Yuwakashi Yuusha no Fukushuutan

Well it had promise, but dropped the ball pretty quickly again.

The only thing making this any different from the usual "MC gets a useless power that turns out to be OP and then takes revenge on the people who ostracized/betrayed him" garbage is that the MC is female this time. Slightly more thought was put into the reason for the betrayal this time at least, since it was for an actual reason rather than "lol i dont like the hero because he has black hair xdddd" or something stupid.

A few minor changes would have made this story much more original :

-They do more testing on the hero's power. Yea, she can boil water...but perhaps she can boil other things too? What if she could boil a lake from a huge distance away? You dont need to be a genius to try testing this. Lots of ways it could be useful.

-Even if the hero's gift is useless, she can still level up via killing people. So this is supposed to be a tyrannical kingdom right? Round up a few hundred criminals for her to execute, and voila you got a girl whos way stronger than any soldier. Then you just use her till she dies in combat and get a new hero.

-Have the MC run away on her own because she doesnt want to fight anymore, THEN send people after her. Sending people to burn down her whole village before turning her into an edge lord that tortures people to death makes it really obvious that the author just wants to write an edgy revenge story where the MC is justified in whatever she does.

A normal girl turning into an edge lord that just wants to torture people to death, in less than an hour, really breaks suspension of disbelief here. Killing them in self-defense was fine, but torturing the last guy to death didnt make any sense unless she was already a psychopath in the first place. You dont turn into a psychopath that fast.

Im quite surprised the author didnt make the soldiers rape anyone in the village, you know just to hammer home the point that the MC is justified in her edgy revenge.

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there
Become so tired, so much more aware
By becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

Oh i like where this is going.. Let's just hope this will be a revenge story and not ''I was gonna take revenge but then i met someone and changed my mind'' story

This is absurdly brutal, but I really like it. Curious whether it'll keep my interest, the revenge stories I picked up before got repetitive fast. Fingers crossed!

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, typical revenge stuff i guess, just with a girl? Same dumb background which need everybode to be insanely dumb to not get the possibilities and instead just go "jeah, lets kill her instead" ... well, nothing new, others do the same, but i have to say: What the fuck is wrong with their faces?
Really... this artstyle is so fckn weird.... O_O

Dex-chan lover
So,as per usual in these shitty revenge mangas,is she going to rape someone?
I don't mean that she is the one doing the raping,it would be interesting if that happen,but leaving the task to a lynch mob or something like that.

The story itself is not altogether terrible, but the artist is just. Really bad at comic making. So many of the panels are completely impossible to parse out, and if not for the exposition and tropes used (i.e. death ahegaos on corpses) I'd literally have no idea what was going on in them. I still have only the vaguest idea of what specifically is happening in any action sequence, and the dedication to making the art somewhat horny in its depictions just makes it so much worse. It's still readable, but the storytelling choices when it comes to the actual art (which is the point of using a visual medium like a comic instead of a textual one) are pointedly bad and actively harm it. Would probably be significantly better as an LN. Will personally give it another chapter or two then drop if there's no improvements

@Fghj Maybe she has some limitations on her ability so the thing she's boiling probably needs at least some percentage of water in it.

Users who are viewing this thread