Zatch Bell! 2 - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Kiyomaro and Ashuron yelling each other in order to communicate in the midst of domestic abuse is a fun touch. The kids could be adopted since you don't see a ring on Sherry, but they do look similar to her and the ring wouldn't necessarily be visible from that angle.
And with the implication that it'll be 27 kids this time, it opens a lot of interesting options. If you remove the main cast of Gash, Umagon, Tio, Kanchome, Won Lei and Brago it leaves 21. That can include a lot of old villains and minor antagonists like Zophie, Victoreem, Zeon, Cherish, Barry and Patty.

Dex-chan lover
SHERRY IS BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

I think the kids are adopted, they are too old for her to have had all of them in this span of time... I think. She was 18 wasn't she, during the last series... hmm, well, it wouldn't be impossible, but she would have been very occupied XD.

That colored spread page... Raiku-sensei was inspired, his sense of scale has always been top-notch.

Dex-chan lover
The color page was amazing!
So happy to see Sherry again! This means we'll see Brago too!

Fed-Kun's army
Personally, not against Sherry getting married. Just wouldn't want her hubby to be some random NPC, and she has zero chemistry with any of the characters from the original series barring Brago, Koko and maybe (big maybe) Kiyomaro. So, them being adopted seems the most likely, but who knows? I do think we should sit back and wait. Let Raiku be Raiku, it'll be fun almost no matter what he does before we start making judgement on the idea.

Okay, that aside.... Twenty Seven books! Who's gonna get them? Obviously there are the givens: Zeno, Brago and Barry are pretty obvious at this point. Won Rei and Ponygon go without saying (hopefully). Zoboron was already hinted so Purio has to show up for sure, reunite that comedy quartet. Also I'd love to see Penny and Byonko again... but are they practically givens like the others I've named? What about Laila or Kiddo? Or Yopopo and Danny? 27 seems like a lot, but is it really going to be enough to see every character I want to see again? Oh, how I worry about that... Just so crazy excited for this series!

Dex-chan lover
just like old itmes tio and gash

looks like sherry is next to come back and looks like she has a family of her own now

should be interesting to see what she's been up to and who she got with ect

Considering Koko's past, it's absolutely possible that Sherry did adopt, and yet the possibility of marriage is still high as well. I guess we'll find out next chapter.
Also considering Sherry's own past, it's very clear that she's a better mom than her own mother. Mama Sherry ftw.
Here's hoping that the other 27 Book Users will have many familiar faces, especially with the chance of many good reunions (lookin' at you, Purio and Lupa). With Kiyomaro, Megumi, and Folgore, that brings us to 30 Demons who can use Spells.

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling that Sherry's oldest kid (the quiet one) will replace her as Brago's partner, since it's a common trope in a sequel series with characters that have children.

Dex-chan lover
So, for people asking it seems like it's been around 10 years since the first series. I thought it was way longer but some people corrected me. So, Sherry should be around 30, Kiyo is around 25, Gash is around 19 in human years, etc.

Man I love this soo much 😭
All the old memories flooding right in and it feels so wholesome

Got to see Ashuron and Barry

and Sherryyyy (with kids 💀) 😭

Loved all the comedic elements throughout the chapter. 💯/💯
Amazing chapter, can't wait for more 🥹

8 years in the human world since if i recall correctly, Kiyo is now 22 and he was only 14 when he participated in the battle. Mamodo world is different and it's implied they age at a much more rapid pace.
8 years in the human world and 12 years in the Demon. So age wise it's possible if barely but most likely they're adopted.

Okay, I didn’t have “Sherry has kids now” on my list of Zatch Bell predictions. I always thought she would have a lesbian relationship with Koko.

…Actually, come to think of it - how much time has passed since the end of the first series and the beginning of the second? Because if those are her biological kids and the oldest one looks like seven or so, she really got busy.
Nothing really stops her to be with Koko, y'know, adoption is a thing and shit

Group Leader
Hey, everybody! I'm a bit late to the discussion, but I thought I'd try and shed some light on how much time has passed between the end of the original series and the start of the sequel.

It's never explicitly stated, but Gash went from 6 to 19... because 13 years have passed. Kiyomaro assumed he was 14 years old by his APPEARANCE alone, because the sad truth is that it seems Kiyomaro never bothered to learn how old Gash actually is during their time together. The whole point of Kiyomaro saying that he looked 14 was to play into a gag where Gash felt self-conscious about his growth development, so Gash turned his nose up and tried to save face by claiming all the demons age differently... when we now know that, based on how all the other demons have been aging, Gash is the only one who is a late bloomer. He just doesn't want to admit it.

Gash, Kanchome, and Tio are all 19 years old.
Kiyomaro is 27 years old.
Apollo is 39 years old.
Folgore is 36 years old.
Megumi is 29 years old.
Barry is 30 years old.
Sherry is 31 years old.

So far, we haven't seen anything that contradicts this. While it may be possible that time might move at a different rate between the human world and demon world, I don't think we're supposed to be thinking about it that hard. The bottom line is that, if we're to believe 13 years have passed, then everyone except for Gash seems to corroborate that based on their physical appearances after the time skip.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hey, everybody! I'm a bit late to the discussion, but I thought I'd try and shed some light on how much time has passed between the end of the original series and the start of the sequel.

It's never explicitly stated, but Gash went from 6 to 19... because 13 years have passed. Kiyomaro assumed he was 14 years old by his APPEARANCE alone, because the sad truth is that it seems Kiyomaro never bothered to learn how old Gash actually is during their time together. The whole point of Kiyomaro saying that he looked 14 was to play into a gag where Gash felt self-conscious about his growth development, so Gash turned his nose up and tried to save face by claiming all the demons age differently... when we now know that, based on how all the other demons have been aging, Gash is the only one who is a late bloomer. He just doesn't want to admit it.

Gash, Kanchome, and Tio are all 19 years old.
Kiyomaro is 27 years old.
Apollo is 39 years old.
Folgore is 36 years old.
Megumi is 29 years old.
Barry is 30 years old.
Sherry is 31 years old.

So far, we haven't seen anything that contradicts this. While it may be possible that time might move at a different rate between the human world and demon world, I don't think we're supposed to be thinking about it that hard. The bottom line is that, if we're to believe 13 years have passed, then everyone except for Gash seems to corroborate that based on their physical appearances after the time skip.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Users who are viewing this thread