Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made - Vol. 8 Ch. 41 - (Niku Ver) What only Niku can do

Group Leader
Wow its like the april fools was just a deep fry gif of the actual chapter

Should have stick to the name Meat than Niku.

eventually it will be changed into something later on after renaming Meat
Still not buying the name change.

Dex-chan lover
Finally, the name is not “Meat” anymore and has been called “Niku”.

It’s like if I’ve been named “Smith” and some obscure language I don’t even know about has the same meaning as “Shit” was then translated it to my current language and now I’m being called “Shit” for the rest of my life.

Real nice change. Hopefully more Japanese names kept being Japanese instead of turning into English equivalent.

Dex-chan lover
What was that "Let's jump into a magma pit and the monster will surely follow and jump in as well" strategy? Surely they didn't actually expect it to work?

Dex-chan lover
What was that "Let's jump into a magma pit and the monster will surely follow and jump in as well" strategy? Surely they didn't actually expect it to work?
The plan was to corner & push it into the Flame Cavern. But they can't do that so the alternative is to bait it into the Flame Cavern.
The Haniwa golem is already at its last leg so even if they don't try it, the golem will be destroyed anyway

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

The translation is a bit rough...
.>.<...

It's time for the revenge match...
@.@...

Dex-chan lover
Her name literally meaning "Meat" is an actual plot point though. An adventurer gets pissed at MC for naming her that.

That plot point makes less sense if she's called "Niku"

MC thought it was a name though, so changing it kinda breaks immersion since in MCs mind it was "Niku the name" not "Niku the meat"

Also why is the last name with a C? Kuroino is how everyone ever spells it, I guess if you listen to japanese people they do say K as C but that's just because they are bad at K sounds

Power Uploader
Finally, the name is not “Meat” anymore and has been called “Niku”.

It’s like if I’ve been named “Smith” and some obscure language I don’t even know about has the same meaning as “Shit” was then translated it to my current language and now I’m being called “Shit” for the rest of my life.

Real nice change. Hopefully more Japanese names kept being Japanese instead of turning into English equivalent.
That makes no sense. You can't compare Niku > Meat, which is a direct, literal translation, that means exactly what it says, and the meaning of the word is relevant to the plot, to Smith > Shit, which neither sounds the same nor have the same meaning.

Group Leader
Not really, it's more like if you were named "Dick" but out of malice, and are at the butt of tons of high IQ WEINER jokes, then the new guy comes along and thinks its just a normal name and you join his harem.

Personally I think "Meat" is fine because it sounds just as jarring as being called something absurd like "Niku" in Japanese.

Changing it to "Niku" in english would be like if we took poor Dick and renamed him Richard for a japanese audience w/o changing the plot around him, confusing readers and having to rely on round-about TL notes to do the same thing just sticking to Dick would accomplish.

Except ok not a good example cause "Niku" isn't even remotely an actual name unlike "Dick" actually is, might as well name your kid "fart" or "burp" to reach that level of unambiguously malicious naming.

Real reason we prefer it is cause Niku sounds like a cuter loli name, let's be real. And that's fine tbh? Since at least the context around it was preserved.

Power Uploader
MC thought it was a name though, so changing it kinda breaks immersion since in MCs mind it was "Niku the name" not "Niku the meat"

Also why is the last name with a C? Kuroino is how everyone ever spells it, I guess if you listen to japanese people they do say K as C but that's just because they are bad at K sounds
There's no difference between in pronunciation between a C that makes the K sound and just a K... C can make the S sound, the K sound, and (when paired with H) the Ch sound. Unless you're saying that Japanese can't say K and therefore use S, which they don't, then this makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
You know the gif idea is a good way to make zoomers read manga.

P.S. Man i want meat so bad, she's so cute, i wish that she was the main girl.

Dex-chan lover
There's no difference between in pronunciation between a C that makes the K sound and just a K... C can make the S sound, the K sound, and (when paired with H) the Ch sound. Unless you're saying that Japanese can't say K and therefore use S, which they don't, then this makes no sense.
C is usually a soft sound. Cee, not Kay. Just look at how many people mispronounce Caesar as "Cee-zar" instead of "Kai-zar", because of the misuse of C over K. There's also the fact that it's a "ku" [ク] and "ro" [ロ]. You don't write "ku" as "cu". Unless you're Irish, but Gaelic is its own bag of worms. ;P

Power Uploader
C is usually a soft sound. Cee, not Kay. Just look at how many people mispronounce Caesar as "Cee-zar" instead of "Kai-zar", because of the misuse of C over K. There's also the fact that it's a "ku" [ク] and "ro" [ロ]. You don't write "ku" as "cu". Unless you're Irish, but Gaelic is its own bag of worms. ;P
In that case, you're thinking of the S sound.

Seriously, tell me the difference between cat and kat, or see and cee.

Dex-chan lover
That makes no sense. You can't compare Niku > Meat, which is a direct, literal translation, that means exactly what it says, and the meaning of the word is relevant to the plot, to Smith > Shit, which neither sounds the same nor have the same meaning.
Of course smith > shit doesn’t sound the same. I said that if my name “Smith” somehow translates to “shit” on some obscure language I didn’t know about, then used that “Smith” as direct literal translation into calling me actual “shit” I wouldn’t like it for me, or for anyone, like just call me “Smith” man, no need to translate it into that language where I’m “Shit”.
Not really, it's more like if you were named "Dick" but out of malice, and are at the butt of tons of high IQ WEINER jokes, then the new guy comes along and thinks its just a normal name and you join his harem.
Yeah I’ll definitely join anyone’s harem that will not translate my name into something else entirely. (Even if it somehow means the same)
Her name literally meaning "Meat" is an actual plot point though. An adventurer gets pissed at MC for naming her that.

That plot point makes less sense if she's called "Niku"
That’s literally something a TL note could easily fix. Imagine if we had “Niku” as her original name. Then suddenly this dude is raging at MC for calling her “meat” and we’re gonna be on the same boat as MC thinking “Wtf is this dude on about? Her name is Niku without any malice” and the a TL note at a corner saying: “Niku = Meat in Japanese” and we’re gonna be like “Oooh, that’s why.” Like a fun little epiphany where we could also feign ignorance like the MC as in “Niku is Niku though?”

Users who are viewing this thread