Yuusha Densetsu no Uragawa de Ore wa Eiyuu Densetsu o Tsukurimasu: Oudou Goroshi no Eiyuutan~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
It’s always nice to see a king in a manga that either isn’t a huge POS or a complete idiot used for comedic purposes. But instead the dude is a reasonable person.
It always strikes me as odd that the bare minimum of character depth is "nice" rather than the norm...

Dex-chan lover
The classic, "pass out after the battle so the author doesn't have to describe the aftermath other than a brief summary," solution.

Mikage would be furious at being left out of the acclaim. Because it's about what makes him look good.

That's a patterned dress.

Politic > personal fame. But he has his own goals, so that's fine.

Straightforward with no excuses, nor accepting any alternate rewards. This is why he's a great protagonist.

Princess is smart to argue the political advantages, since he isn't a nobody to leave alone. She does indeed rock.

It's typical for royalty, unless they're the direct heir, to lose their royal status and noble inheritance rights if they marry a commoner.

King is reasonable. No need to force a solution no one likes.

And here comes the second fiddle.
I would say the King is playing the long game here. If the Yukina keeps on earning achievements and fame, then the King could be justified to give him a noble title.

Dex-chan lover
I would say the King is playing the long game here. If the Yukina keeps on earning achievements and fame, then the King could be justified to give him a noble title.
Yeah, it's not like he's "just a commoner." He's a commoner with a promising future. It's still a gamble on that part, though.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, but what would be the point? Neither he nor the princess seem like they care about the line of succession, and the latter has expressed some desire for freedom. If anything, this is a boon for her and he's definitely not the type who would want restricted by a title either.

Double-page supporter
I feel kinda bad for the brave. He keeps getting accidentally cucked by the hero, and he's not even a bad guy. Hopefully he finds his own happiness and doesn't become a bad character.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, the original artist retired with chapter 20 being their last. So the new artist takes the reigns in 21. Gotta say, you don't hear of artists retiring all too often.

Users who are viewing this thread