Yuusha Party wo Tsuihousareta Hakuma Doushi, S Rank Boukensha ni Hirowareru ~Kono Hakuma Doushi ga Kikakugai Sugiru~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
How was that small bug an A rank monster? It seems like there aren't any really dangerous monsters around in that part of the world, and thus the whole scale has been defined to only cover what you'd expect to be the bottom quarter of monsters in most fantasy series.
It's probably just that poisonous. And possibly with an arsenal of skills similar to Kumoko. But it all does not help from being sniped by an S-rank archer.

Dex-chan lover
Giant spiders are universally scary. Unless you’re one of those guys who think tarantulas are cute and huggable little fluffballs.
I don't laugh at people terrified of spiders since it's partially genetic, but that really shouldn't affect how the adventurers' guild classifies monsters. This particular thing was instantly killed by a single arrow, so how strong could it be? It was also only the size of a large dog.

It's probably just that poisonous. And possibly with an arsenal of skills similar to Kumoko. But it all does not help from being sniped by an S-rank archer.
These S-rank adventurers... They aren't actually that tough either. They only really started to perform closer to a level I'd expect from S-rank once the MC joined the team and boosted them. Actually, I'd still make them A-rank even when the MC is buffing them. But like I said, they live in a peaceful world, compared to many other fantasy worlds from other manga, that the scale feels very humble.

Supporter
I read the entire chapter hoping it would trigger my memory.
Some plot point, some character, maybe a location, anything to make me remember what story this was...and yet nothing.
I drew a complete blank.

Guess it's time to re-read.
i usually glance at or read the previous chapter for a recap, but it's still vague at best.

(This must be a manga i binged in few hours and bookmarked)

Dex-chan lover
I don't laugh at people terrified of spiders since it's partially genetic, but that really shouldn't affect how the adventurers' guild classifies monsters. This particular thing was instantly killed by a single arrow, so how strong could it be? It was also only the size of a large dog.
A single arrow in its eye; I would find it quite hard for anything to survive getting hit by an arrow through their eye and into their brain.

Besides, looking at its colour, it's very likely that the darn thing was armoured, so it's exosqueleton was likely metallic in its nature, so any adventurer without a plethora of experience in their belt would likely find it very hard to kill.

Our archer here was simply THAT good.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda weird that "Saint" only knows heal.. and a weak one at that.
Given she specialized in Heals, why her heals is weak af.

Even weird that support is white mage but have little to no heals.
He's like a Red Mage without firepower.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda weird that "Saint" only knows heal.. and a weak one at that.
Given she specialized in Heals, why her heals is weak af.

Even weird that support is white mage but have little to no heals.
He's like a Red Mage without firepower.
It seems the hero party was support-heavy. They have a healer, a white mage, and a tank. I guess it all helps the Hero shine.
And unlike in video games (where healer would quickly get bored with only heals), they have specialized, with healer doing only healing, and white mage doing buffing spells.

The real problem with the hero party, is that they were very mediocre individuals, who only managed to do what they did with the power of MC's support spells. In some other novels, they even make it sound like having support magic that is too good, is bad for the party members' growth.

Finally, MC does have decent heals, but they aren't as good as a healer buffed with his buffs.

Dex-chan lover
It seems the hero party was support-heavy. They have a healer, a white mage, and a tank. I guess it all helps the Hero shine.
And unlike in video games (where healer would quickly get bored with only heals), they have specialized, with healer doing only healing, and white mage doing buffing spells.

The real problem with the hero party, is that they were very mediocre individuals, who only managed to do what they did with the power of MC's support spells. In some other novels, they even make it sound like having support magic that is too good, is bad for the party members' growth.

Finally, MC does have decent heals, but they aren't as good as a healer buffed with his buffs.
Yeah, it seems there is not enough exposition about the classes to begin with.

For 'Hero', they supposed to have high firepower with exception of 'Black Mage' with AOEs,
then we have we have 'White Mage' which should be support and healers.

Now they add 'Saints' which suppose to be ultimate healer/holy magic user but it seems in this manga
'Saints' is just scuffed 'White Mage'.

Dex-chan lover
Now they add 'Saints' which suppose to be ultimate healer/holy magic user but it seems in this manga
'Saints' is just scuffed 'White Mage'.
I suspect "Saint" is just her title as a particularly successful healer, not a class or anything.

This chapter really shows the difference between the hero's party and the S-Rank party. I don't think they're that different in terms of potential, but the latter party didn't get complacent even after gaining Lloyd's buffs and continue to train themselves.

Dex-chan lover
WHY
IS
THIS
SO
DAMN
FRUSTRATING
JUST
GIVE
ME
SOME
SERVICE
well, I know this shitty not about service but then again why is this even ongoing then

Contributor
Expanding more on the supporting characters continue as I expected, at least with Cross. I like it.

No Yui this time except for that bit where he says she started adventuring at 12. Cross is unexpectedly wholesome for training with a young rookie boy(?) archer while hiding his rank. Cross looks like he'd be the pervy playboy type of archer in other manga but here he's nothing of the sort. And he killed an A-rank monster with one shot, he's legitimately an S-rank.

Allen had a harem of at least 3 girls (Lina didn't seem to be in love with him at least) so at first I thought he'd be a lust oriented villain, that he kicked out the only other guy in his party mainly because he's a playboy banging his groupies on the regular and can't stand other males, but there's been no real evidence of that so far; it seems more like he's a pride oriented villain who cares about his reputation and glory the most. He didn't seem to care much that Miiya left(?) and he now only has a love triangle rather than a harem.

Users who are viewing this thread