Zatsuyou Fuyo Jutsushi ga Jibun no Saikyou ni Kizuku made - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - The Guild Master

Dex-chan lover
This is not being a pussy this is "do not mention my name if you value your life". The guildmaster didnt give up because he lacks persuasion, he gave up because he was veritably threatened. Something really twisted must has happened even before him joining dragon wing. Coupled with the various hints regarding the labyrinth, the protag might end up being his own nemesis at this rate. S-chan probably know something about it but hasnt mentioned.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm really enjoying this manga! I find the MC's character very interesting between his very low self-esteem and his excitement during the fight with the floor boss. He has an unexpected depth to him that makes this manga very fun and enjoyable. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Dex-chan lover
this guy clearly has some repressed shit going on & was abused that badly in his previous party to be in that state of mind. guy's mental

wished the sage childhood friend could communicate that kinda stuff to others more.

The manga doesn't think theres anything cool about Wimms mindset, nor does it think its going to be cured with a hug and praise.
When pushed on it, dude subconsciously gets ready to try and murder the strongest guy in the city. Hes a total mess. What its surely promising as the longer arc is a deconstruction of the humble hero trope, with the only explanation for this kind of humbleness being a serious psychological issue.

Thank you for the translation! Can't wait to see Chronos get bit bitch ass beaten up from all that negative karma!

Dex-chan lover
The manga doesn't think theres anything cool about Wimms mindset, nor does it think its going to be cured with a hug and praise.
When pushed on it, dude subconsciously gets ready to try and murder the strongest guy in the city. Hes a total mess. What its surely promising as the longer arc is a deconstruction of the humble hero trope, with the only explanation for this kind of humbleness being a serious psychological issue.
I'm thinking it's like in Raiden in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, where he has an alter ego within himself (akin to Jack the Ripper) and he's repressing it deep down, or else he will fear he will hurt those around him.
I do wonder if it's something about the puppeteer skill once took control of him and he couldn't gain control back.
So many interesting questions that I hope gets answered.

Dex-chan lover
I can honestly say that I love Wimme as a protagonist. He works hard, cares about others, and is humble to a fault.

I do think that he needs to come out of his shell and learn how strong he really is. (I'm sure that will happen soon though.)

Dex-chan lover
That’s one big boi
I mean what’s stopping him from giving him the credit for the 97th either way

Dex-chan lover
I usually hate the trope of MC thinking he's the weakest and what not, but i dont understand why people are so madge in this one, since it clearly isnt following the trope, but its seemingly more than that, since its leaving out infos and showing him with different personalities.

So I'd say its not that he pretends to be weak and worthless, but he is genuinely thinking that in some sense 😐

Honestly curious, if its something like a memory seal, or a curse, or just straight up different personalities
Same! At first i was like, "dude needs therapy"
But just now, we saw something that might or might not be his true self.
Some sort of dissociation.
Ill be damn if that harem-wannabe that cursed him but who knows, he might doing so unknowingly?
But that means its just a normal trope.
Hildemarie also ask him not to forget her so it really is about his memory?
But wat causing this?
We need backstory of how hildemarie meets him since we cant trust his memory.
In short, he's not just him trying to undervalue himself, there's something more and it better be out of norm cuz ill be damn if its just "self-confidence" issue

Dex-chan lover
My read so far is dude is dealing with some trauma where his former self is being suppressed. Thousand-yard-stare personality pops up when the stress is too much
Came here to point this out.

I've met people like this; incredibly gifted, incredibly traumatized.

Every single one of them took their own life.

I miss some of them.

This read is very difficult because of it; I just... I don't see a good ending for Wimme-kun.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, I thought at 20ch we would at least START tackling his self esteem issues, but if author decided that to be his main characteristics to please the targeted audience and continues to drag his feet to resolve it I don't know how I'll feel about it.
Like at first it was just a bit annoying and I hoped it would get better with char dev, but if it will take 40 or more chapters for it, I don't think much people will keep reading, me included.

Dex-chan lover
if wimmie continues like this soon enough his supressed self is gonna explode and he going to start tweaking just like jiu jitae
what-is-jiu-ji-taes-most-iconic-panel-v0-w7x9qoi600pc1.png

Fed-Kun's army
While I can see the trauma case building, it's hard for me to forget that whatever it was greets him whenever he enters the dungeon, and agreed to whatever contract thingy the thing living in the core of the boss offered.
Somehow the fact that he can enhance his brain seems sus here too.

Supporter
Ugh, I thought at 20ch we would at least START tackling his self esteem issues, but if author decided that to be his main characteristics to please the targeted audience and continues to drag his feet to resolve it I don't know how I'll feel about it.
Like at first it was just a bit annoying and I hoped it would get better with char dev, but if it will take 40 or more chapters for it, I don't think much people will keep reading, me included.
You guys are really gonna watch this chapter and still underplay it as simply self-esteem issue? Sometimes, I wonder if we're even reading the same manga, judging by some of the complaints here.

Made a little translation mistake on page 4. Specifically the 2nd textbox if anyone wants to go back and read it. I also changed some wording on that page to make the rambling (hopefully) sound more natural(?).
While I'm at it here's a small update:
I haven't started translating chapter 10 yet (only cleaned and redrawn) but I expect chapter 21 to be uploaded some time next week.
Also thanks for all the support! It really helps me stay motivated since I'm doing all this by myself in my free time.

Aggregator gang
Guild master priest is based - refreshing to finally see a religious figure that isn't yet another not-so-secretly evil cult leader.

Users who are viewing this thread