self-loathing? Like here he seems to dodge the question by simply saying he's "normal" rather than less-than.
It seems like before; he thought he could achieve anything, and everyone always spoke down to him, then one day it all finally became too much and he went through a sudden shift in perception of himself and decided he can't achieve much, if anything.

His sister does deserve to feel bad, because she was beating one the brother's ego as much as anyone else, and now she's the one who's upset because that ego is now bent outta shape.

Honestly the best ending this series could have is the MC gaining his confidence back, getting a different girlfriend, and bitching anyone out who put him in the self-confidence black hole in the first place... but we all know he's eventually going to come back to the fmc on his hands and knees, and smooth over all the other problems without complaining like in this chapter.

The fact that his sister was unable to say anything "good" about her brother speaks volumes.
Holy shit, this is really good summary for this chapter I still in middle of processing what happen in this chapter

Supporter
I can't remember it off the top of my head, but there's a manga out there about a guy who has a fantasy ideal about how siblings (particularly little sisters irrc) should act, and the MC rejects reality of how siblings act.

That MC are these comments here. Y'all, siblings talk shit to each other. Siblings fight, and I don't mean "aw little argument", I mean blood is spilled. "At least they left out where he called his sister a bitch" my guy, that's probably the nicest insult when you're a teenager with a teenager sister.

Group Leader
His sister believing it was her fault he lost his self-esteem and him feeling frustrated over her wanting to change her behavior out of guilt for something she wasn't even part of in his life make a lot more sense in the manga. It came kinda out of nowhere in the anime, but here we get a bit of foreshadowing with the sister being present when the confession happened at their house and how she reacted in the student council room. She was definitely worrying about it on the background.

But as I mentioned in the comments of the anime, she isn't a bad sister. She does worry about her brother and wants him to be happy, but since they have this emotionally distant relationship, she doesn't know how to be open with him or get him to open up with her. In the end all the information she has on the situation is the little that she observed and, since his responses seem to fit with what she uses to tell him all the time (despite it being just normal sibling banter), she ends up believing it's her fault.

On the other hand, Sajou is comfortable with this kind of relationship he has with his sister, it's their way of connecting and the only way he has known. For her to come out and say something like she'll change over something she perceives to be a flaw on him that he doesn't see the same way, of course it would frustrate him. And I like the way the manga made his anger more obvious, it was too subtle in the anime.

But as always Natsukawa being the worst.

Dex-chan lover
well, I will throw a theory on why people seems get more annoyed to her actions than a regular tsun.
Tsuns most of time are used as a comic trope, they really don't even bother to explore a tsun train of thought most of times, the MC reacts to tsuns in a comical light way most of times...
But he is not reacting like that.
The reactions of the MC are more consistent to how someone would think about the signals that a tsun gives, also her own inner monologue shows that she don't think she really likes him (but yeah, it's seems she like him but don't know).
If we get characters like nagatoro that to be honest? Treated senpai way worse on the beginning. We almost never hear her inner monologue so we can think things like "yeah, in her inner monologue she likes him" but with FMC her inner monologue it's like, the same?
I don't really hate her and I am used to the genre enough to know she will probably gradually change, but yeah, this is why I think people are hating her (sure, there is also people that just hate the tsun type... Not my favorite but I seem waaaaay worse tsuns)

Dex-chan lover
about his sister... I don't think she did what she did with real intention of crushing his esteem, but it crushed anyway. This happens in real life, a lot.
I would question more his mother by the way, and what his mother does have a serious impact on someone mind.
About the other people around him, for some reason people do treat agressive reactions as sign of love, and this is not something that happens in Japan. It's wrong, totally. But it's happens a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread