Zeikin de Katta Hon - Vol. 7 Ch. 49 - Guide to Holdings Inspection Part 3

Dex-chan lover
I thought she baked a big cake and everyone just takes a slice, but she apparently bought different types of samples from some patisserie. I have seen this before in manga, countless times, and it's rather interesting. Not like you couldn't do that where I live as well, but I reckon it's more common, whether you make it yourself or buy it, to have a single type of cake for everyone.

Gu7

Dex-chan lover
I do not care what anyone has to say, but i ship it !

58VGCE7.jpg

Double-page supporter
A cool lady indeed. Love that pun with her name too, so cute! Really hope we see her often.

An obligatory comment on Ishidaira-kun's cuteness - his constant fun , fun and luckyy when thinking about being paid and the quality of his work was totes adorbs

I pray and hope this gets licensed in English and gets an anime and they get the va for Rin and Mikorin to voice him. No one else is more suited

Dex-chan lover
I thought she baked a big cake and everyone just takes a slice, but she apparently bought different types of samples from some patisserie. I have seen this before in manga, countless times, and it's rather interesting. Not like you couldn't do that where I live as well, but I reckon it's more common, whether you make it yourself or buy it, to have a single type of cake for everyone.
Their isn't a demand, or sale of box mix over their. So it's a learned skill; it's why every valentines sp. they have the characters follow a recipe or buy it. Gift-giving is a culture in Japan, so the commercial aspect is well-developed. And home cooking to an extent can be seen as excessive.

The single portion probably has something to do with their local audience. I know I'd be delighted with more variety myself. And it's not a celebration. I've also seen in manga that they have people order roll-cakes in advance before the holidays.
TDLR: whole cakes are less marketable in Japan

Dex-chan lover
The single portion probably has something to do with their local audience. I know I'd be delighted with more variety myself. And it's not a celebration. I've also seen in manga that they have people order roll-cakes in advance before the holidays.
We already saw the problem in this chapter: it places people in unequal positions when someone takes the most desirable variety and others, who also would have liked that the most, will then have to settle for something else. So, being delighted by more variety isn't really relevant when you will only have a single variety for yourself, and it might not even be what you wanted the most. If there's only one, rather neutral type available, then everyone will be equally happy.

But then again, Japan is a very hierarchical society, so maybe they feel it's right and proper that some cake eaters will be happier than others.

Users who are viewing this thread