Yumeochi ~Yume de Bokura wa Koi ni Ochiru~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Dreaming of Falling For You

Supporter
Not gonna lie... pretty rough ending. I feel half of the plot lines never got resolved, there was a 4th girl in the first chapter that never got introduced and he never actually picked anyone; so there really wasn't a decision that was made at the end.

Art was nice and the story had a lot of potential, plus I have a strong feeling this was the way the author wanted this story to end in the first place.
The 4th girl was actually introduced first -- his coworker that was his underclassman in school. Only by the time she was going to be reintroduced into the story, it was already off the rails. I can agree that this is still probably the ending scene that would have happened regardless.

Dex-chan lover
art was beautiful, too bad i felt scammed for having invested my time into reading this, the plot having gone nowhere fast.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... I guess it's an ending of sorts but it literally answered/solved nothing other than "Hey, let's try in our current lives instead of our dreams." Shame the fourth girl was never introduced, from the art it looked like she was a sporty type.

Group Leader
There's another manga with the same premise between two office workers, but only 3 chapters for like a year. Chapters are longer and has more potential than this one. Dunno what happened to it.

I tried looking for it in my library and it's gone. I can't remember the name. But I'll give you some info:

MC is office worker and his Team Leader/Boss was popular girl back in his highschool. Team Leader likes MC, but MC doesn't know it. MC lives with a lot of regret and after they both visited a shrine together, they began dreaming the teenage years all over again. Both of them plan to unlive their regrets through their dreams. But very early in the story they both find out they are dreaming the same dream and IIRC I think she already confessed by then too.

Dex-chan lover
This was good for what it was. I hope the author finds success in his next serialization.

Dex-chan lover
Strange they ended it. It's not like it was written into a bad corner. It could have still gone anywhere. Just another example that harem usually equals trash unfortunately. Should have leaned heavier into the comedy probably. That's what the better harems do.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it started off with a punch but it simmered own by the 5-6th chapter and making it harem really sealed the fate of this manga, Kitada was just introducing the girls just so he could continue the manga, I don't think he really had any proper story in mind when he started writing it.
Disappointing for sure because the creative hook of being dreamers was good to build a much better series. Could have really gone anywhere with it if the dreaming book had different arcs, specials or omakes.

Dex-chan lover
Axe-kun doesn't hold back.

Unless it's a generic self-insert isekai trash

Dex-chan lover
dUiwJkY.png

do you mean the axe?

Dex-chan lover
I really enjoyed this one. While it was floundering a bit, it wasn't a lost cause (had it not been axed) and had quite a bit of potential. The ending, while "nice", does not feel particularly satisfying; too much left unsaid, undone... I find distinction between an open ending with multiple options, and a near omnidirectional ending that doesn't really even give enough for " fill in yourself" supposition epilogues. Somewhat disappointing, but I enjoyed the concept and the majority of the "journey", as it were.

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't have become a harem. Had promise. Was genuinely surprised this author made something I felt had potential in the beginning. Unfortunate but that's the way it goes.

Dex-chan lover
Kind of sad. When this started it was a 10/10 for me but unfortunately its pacing came to a crawl and it had a lame end. At least it DID have an end though. most don't get that

Dex-chan lover
wew it made it to 30 chapters
I mean it was passable until it died though I guess it did kinda fall off a cliff pretty quick....

Users who are viewing this thread