Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made

Group Leader
If you read chapter 4 within 15 minutes of upload there was a mistake on the last page that has been fixed

Dex-chan lover
pretty sure anyone who gave this above a 5 is a Russian spy
how else can someone justify that this deserves any rating above (Average)

> but seeing as they're already trying to use him being too lazy to stop rape and murder in the first two chapters... feh. It seems it's following the wn this way, and the character is... well there's no reason to read a story when the mc is just plain unlikable.

What's hilarious is you hate the character for being you.

Except he'd have to face getting burned to death or chopped to pieces instead of the minor inconvenience and discomfort it'd cause you to reduce any state-enacted rape and murder.

Aggregator gang
So that's why i didn't recognize it even if it had a novel lol
my novelupdates filter blocked it
3/10 for the horrifyingly shit attitude

Double-page supporter
Was wondering if the MC watches the child get raped because he is too lazy like in the novel, also if her name is still "meat toilet"
Personally I think that's just as bad as calling the child a cum dump. I wonder if they gloss over the pedophilia, rape, and complete lack of morals scum bag protagonist in the manga.

Fed-Kun's army
@mojo her name in the novel wasnt "Meat toilet" it was just
"meat"
and he had zero clue what the meaning behind that name was, i mean, who would unless you knew beforehand right? it just sounds like food, and
she herself said she wanted to keep the name
, so really, its not his fault.

also, ive read the whole novel, and i dont know where pedophilia and rape came in, iirc he literally just hugs the child, he does literally nothing further, its no different from a parent hugging their child to sleep, and he has even
offered to release her from slavery, she refused
.... so not sure where pedo and rape comes in (from the protag) .... as for lack of morals.... thats 100% subjective lets be real here

its exactly as @IronDoge said "Except he'd have to face getting burned to death or chopped to pieces instead of the minor inconvenience and discomfort it'd cause you to reduce any state-enacted rape and murder."

he was new to the world and had no ability to fight, risking getting himself killed in order to stop something that was STATE SANCTIONED (yes the state
approves of slavery and the act of using your slave as a "meat toilet"
) .... its not like hes stopping any crimes, and getting himself killed over that is ridiculous, the better option is
live to save the girl from death at the end and then getting revenge for her later
, why get both killed when you can save them and be safe?

@scynix "him being too lazy to stop rape and murder in the first two chapters" ... hes not too lazy for that, he just couldnt do anything, remember, hes new to the world and has no power at the time. he himself admits hes really weak

Fed-Kun's army
My cynical Americanized summary:

Basically it's about a "Lazy" dude playing as a dungeon master but instead of it just being a tabletop thing with no real world consequences there is actually life threatening consequences. As far as the rape/child-rape, it doesn't appear to glorify it. It's more of a reminder that it exists in that world, and the inferred "graphicness" of it I believe is intended to build sympathy and disgust. Yet, many people will be too disgusted by it and "drop". I believe the author is trying to make a "happy ending" by saving the abused. Remember, there is no story if there is no conflict. The Japs in particular seem to be openly fond of these types of situations, where in their minds they are the hero of something "cute". I think we keep seeing this common trope come out of Japan, because of all the heinous things happening IRL. And many wish they can be heroes for the abused. Again, it does not seem the story is based around rape. It seems that the rape so early on was for the shock and awe effect while giving excuse to introduce a character.
It could also just be a grooming fantasy type thing, Japan's stereotypes exist for a reason.

On a side note, I think this whole "dungeon master" thing would be quite interesting in an actual video game. Like where your character's "base" is a dungeon. You build up your dungeon while trying to defeat other player's dungeons. If anyone know of any games already like this please tell me them! I know of some browser based games like this, but they feel lacking...but maybe they weren't done right!

Fed-Kun's army
Major Spoilers for those who value their time...

I can't speak for the LN, but the WN appears to drastically change course as it seems feminist feedback (or negative feedback from the first chapter) caused the author to turn it into a generic cutesy cringe story. There is no real conflict, the MC is too smart and OP and every potential enemy is either too dumb/naive/nice. Might be a source of some decent fanservice as there is a stated reason that prevents him from having male slaves/followers, while all the adult women are either lolicons or feminists.

I just expect every update on Mangadex till april 2-3rd to be attempts at jokes, only sad thing here is this one updates like every few weeks so was actually hoping it wasn't gonna be another joke lol

Double-page supporter
It wouldn't be so bad if the updates were real updates with something added — like a few fake pages at the beginning or something. You don't need 30 pages of garbage to make a joke, but that's all most of the groups are doing. (Kudos to the Gakuen Babysitters chapter for just having a subtle joke on the credits page/revelation on the end page.)

Damn that second page was a mouth full.
At one point I was expecting a full metal jacket reference like I will rip off your head and shit down your neck.

Users who are viewing this thread