Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha

man this main character is a pain in the ass... so dense
I mean, he's been pursuing this chick for two years straight and getting nothing but venom back. She didn't even realize how important his presence was for her until he started avoiding her, so she never bothered to show him even the slightest bit of affection or even friendliness for that entire time. Now that she's finally turning his way, can you blame a dude for second-guessing any positive signs she sends his way? I like this series, and I like the FL as a character, but she's a shitty person and her relationship with MC is toxic AF.

Dex-chan lover
I used to read the light novel, I’d say don’t even bother reading this dogshit. A lot of characters here are really toxic, including the main heroine Natsukawa, mc sister and mother, etc. Most people around mc keep saying he’s ugly, leading him to have a really low self esteem. From the premise mc supposed to already moved on from Natsukawa, yet he regressed to a pathetic simp every time she’s nearby, acting just like elementary schooler around their crush. Such a shame considering that he’s actually quite an interesting mc normally, and i like reading his monologue most of the time. Also literally most of the other heroines are wayyy better than Natsukawa, they actually know mc worth and treat him nicely (im not talking about Natsukawa’s friend the tomboy one though, she’s also kinda toxic). As long as mc hasn’t moved on from Natsukawa for real this LN/manga is still gonna be trash, and it’s not like that’s actually gonna happen since she’s the main heroine.

Fed-Kun's army
As of now, I am on chapter 14. I really like want to like this series, but the way it is going, it looks like a frustrating ride. The FML is now going through "you don't know what you have till you lose it" arc, and it is annoying how she sorta demands the MC to understand her, when she harshly rejected him in the past. Heck, she herself told him to stop calling her by name cuz it is creepy, and when he did, she was like "... I don't like that"... LIKE WTF?!?! lol

I'll say this now, while it is pretty obvious Natsukawa will probably win in the end, I honestly hate her. I truly wish there is a time where the MC does move on from her and tries to gain a confidence boost, but alas, the MC still has a massive crush on her. The only reason he has distanced himself, is because he pretty much got a realization he is average and that everything his sister and mom said about him was true, which is him being ugly with no redeeming qualities. Which brings me to the other point, how shitty and mean are the MC's family. Like man, teasing is ok here and there, but straight up bullying him is pretty crappy. Heck, the MC even mentions his sister assaults him physically. Like, the poor dude can't catch a break, it's no wonder he has low self esteem.

With that said..., I am already too deep and wanna see where this goes lol

Dex-chan lover
I would love to have scientific studies into some mangakas' brain. Because I don't understand why or how you would make Natsukawa "win" in the end, neither why the MC would keep his crush (people DO move on). Either the mangaka is sadistic building his readers frustration or he just has social problem, something like disgusted of his own worthless life (MC's life or relationships - including family - might be his) and yet he still keeps naive and childish purity of love under pseudo-maturity/cleverness with the MC's monologue.

This is actually the first time I post on this forum. This manga is so fking appalling that I have no choice but to vent my anger and frustration out somewhere. TLDR: dont read this trash.
Lets talk about the translation, which is probably MTL. Since the TL group actually took the time and effort to deliver these chapters for free, I will not complain too much. Just know that the translation is really bad, confusing, and doesnt make any sense most of the time.
Now for the actual plot. I have read some dogshit LN and manga but none has even come close to this one. The author prob wrote this using the last of his brain cells. The characters are so one-dimensional that you actually have to question whether this was written by a retard. You can read other comments complaining about the heroines (all of them are shit tier waifu with no hint of character development). What irked me the most is the MC himself, who, besides being a fking simp lord and an average dense protag, is also the prime of example of how not to create an MC, whose trains of thoughts hold zero consistency except for his constant self-loathing and simping. In a sense, the author is actually incredible as he managed to make every single character unlikable. I tried to stomach the plot till chapter 15, the latest, but seeing what this manga has managed to achieve during these chapters, I hold no hope what-so-ever, and I hope no one else will make the same mistake of reading this manga as I did.

The plot is okay, what infuriates me is the MC himself

Her crush, her sister, and the others are all okay

However the mindset of the main character is annoying, he doesn't understand that his self deprecating nature hurts others. He puts Natsukawa on a pedestal, claiming he is a fan and all of this happened because a soccer ball almost hit him which is pretty lame for a character to change like that.

The time where he is together with his sister and the council members, he makes a passing comment of he is such a loser and mentioning about her mother along with her sister something about what they told him in front of them. He isn't aware that he made her sister look bad, it's those type of people that are annoying.

That time too when Natsukawa simply said that she won't let her sister go near to someone like him. Now understand that she didn't mean it seriously, it wad like a joke but what did the MC do? He just agrees with that comment about that and walked away, does he not realize that it made Natsukawa look bad? How he justifies his actions of "knowing his place" is annoying, knowing his boundaries and etc are lousy excuses.

How he treats people is that he assumes the worst of them, make a self deprecating comment and act he is right yet he doesn't understand the effect it causes.
We are slowly seeing people like the council president and the tomboy friend of Natsukawa to enlighten our MC here but this MC is too narrow-minded and fixed with his laughable pathethic excuse of a mindset.

He reminds me of Hachiman except Hachiman is more understandable and his reasons are more believable and how he changed throughout the series is good. The problem with our MC is given too much power of his role on his story to look like he's right. Some people thinks that Natsukawa is a bitch and the other characters are bad but personally, i don't think they are bad characters.

The MC is just stupid with a stupid kind of self awareness with stupid kind of handling it and showing it to other people.

Users who are viewing this thread