Zom 100 ~100 Things I Want to do Before I Become a Zombie~

i actually enjoy this 3 chapters and i want more of this
i will suggest this manga to my friends and you that your reading this comment

the only thing that "scare" me is how the mangaka will continue the story and eventually he could "ruin" this story

Fed-Kun's army
actually pretty good. Life's a drag but rather than being a mindless zombie sometimes you gotta just hit that lane switch

I was sure the friend was going to die, but I guess that'll happen in a future chapter. If he's with that chick he's obviously not leaving the city to go on a roadtrip to a safehouse. Also I like how it's low-key implied his friend might have murdered a prostitute in a sex game gone wrong. Also that first page with the pimps and gigolos fighting the prostitutes and cabaret girls is pretty funny.

@Nanjiato I have never heard of a zombie story that didn't either disappoint or shit the bed in someway (unless you count Zombieland Saga, but that was more of an idol anime that happened to involve zombies). There's just not a lot of room you can go without killing off beloved characters in stupid ways or having illogical zombies that are somehow non-living but never ever rot away to enable the survivors to get back on track. I think 28 days later might have had living zombies though, just infected by a rage virus instead of a living-dead virus.

@Nanjiato I have never heard of a zombie story that didn't either disappoint or shit the bed in someway
World War Z (the book), the girl with all the gifts, I'm sure there are others.

Blindsight as well if you allow for philosophical zombies.

stories where theres zombies i read quite a bit of them, the thing that interested me the most was the mc, the world is ended but he "enjoy" the situation.
About Zombieland Saga, like you said is more like an idol anime just with zombie in it.
(btw his friend is a dongiovanni and the fact that he go with
promiscuous womans is hilarious)

This is actually really nice so far, it's refreshing to have a MC enjoy a zombie infested world in a way that isn't like a edgy "now i can finally release my true beast" or something
Just a dude making the most of his life as the world goes down hill, hope to see more.

Despite the scenario and the stakes sometimes, it almost feels like a Slice-of-Life.

this is so fucking good it had been awhile since i enjoyed a manga that much i hope you'll never drop it and is it biweekly ?

Group Leader
It's a monthly series, we're most likely going to be just scanlating volume by volume which is 3 chapters each. Currently there is 11 chapters.

i see, thanks for the info and thanks for translation it :)

the more I read it, the more I am sure that it is gonna be great manga that hits records. Keep up the good work, author-san.

Group Leader
@Rainbow_Prism I'd like the believe that too, but so far sales haven't been that impressive, with the first volume only selling about 6.7k copies total, and the second one 4.5k.

For a monthly magazine like Sunday GX (magazine where Black Lagoon and Kusuriya no Hitorigoto are published in) these numbers aren't the most atrocious thing ever, but it's definitely not a top seller by any means. I hope it starts gaining more steam because I love working on this series.

Dex-chan lover
Dude,I love this guy!
Not giving a shit and just going wild.
After 3 years of shit he finally gets to be free.
This one's gonna be a fun ride,i'm following this.

Dex-chan lover
Here's a fun hypothetical I thought of when thinking about this manga and listening to some music:
"Every dead body that is not exterminated gets up and kills. The people it kills get up and kill."

I realized that if this guy were to have a JoJo Stand, it would be "Clint Eastwood." Think about it:

-Clint Eastwood is a song about being useless in the short term, but in the long run becoming useful in the future and that causing happiness. These eye-opening experiences through music that revives you from the "death" of hollow existence and rejuvenates you into a livelier state.
-Gorillaz have used zombies as a motif to symbol people who mindlessly consume without thinking and go on living their lives without individuality, freedom or creativity. This parallels MC's struggle in the start because of the Black Company he works at and living a hollow existence without happiness or satisfaction.
-Finally, MC's interaction with people can be described as "The Good, (ie his friends and those around him who live for themselves) The Bad (those that work for corrupt businesses like the Black Company and lie/cheat people for their own gain) and the Ugly (Zombies)" which fits the riff of the strong and the strong horror inspiration

If I were to guess the stand's ability, it would probably be to prevent infection on himself and those within a short proximity to himself as a short-term preventative treatment to the virus, paralleling how the apocalypse caused him to become lively and break out of the "zombie-like status" the black company put him in. It also has a passive ability to regenerate people and to put them into a more relaxed state.

If we get more of the other main characters, I'll do stands for them, too. I'm thinking MC's best friend would have "The Joker" (Steve Miller Band reference) and the girl would have "Live and Let Die" or "Survivor" depending on how things develop with her and her backstory.

Those guys were about to get laid but salaryman just had to crash the party by being a zombie.

Users who are viewing this thread