Yuusha ni Zenbu Ubawareta Ore wa Yuusha no Hahaoya to Party wo Kumimashita! - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
You can say what you want about Zect being a scumbag & a fool but at the end of the day he tried his best. He expressed genuine tears while also experiencing most likely his lowest point in his life. Maybe now he'll be humbled & turnover a new leaf to be a real hero like he aspired to be. Sure the church wasn't specific but I assumed without Ceres, they would still get the message (maybe?). I have no sympathies for the girls but Zect deserves massive respect points after this chapter. Hope he does become a better person after getting a good smack from Ceres because he can be redeemed. Thanks for the translations.

Deconstructing the DQ hero narrative so prevalent in Isekai is absolutely not what I was expecting from this manga, but it's really welcome. I'm glad that the hero party and even a (seemingly) side character like the pope are all multi-dimensional.
And of course, going from that to Ceres's harem discussing how to deal with his new dragon dick while waiting for their turn is just hilarious.
uhuh... right... so maybe they could have been a smidge more specific in their wording then? Like, say, "DONT FIGHT THE DRAGONS!!! just make sure to divert them!" like idk maybe mr pope doesnt realize yet that they're a bunch of morons without Ceres around but like, cmon mannnn
They didn't tell them not to fight the dragons because the religious authorities giving them requests have no clue about which is the better way to approach each situation. It's up to the people in the ground to make those decisions.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird how the author went out of his way to vilify Zect early in the story, only now to turn around and make him appear sympathetic. Why spend all that time making him the bad guy, and making him look like a complete douche, if he was going to just apply the power of friendship and make everything all better? Seems like poor writing.

Users who are viewing this thread