Zanuff the Butcher - Oneshot

Oh, this one's surprisingly good! I was worrying over Zanuff turning butcher towards Alice when she grows up but there was no (obvious) evidence of that, instead he just kept loving her gently despite his situation. While certainly not a fair story, there was a sense of relief in that.
Thank you for the scanlations! :)

Aggregator gang
Well, not what I expected

The tension was great.... I mean I was afraid till the end that he would butcher the little girl, but she got a happy end (kind of..)

Dex-chan lover
0-100 then wholesome then almost junji ito. This was a roller coaster.

Group Leader
Wow, what a strange, strong and creepy story. Glad that little girl got the happy end.
Thanks for translation!

So many mixed feelings and questions about this, who knows what would've happened in the future if he was free, maybe Alice would be killed too? I don't know, what a roller coaster
Looks like she never visited him, maybe she was afraid of him because of what he did, understandable of course but that she was happy to see him was interesting. I would love to know more about those 10 years that have passed (we heard only a little bit), couple more Chapters would be nice but since it's a Oneshot we will never know, we can only speculate

Aggregator gang
What a roller coaster what a story props to the author :) what a good guy even he killed he still did the right thing rip mr butcher :(

man don't tell me the guards ask what you want to eat was his last meal

10/10 what a roller coaster

Dex-chan lover
I'm not crying... YOU CRYING 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Looks like she never visited him, maybe she was afraid of him because of what he did, understandable of course but that she was happy to see him was interesting.
It's more likely she was never allowed to visit. The time skip near the end was ten years meaning she visited him after she was legally an adult and could choose to do so. (She was 8 before that time skip.) Before that point in time it would have been up to whoever was legally her guardian. And considering the fact he murdered her mother it'd be reasonable for them to prevent her from seeing him even if she wanted to.

Supporter
After re reading this, I just noticed that the woman who buys the salads in the beginning is Alice's mom

Group Leader
@Ryder96

The guard did say they made an exception, so maybe it's because she wasn't allowed to visit before, not becuase she didn't want to.

A messy story. Feels like the most important is the edgy idea rather than story-telling. Feels like the author cared more for the shock value rather than tell a good story. Not much value here.

Dex-chan lover
I would say the message here is that no matter how messed up or detached from society someone is, they still may bring a tinge of happiness into another person's life. Therefore, despite past wrongs commited and lack of purpose in life we should always strive to do our best for the betterment of the world, if I may write it so grandiosely.

Users who are viewing this thread