Berserk - Vol. 42 Ch. 373 - Rusted Iron Bands Unable To Push On

Dex-chan lover
After it turned into a DnD 2.0 campaign with a parallel story that makes The god Hand into morally grey to some degree and ludicrously OP (boring) and both stories go bernanas I lost almost all interest.
I’m just watching the trainwreck.

bugldybugldybugldybuggle turninabob schnobberobber.

edit

Wow! This is doing numbers!
I sincerely feel and stand by my opinions here, but y’all makin me laugh at how sensitive you are to someone not liking your fav comic book.
”Someone doesn’t like something as much as me! WEEEEEEH!”
…Aight

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Place your bets on how many “Im dropping berserk” announcements we’ll get this chapter!

But on topic Guts really needs a few more good moments to rise back up, it’s a shame this arc happened right in the middle of Miura’s passing, because it makes it feel more depressing.

Dex-chan lover
Some more Berk, 'zat so...?
I kinda liked how he stepped on Guts' sword Golden Age style. Not much happening aside from that. Oh yeah, the Kushan bandit looking guys are here now too..
I also like the doggie, I guess. Oh and Fernese is looking very cute in this chapter, that's her between big titty witch and curly haired dude right
Oh but I don't like seeing Guts being this pathetic.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Great chapter. Friendly reminder that time does not flow the same on Elf Island as it does for the rest of the World.

Rickert had left Falconia with Daiba and the other Kushan so I'm assuming that this is Rickert making an attempt to try and bring Guts to a safe location to plan their next moves.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, they can't catch a break can they? These pirates could be slave traders, so they aren't killing them yet, they have to evaluate if they have value before selling/ridding them.

Dex-chan lover
t7o8wy.png
My theory is that Guts isn't unconscious at all and he's just laying down like that because sitting upright is really uncomfortable with those pointy cheeks of his.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, I'm excited to see how Guts will go on. The sword was a projection of himself, he trusted that his sword will never betray him, and the hesitation to slash Griffith meant that he lost not only Casca but also the one thing genuinely trusted all his life, himself. And now the Berserker armor is offering to take its place for the price of his body, mind, life and possibly everything else precious to him.

I pray I live long enough to see the end of this series.

Dex-chan lover
Place your bets on how many “Im dropping berserk” announcements we’ll get this chapter!

But on topic Guts really needs a few more good moments to rise back up, it’s a shame this arc happened right in the middle of Miura’s passing, because it makes it feel more depressing.
I'm betting 50! Next chapter if nothing happens.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, I'm excited to see how Guts will go on. The sword was a projection of himself, he trusted that his sword will never betray him, and the hesitation to slash Griffith meant that he lost not only Casca but also the one thing genuinely trusted all his life, himself. And now the Berserker armor is offering to take its place for the price of his body, mind, life and possibly everything else precious to him.

I pray I live long enough to see the end of this series.
Casca part I get, but it's not like this is the first time he couldn't slash Griffith. Back when he fought the slug count guy he still had the same Dragonslayer sword didn't he, and back then he also couldn't hit Femto in the God Hand dimension.
Maybe he should have taken that Axe the witch offered him..

Fed-Kun's army
I'm assuming if the pirates are hostile, they'll attack one of the party members as Guts watches, or Guts himself is attacked, leading to him letting his guard down and the Beast of Darkness can assume control.
Bad times are coming.

Dex-chan lover
Casca part I get, but it's not like this is the first time he couldn't slash Griffith. Back when he fought the slug count guy he still had the same Dragonslayer sword didn't he, and back then he also couldn't hit Femto in the God Hand dimension.
Maybe he should have taken that Axe the witch offered him..
There's a bit of difference between the 2. In Guardians of Desire Guts couldn't hit Femto simply because of sheer difference of power. Guts was fully intending to kill Griffith with every move and Griffith was basically throwing him around with godhand powers.

In this arc, however, Guts stopped his own hand. You can argue that he stopped to prevent hurting Casca but from how I see it it seems that Guts only noticed Casca after the fact. That 1 wavering moment alone is the thing that damages his psyche the most. At least that's my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread