Yuusha Party wo Oidasareta Kiyoubinbou ~Party Jijou de Fuyojitsushi wo Yatteita Kenshi, Bannou e to Itaru~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 15 - The jack of all trades r…

Dex-chan lover
Isn't this a monthly manga? Why are people freaking out so much about GDscans abandoning it when their last chap was 25 days ago? Like, I get we're behind the raws, but keeping pace is fine, imo.

Isn't this a monthly manga? Why are people freaking out so much about GDscans abandoning it when their last chap was 25 days ago? Like, I get we're behind the raws, but keeping pace is fine, imo.
Because they didn't release for almost 7 months on it and they do this on other scans also, so people are sick of it. Really screws with the confluence when you can't remember what even took place previously.

Dex-chan lover
RIP Runa, she has to put up with those chucklefucks. I hope she bails.

Dex-chan lover
If you've read other mangas that were TL'd by GD, then you would know this is their modus operandi.

They have so much manga that they're "currently" translating and most of them aren't getting new chapters, they're essentially holding these mangas hostage. Only releasing a chapter whenever someone tries to translate it.

Dex-chan lover
Serie schedule depend on how many parts each chapter have, it can be biweekly to monthly for a chapter, but serie still behind 15 chapters and gonna keep at that or more unless GDS stop picking up new series to leave old ones behind, and doesn't help that they are supposed to be understaffed lmao (if you have no staff, why pick more series lol)

And is less about them freaking out that they abandoned this work in particular, and more that they always have to pull this same shit with series they worked on (because they like to hold chapters hostage in their patreon), more recent examples of this shitty behavior being this serie and this serie

Dex-chan lover
If you've read other mangas that were TL'd by GD, then you would know this is their modus operandi.

They have so much manga that they're "currently" translating and most of them aren't getting new chapters, they're essentially holding these mangas hostage. Only releasing a chapter whenever someone tries to translate it.
The issue here is that this chapter wasn't late at all. Like, sure, I'll 100% admit that they probably sat on the manga and forgot about it in the previous 7 month break before Rightdark came in, but with this current group, I just don't see that at all. They've been consistently releasing the chaps at a little over a ~1mo/chap rate, so a 25d delay just isn't weird to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if this chap was supposed to have been posted at the end of Nov or something.

Like, groups working on things in bursts is totally normal. Then, you have 4 months' worth of chaps, in which case you have two choices, and if the series isn't caught up to raws:
Release the chaps all at once: in roughly 3 months, people will start saying you abandoned the series, despite the overall pace being totally normal / on-pace with the release schedule
Release the chaps at the typical pace to keep releases consistent: In this case, if another serviceable chap is posted (like now), there's no reason not to release the completed chap then, since the pace was already broken. But then people freak out and say "why did you keep the chapter hostage?", despite that you were gonna post it in a few days anyway.

It's entirely possible that they were planning to forget about the series again, but honestly with a 25d wait since the previous chap I just see no reason to believe that was what was goin on here.

Dex-chan lover
Im expecting to come next is some drama to come out of this and this series ends up with chapters deleted from this website and the series abandoned.

Dex-chan lover
"Fucking snipers"?

My dude, this group deliberately holds hundreds of mangas and refuse to work on them until someone else starts scanlating them.

They literally released 4 chapters IN A WHOLE YEAR, and the only reason they started scanlating it again is because the monkey group grabbed it.

How is this fucking sniping?
EsTTxxjVoAA5-RC.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! Only time will tell which group I end up reading from, I suppose. Definitely not Right Dark, but the other two are good enough quality that it just depends on who translates it first.
So, the new one that does it competently and doesn't wait until someone else translates a chapter to upload theirs, then?

Dex-chan lover
The issue here is that this chapter wasn't late at all. Like, sure, I'll 100% admit that they probably sat on the manga and forgot about it in the previous 7 month break before Rightdark came in, but with this current group, I just don't see that at all. They've been consistently releasing the chaps at a little over a ~1mo/chap rate, so a 25d delay just isn't weird to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if this chap was supposed to have been posted at the end of Nov or something.

Like, groups working on things in bursts is totally normal. Then, you have 4 months' worth of chaps, in which case you have two choices, and if the series isn't caught up to raws:
Release the chaps all at once: in roughly 3 months, people will start saying you abandoned the series, despite the overall pace being totally normal / on-pace with the release schedule
Release the chaps at the typical pace to keep releases consistent: In this case, if another serviceable chap is posted (like now), there's no reason not to release the completed chap then, since the pace was already broken. But then people freak out and say "why did you keep the chapter hostage?", despite that you were gonna post it in a few days anyway.

It's entirely possible that they were planning to forget about the series again, but honestly with a 25d wait since the previous chap I just see no reason to believe that was what was goin on here.
if it was any other group this might be reasonable but we are talking about gds who if you try to trust you'll end up with this (raws up to 46)
zUzjVke.png

or this (raws up to 21)
qPAg1js.png

gds has a completely random update schedule on some mangas which they just forget they even did tls for, its awful when you get a random chapter after a lot of wait which you've forgotten most of the story and characters of only for it to be followed by another extremely long wait
if someone is willing and does a decent job at tling when they are incapable of updating in a semi scheduled manner almost none of their mangas they should just let them take care of it

Dex-chan lover
what GD does is sit on tons of series, never actually "dropping" them and keeping it ambiguous of whether or not they upload, until someone else uploads a chapter. Then, they immediately drop the chapter they probably finished a month ago, like an animal pissing to mark territory. They're really toxic

Dex-chan lover

Again, you're not seeing the big picture here. It's not just about THIS manga, it's the overall pettiness of this TL group.

The only reason they released this chapter is because SOMEONE ELSE put up an update. Even in the past, for this manga, they only released an update when monkey was uploading chapters. And it's only been a day, after someone has posted it.

If they already have a chapter translated, why hold on to it? And if you they haven't translated it yet, why the rush to suddenly translate the chapter and release it in one day?

Dex-chan lover
If they already have a chapter translated, why hold on to it? And if you they haven't translated it yet, why the rush to suddenly translate the chapter and release it in one day?
I mentioned this (and the rest) in my post, but it's clear that people would rather be angry than read things. Batch working on stuff isn't uncommon, and in those cases plenty of groups will hold on to chaps (vs releasing all at once) so that they can have regular releases, so that people don't freak out about "gaps" in the release schedule caused by working on multiple months' worth of chapters at a time. If a different group breaks the release pace (of decent chapters, and not the garbage ones like Rightdark's), the reason to hold the chapter for "pace reasons" is lost, so the chapter gets posted.

If GDScans had posted this chap after a 2 month lull in their uploads, I'd agree, but that isn't what happened here. People see what they've done in the past though, and despite them being on this same pace for the past 4 months, assume that they must've just dropped it again.

Dex-chan lover
I mentioned this (and the rest) in my post, but it's clear that people would rather be angry than read things. Batch working on stuff isn't uncommon, and in those cases plenty of groups will hold on to chaps (vs releasing all at once) so that they can have regular releases, so that people don't freak out about "gaps" in the release schedule caused by working on multiple months' worth of chapters at a time. If a different group breaks the release pace (of decent chapters, and not the garbage ones like Rightdark's), the reason to hold the chapter for "pace reasons" is lost, so the chapter gets posted.

If GDScans had posted this chap after a 2 month lull in their uploads, I'd agree, but that isn't what happened here. People see what they've done in the past though, and despite them being on this same pace for the past 4 months, assume that they must've just dropped it again.
This is the last time I'll be replying about this.

Okay, regarding your point about this being a "pace" release, it's not really justified at this point due to them doing this to other mangas.

They have left a manga for more than a few months, which is still behind raws for a few chapters, and they only posted an update when someone tried to "snipe" it from them. Which before they seemingly abandoned it, they were doing monthly releases.

For this manga, if you took a look at Chapter 7 and 8, it's a gap of 7 months. They were consistently releasing it as a monthly, then suddenly stopped releasing. They then resumed the monthly releases when MTL Monkey tried to "snipe" this manga.

If your argument is "pacing", then why the inconsistency? Monthly, to Bi-Yearly, then back to Monthly? It doesn't make sense, it only make sense if it's because of someone else TL it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I would write a longer response, but that's still something I've mentioned in my previous posts, so I ain't gonna re-tread it, especially if you claim you're done anyway. My point is just that yes, they've left large gaps before, but there isn't any actual reason to believe this was another one of those cases, given the gap hadn't even reached a month (for a monthly release manga, and for where their current stint of chaps was already monthly at times regardless).

I just think it's wild how many people are willing to instantly jump down GDscans' throat here, when the guy they're "fighting" here has scanlated a single chapter ever, and only "might" continue based on reception. If he keeps up with it at a good pace, then all well and good, but I've also seen more than a few series get dropped even harder when a new guy comes to take over a series from the "slow" group, that group drops the series for real, and then the new guy eventually goes "actually, I realized scanlation is a pain in the ass, so I'm quitting". So, I aint gonna jump on the "fuck GDS, all hope on the new guy" bandwagon quite yet.

Dex-chan lover

But GD usually doesn't do batch uploads. the few series they consistently update are singular updates

Dex-chan lover
But GD usually doesn't do batch uploads. the few series they consistently update are singular updates
Yes. Batch uploads and batch work are different things. My claiming that GDscans is likely working on chapters in batches, and then uploading on a fairly regular pace (hence already having their version of this chapter on-hand), isn't saying they do batch uploads.

Users who are viewing this thread