Zatch Bell! 2 - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
I honestly never expected to see Dr. Riddle again, and I am so stoked.
I just thought the lead protagonists were getting their demons back, but I am genuinely prepared to cry for Dr Riddle and Kido to reunite.
I wonder who else is lined up to return now.
If Arth and Eri get to reunite I will cry my god damn eyes out.

Contributor
It kind of feels like they're rushing to bring the old gang back together. I trust sensei to write an engaging story. I do not trust the publishers to let him do that. I sincerely hope that moving this quickly is his idea because he wants to move onto the main conflict and not his editors making him do that cause nostalgia sells. I kind of wish we had some new main characters. Like the first two children could have been something. Again, hoping sensei has a plan and is allowed to let it happen

I think Dr. Riddles cannot join the fight, even he is still alive after this match. Maybe it is Vino to partner with Kid instead of him. Normally Book user is determined by blood related with the previous user, but I guess may be another way to inherit book. NGL I just did not want Clear Note to return. He is too OP after all.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm.. I thought sherry is so perfectionist that her husband's infidelity must be a mistake. Like he is secretly doing that because hidden research about demon. But he is just ordinary trashy bastard. Well it's just small disappointment

Fed-Kun's army
It kind of feels like they're rushing to bring the old gang back together. I trust sensei to write an engaging story. I do not trust the publishers to let him do that. I sincerely hope that moving this quickly is his idea because he wants to move onto the main conflict and not his editors making him do that cause nostalgia sells. I kind of wish we had some new main characters. Like the first two children could have been something. Again, hoping sensei has a plan and is allowed to let it happen
Zahra, the girl from Egypt, got a book back in chapter 7. So she'll be relevant in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Is it weird that the one detail I take the most offense to is that Kiyo and Sherry didn't already have each other's phone numbers?

I get that they're practically strangers, but they were also the top 2 participants in the Demon King Royale. They broke bread together. They broke heads together. You'd expect them to at least check in and make sure the other isn't dead for some reason.

Also glad that Dr. Riddles turned his life around, given his whole persona in the original series stemmed from him being broken after failing to save his grandson's life. Good for him.

Honestly, I could see Raiku-sensei write a good trans character.
I was wondering about that too!

tf you mean they didn't have each others number before this?

They were each others final boss!

Konjiki no Gash!! 2 is self-published online by Makoto Raiku's own publishing company, Birgdin Board, with print editions released by Kraken Comics. So everything happening here is 100% Raiku's decision. He may or may not get feedback on the story from his staff, but there's no editor pressuring him to move the story in a certain direction.

I share your concerns about the breakneck pacing, though. It's one of my only worries about this otherwise fantastic sequel.

SHOVES EVERYONE OUT OF MY WAY

VINOOOOOO SOOOOOOON!!!!! my BOY!

im feeling absolutely feral right now. I can't properly express how excited I am to see what Vino actually looks like now that he's a teenager so I can stop using my fan-design for him lol
can i see this fan design?

Users who are viewing this thread