Yuuan no Kanata - Ch. 2 - Fear. It's strange and eerie.

Dex-chan lover
...is that it? Lots of good setup and then nothing. No payoff. This seems like a half-interesting series but goddamn that was distinctly unsatisfying.

edit: On second thought the setup wasn't that good. A ghost just showing up to give someone a heart attack is kind of nothing and the girls dead dad apparently has nothing to do with anything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
...is that it? Lots of good setup and then nothing. No payoff. This seems like a half-interesting series but goddamn that was distinctly unsatisfying.

edit: On second thought the setup wasn't that good. A ghost just showing up to give someone a heart attack is kind of nothing and the girls dead dad apparently has nothing to do with anything.
the raws show 4 chapters, not sure if it'll be multiple arcs or one overarching story tho

There's more going on. I guess since I didn't mention me working on the next chapter it might seem that way? There's 2 more chapters and one more scheduled for January.

the raws show 4 chapters, not sure if it'll be multiple arcs or one overarching story tho
I've read the chapters and it seem like there's a formula, one chapter for setting up, next is Kanata getting involved with the ghost/paranormal activity from the previous chapter. So I'm imagining an overarching story told through mini-arcs for right now. Kinda like how we learned more about Kanata not always being this way before, in this chapter.

Edit: I'm going to start on Chapter 3 after Christmas and it shouldn't, hopefully, take as long to get out even though it has more redrawing.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... the classic premise of supernatural ghosts/spirits and a MC that isn't a goody two shoes. Ig it's too early to figure out how good the writing is atm with only 2 chapters.

Of course at the very least, we know MC ain't looking for the supernatural to help people and is searching for a fear within this 2 chapters. That's good progress imo

Dex-chan lover
Whew, I really love the way the ghosts are rendered in this.

More of a 'tour through hauntings' kind of feeling, I dig it.

Users who are viewing this thread