Yuru Oyako - Ch. 8 - Marriage (2) & Important News Regarding Future Chapters

Dex-chan lover
well guess someday will be able to read more of this series

really enjoyed this one

Dex-chan lover
@Diridibindy I will talk for myself, besides living expenses and saving money, i can't afford alot, i already have subscriptions to isp and tv platforms, more than 10 streaming platforms (music, movies, series, anime, like netflix, amazon prime etc), pc and games expenses etc... I can't just afford to put even more money in the 80+ manga i'm following, not everybody are rich enough to afford everything they want

Damn, folks are real bitter. 😓

Guess I won't be uploading the raws to /u/ anymore, and I'll just switch my Fanbox subscription accordingly.

Dex-chan lover
You're kidding me. Even goggled anon went official.
I understand it that there will be no more translations of this one on MD. What a shame, what a shame

Congrats. Good for her, hopefully this helps her to get serialized one day. Bad for me because I'm not going to pay for a digital subscription service. I'll import her works if she ever gets a physical release.

Dex-chan lover
Sad I can't read it here, but grats to the mangaka and the translator. Hope it goes well!

Dex-chan lover
I hope this works out well, it's a good thing to see. That said, I can't afford it (or rather, I can, but I'd have to not spend the money on something else and this isn't high enough priority)--but that's my problem; in general this is good for authors and scanlators.

Double-page supporter
Well done getting hired - good to know this work can be rewarded as opposed to being thankless labour. But a part of me is sad that it’s paywalled now - I’m on mangadex for a reason lol. But no hard feelings.

Just for the TL - how far ahead are the raws? What do you think the English release schedule will be like? And just with 1x1/2 are you gonna try find a way to announce when that is starting up again (even if we have to pay for it)?

Thanks for the TLs and good luck.

Power Uploader
@MadMarx The translation is pretty much done the moment I get the materials. In terms of the JP release, Taiyaki is putting them out on Saturday evenings in JP time (used to be on Fridays, but she apparently changed it so she could take baths on Friday nights or something like that). In the scanlation era, I'd get these TL'd, typeset and uploaded as soon as someone dumped the RAWs, but now that last step is handled by the other parties, which involves quality checking and potential fixes, not aided by the sizeable time gap between Japan and the UK. I dunno if this process will change as we work out the kinks in the future, but for the meantime, expect the English version to be released about one day after the JP version updates.

Aggregator gang
I understand wanting to make money doing what you love but I hope she keeps doing it for herself and not just to please the masses.

I hope she won’t listen too much to patrons or editors regarding content/approach. Independent artists tend to have more freedom when studios aren’t breathing down their necks. If it doesn’t feel right and obscures your vision, just leave it.

Happy to contribute when I can. I understand it’s hard for people right now, they want an escape from the crazy and can’t afford luxuries. I don’t know about Taiyaki’s life but I doubt she’s a millionaire. Probably a regular person working a day to day job while making art on the side. Who doesn’t need a little extra income now and again? Besides, maybe if she can earn more she can just focus on making Manga. Who knows, maybe she’ll make freebie one shots for her fans she knows are struggling financially.

Looking forward to more of her works, especially 1 x 1/2.

aw...sad yet great news for the mangaka and translator..
sad tat i wont be seeing any free update from now on..but happy for the author and to GoogledAnon going official..

bye for now...cant afford to pay much for my yuri mangas for now(covid financial issues)..poor me..

Goodluck,guys..thank you so much for the free chaps..

Dex-chan lover
It's always nice to see when a good translator gets picked up to do the official translation instead of sent a cease and desist. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread