Hoist The Colors: Forum Theme Contest [Dark]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Make sure you read the contest thread carefully before submitting your entry in this thread. Please do not post anything except submissions to the contest in this thread.

Submission Format:
At least 1 screenshot, but no more than 3, of various pages on MangaDex showing off your theme!

Give a short blurb describing your inspiration for the theme and feel free to say something like what your favorite anime/manga/manhua/manwha is. We always like to read about our fellow weebs and get to know them!

Power Uploader
I'll miku-miku you!
Hatsune Miku themed... theme. Lots of teal, a little bit of turquoise and cyan, and a little bit of grey. Teal's just easier on the eyes. Blacked out the background for my AMOLED enjoyers.

qegVxmg.png
JHFsPm6.png
zd394ur.png

Dex-chan lover
Let me introduce my purple-ish dark theme (yes the background colour is slightly transparent, as seen in 2nd screenshot).
Now to the inspiration part:
Basically, I was testing the theme maker when it was still on canary. Bugs were found and squashed, new needs came up and so did the bugs (RIP Alex)... Hence, this theme is mainly a side product of bugfinding and me spending time trying to figure out each color picker's use... (yes that means are colors are customized :haa:)

9hznfTy.png
HCUR7Hi.png
brnznYI.png

Last edited:
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Midnight Purple.

1HnORSM.png

Leh5B8s.png

Purple is nice, and the Dracula theme we have built in doesn't quite do it for me. Core design theme is "less is more" - light accents of colour massively change how a theme is perceived even when 95% of it remains black and white, and keeps it nice and readable. I picked the colour because I'm an absolute sucker for Nissan's Deep Metallic Purple OEM paint that they used in the 90s, and a mix of black and purple is as close as I can get to a pearlescent finish.

en-r34-gtr-midnight-purple-2.jpg

And before anyone asks, no, staff don't get prizes.

EDIT: Minor edits made to fix reader progress bar and volume dividers being unreadable.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Here is my Dark Theme.

For me, simple is best.

I thought just modifying the dark to be blacker of a background and making the scroll bar whiter for a better contrast worked well.

hTcXZ3x.png

6g5VhDq.png

YJzO9rk.png

AMOLED Dark
A true dark (#000000) mode for AMOLED screen user, maximum battery saving, easy on the eyes (especially at night) and should have been the default dark mode on MangaDex.
Some colors are sampled from iOS (yes the iPhone operating system) while maintaining others to stay true to the MangaDex theme. I've decided to keep the MangaDex Orange to remove any unfamiliarity while using the theme (mainly bc I like the orange).
Screenshot_2023-08-15_001116.png
Screenshot_2023-08-15_001240.png
Screenshot_2023-08-15_001333.png

Last edited:
Hoi hoi , I present my Purple Theme mixed with a turquoise Primary Color.

For the background I used shades of purple which are easy on the eyes and don't tire them out for long time PC use. The Primary color is inspired by one of my favorite manga "the Gender of Mona Lisa" (the color is leaned on the print version I own).

Try it out
6dGvAyQ.png
G1EaCCQ.png
N7zAyB6.png

Dex-chan lover
Red ember, i created this one because i just like the Red and black colors.
The slate theme inspired me, i like the pitch black background, because that color contrast help me focus on the screen.
Click
|Here| if you want to try it.

(If I wrote something wrong, sorry english is not my main language.)

40y27q.png

qmf37x.png

5y08fy.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread