Zatch Bell! 2 - Vol. 3 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Despite how prestigious their family looked like, I think their family financial status still aren't very good. Sherry has been doing housechores like buying the necessities and also cleaning the washroom as seen with the brush she's holding when protecting her son. I suppose there's no maid and there's only the butler gramps as servant.
On side note, Apollo is the best uber deliveryman

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is just filled with lots of goosebumps, i was like "Wtf is this kid lmao" into "oh shit kid you a real man", and real amaziing willpower from Sherry there.

My favorite thing about reading sequels is character regression and assassination.
Ch 18 better save this horrible trainwreck or this series and the author is dead to me.
This is a character who wanted to kill herself as a kid and only lived because Koko saved her and became her friend and reason to live.
She went through even worse hell to save her yet I'm supposed to believe that she married a horrible man and had four kids with him just so she could have money and keep her title?
She's now a spineless woman who pushes her kids like her mother yet is incapable of empathizing with her son who feels like his parents are failures.
Also love that the whole village knows her husband is having an affair too.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I cried like shit this is not happening to Sherry and Bragooooooo 😭

And Apollo is here! GUYSSSSSSSSS 😭

Dex-chan lover
My favorite thing about reading sequels is character regression and assassination.
Ch 18 better save this horrible trainwreck or this series and the author is dead to me.
This is a character who wanted to kill herself as a kid and only lived because Koko saved her and became her friend and reason to live.
She went through even worse hell to save her yet I'm supposed to believe that she married a horrible man and had four kids with him just so she could have money and keep her title?
She's now a spineless woman who pushes her kids like her mother yet is incapable of empathizing with her son who feels like his parents are failures.

If that's what you feel, Makoto Raiku is indeed dead to you. There are other mangas you can enjoy. Don't read this anymore if it angers and suffocates you this much.

Dex-chan lover
It will be a reupload to the existing chapter 17. We've already been periodically updating pages on here with slight revisions whenever Makoto Raiku puts out a new volume, but they usually pertain to artwork touch-ups (and in one case, changing the name of a character in chapter 4).

But if the change is actually significant this time, then we'll probably separate the two as (old) and (current). It all depends on how much Makoto Raiku decides to alter. :)

Thank you so much for your dedication and quality work!

I've been following your new uploads for the original series too. Thank you very much!

Dex-chan lover
I honestly think that the husband openly cheating on Sherry is a red herring since Sherry doesn't seem like the kind of person who would tolerate something like that.
I would be pretty disappointed if it was just played straight by having Brago return and have him help Sherry with her messy married life by intimidating the husband and representing her as her lawyer (he went to law school during the timeskip) in the divorce proceeding so she can keep the castle and the kids.

I honestly think that the husband openly cheating on Sherry is a red herring since Sherry doesn't seem like the kind of person who would tolerate something like that.
I would be pretty disappointed if it was just played straight by having Brago return and have him help Sherry with her messy married life by intimidating the husband and representing her as her lawyer (he went to law school during the timeskip) in the divorce proceeding so she can keep the castle and the kids.
What, you think he is going to use the foreigners kiss random people on the mouth as a greeting excuse?

Aggregator gang
So I can tell Sherry calls the butler "Jiiya", which I guess means "old man" is technically correct but is really just a typical "butler name". I guess depending on how faithful to the original material you wanted to be, you could call him "Jeeves".

[rambling because everyone already talked about the cool stuff]

Dex-chan lover
There's zero chance Sherry became spineless.

Dex-chan lover
did we read the same chapter??
Like some of the criticism is valid, but saying that Sherry is like her mother??

there is a vast difference between a woman that abused her child to the point of wanting to die and said woman's child who, while on the first glance strict, is still very loving to her children.

We saw Sherry interact with her children for one chapter (and the ending of the last) and nothing I see indicates abuse.
She explicitly states that if they hate what they have to do, to the point of despair, she's obviously not going to keep on forcing them.

She only hopes that they learn self discipline and virtue through education and extracurriculars, even if it sometimes may feel like a chore.
She continuously praises them for any and all effort they make, every good character trait they show, seen in the last chapter where her kinds proudly show off their accomplishments to her.

The boy states that there is at least on instance of free time they can freely spend, and there is nothing that indicates that they can't just ask for more or talk to her.

f*ck she actively asks them if they feel stressed, or overwhelmed and explains her reasoning to them.
2 out of the 3 children either in support her parenting in full or don't have much to complain about.

The only one of the three children, that disagrees with her, is the kid that actively wants to be like the father (jury still open on that writing decision).
Same kid who scoffed at the idea of virtue and would rather be rich and do whatever he wants.
Same kid who has problems making friends, not because of his schedule, but because according to the oldest(?) his personality is shit, but blames it on the schedule anyway.
So neither of the other kids seem to have the problem that they don't have enough time to spend with their friends.

So we can conclude:
-They don't lack the basic necessities, they don't lack love and they don't lack a social life, expect for the kid who seems to have problems making friends because of his personality. They can most likely choose hobbies as the other kid doesn't seem to play Tennis, yet the older kid does which would be another point for them to play and interact with peers.

Yet Sherry is in any capacity supposed to be like her mom??? Not to mention that Sherry might have problems understanding what a healthy schedule is supposed to look like because of her childhood and yet still manages to raise the three of them in mostly perfectly fine children.

obv the kid still very much loves her as he came back and seems to have some disdain for his fathers affair aswell
unreliable narration. If Sherry wanted to own a house and title, she could have just asked Apollo, or any other connection from the first part that had any sort of sway. Like Dr. Riddle who seemed to have enough money to buy a mansion with library.

so clearly there is more at play than what a little kid would know. Red Herring at it's finest.
also, again, it's been one chapter. We don't know yet what led to sherry marrying that guy or how he used to be. we haven't even seen Koko yet!

Saying it's character assassination or regression is way to much.

Fed-Kun's army
Yessssss. Raiku-Sensei cooking up a storm. Looking forward to Brago being back. Four bad guys at once. That might be enough to slow him down. You know, for a moment at least. So awesome

Users who are viewing this thread