Music Tournament 4: Submissions.

Group Leader
Hello!
100.gif

I will now begin accepting submissions for the 4th Music Tournament! As a reminder, we will have a maximum of 64 submissions. Each person is allowed to have no more than 4 for the time being. If we don't have enough submissions by next week (maybe Friday), and it doesn't seem like there will be any more participants, I will begin to allow those who submitted their songs to submit 1 or 2 more, depending on the number of songs we already have, until we hit 64.
Upanhso.tk-41.gif

You don't have to submit anything in order to vote. But if you wish to participate, please go over the rules here:
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/music-tournament-4-rules-format-and-discussion.1169121/

Everyone is welcome to join. You don't have to submit all 4 at the same time. Just post here and reserve 4 slots for yourself, and update later. Be sure to let me know when you have all of them, or if you have made any changes.
26.gif

My submissions:

1. Game of Death Intro:
2. Children of the City:
3. The Adventure of Sinbad Intro:
4. You Know My Name:
5. Wife's Temptation
6. Fearless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcFTm-qQhLw
7. Rogue Justice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugi8QDpkO6I
8. Drunken Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TNx7I-yow

Courtesy ping for those who signed up.
@EOTFOFYL
@pandascepter
@sterven
@Teddy
@MawMaw
@bigtiddyoneesan

And now, a few words from our sponsor:

Here's your dinner, contestants! =w=

foody-mobile-foody-chao-long-hai--594-636014051026334282.jpg

59732661_3429089697117207_9081072035102195712_n.jpg
Hope to see lots of excellent submissions! Give us your best shots!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's my time to shine,
Channeling my Asianness.
God, I feel old now....

(Don't know which one counts per ruling. Cantonese is preferred as it's written for it)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Theme: Any song or track from movies or drama. Not animated movies. Movies with real actors.
Since we have a new format for this tournament, I want to have a different theme as well. This time, we won’t do game or anime music. You can submit any song from any movie and drama from any language. Who knows? Maybe there’s a hidden gem of a song that can surpass language barrier that everyone will love. Live action adaptation of an anime or manga is fine, as long as the song in question has not been used in the anime. And of course, no unofficial covers or remixes by fans.

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan
I really hate it.
Rule bending might save my ears,
Crossing my fingers.

Edit: For what it's worth, the closest one used in the drama is sung in mandarin with original Canto lyrics.

Last edited:
Group Leader
i just woke up man. why did it have to be up in the middle of my nap

let me gather my soul first. maybe in 8 hours ill submit.

Dex-chan lover
Lets go!
Yeah I put two Star Wars songs bite me I'm a fan.
:salute:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
]
FIRST ENTRY:

明日晴れるかな - Proposal Daisakusen ED (The JP Drama that Brought us Chiisana Koi no Uta - Mongol 800)​

SECOND ENTRY:

ยินดีที่ไม่รู้จัก... - Hello Stranger (Never actually watched this Thai Drama, but first encountered its multilingual cover and loved it)​

THIRD ENTRY

年少無知 - Heaven Meets Earth (Cantonese Drama about learning to digest the insides of our friends)​

FOURTH ENTRY

有點甜 - Love O2O (Actually used in Dramas and Games, I was lacking a Mandarin Entry lol)​

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

年少無知 - Heaven Meets Earth (Cantonese Drama about learning to digest the insides of our friends)​

Oh shit, I've seen this,
and you spoiled the big surprise!
Unwatchable now.

Group Leader
OK. First of all, big thanks to those who have submitted so far. Second, can I ask you guys to put your submissions in spoiler? Just so it won't be difficult to load the page. I think it will be slower if we have too many youtube videos on the same page.
086.gif
And it's faster to scroll through the page, too.

@EOTFOFYL For your last submission, Broad Sky, looks like the second video is a cover. Per the rules, it can't be accepted. The first video is the original song? Do you want to go with that?

@pandascepter Why are you submitting 8 at the same time, lol? XD Your second song, the link doesn't work. It says the video is not available in my country. Please use another video.

@Greenfrost Hey, welcome! Glad to have more people joining!
057.gif

Now, I'm gonna need to ask for inputs from the other members on your submissions. They look more like... comedic musical scenes than songs or soundtracks. Except for maybe the first one. So I'm wondering if they can or should qualify by the rules.
Well, even if they do, remember that your submissions will be judged mainly by how entertaining they are to listen to.

@bigtiddyoneesan
Upanhso.tk-51.gif

Roasted-Nuts-2.jpg

Thai-Bubble-Tea-5-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
OK. First of all, big thanks to those who have submitted so far. Second, can I ask you guys to put your submissions in spoiler? Just so it won't be difficult to load the page. I think it will be slower if we have too many youtube videos on the same page.
086.gif
And it's faster to scroll through the page, too.

@EOTFOFYL For your last submission, Broad Sky, looks like the second video is a cover. Per the rules, it can't be accepted. The first video is the original song? Do you want to go with that?

@pandascepter Why are you submitting 8 at the same time, lol? XD Your second song, the link doesn't work. It says the video is not available in my country. Please use another video.

@Greenfrost Hey, welcome! Glad to have more people joining!
057.gif

Now, I'm gonna need to ask for inputs from the other members on your submissions. They look more like... comedic musical scenes than songs or soundtracks. Except for maybe the first one. So I'm wondering if they can or should qualify by the rules.
Well, even if they do, remember that your submissions will be judged mainly by how entertaining they are to listen to.

@bigtiddyoneesan
Upanhso.tk-51.gif

Roasted-Nuts-2.jpg

Thai-Bubble-Tea-5-scaled.jpg
nod-anime.gif

Dex-chan lover
USER=31353]@Greenfrost[/USER] Hey, welcome! Glad to have more people joining!
057.gif

Yeah, I honestly just picked songs from musicals (minus the first one) I found hilarious without thinking much. I switched the first and last 2 out since they fair the worst without the visuals taken into consideration.

Last edited:
Group Leader
@EOTFOFYL
@pandascepter
@Teddy
Hey, can I ask you guys to put your entries in spoiler, too?
015.gif
Since the other people already did that. お願いね!
@bigtiddyoneesan You guys have a hard time finding music for this theme?
Upanhso.tk-10.gif
I'm surprised. How about movies like Spider Man or martial arts movies? They ought to have good music. Even someone who doesn't watch movies or drama often like myself, can still submit a few songs from the ones I've watched.

Also, it might still be too early, but at this rate, I might allow everyone to submit 6 submissions. Better prepare them now.
005.gif

This also means setting up the brackets will be trickier...

Dex-chan lover
Not enough people,
Deploying the second batch.
4 more dropping in.
In order of highest priority to low

Users who are viewing this thread