My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Destruction Embraced

Dex-chan lover
I’m genuinely curious where we go from here, I assumed the creator liked Fuuko way more than nanase, so her not getting her way is a bit unexpected. I also feel like we’re meant to feel bad for her here, so the idea that she might do something awful to get back at them seems like the final straw to make sure nobody likes her.

But at the same time now it feels super out of character if nanase falls back into her old neglectful habits, or if yuno actually cheats on her again after recommitting to each other like the

So yeah I’m not sure what we could build up to here, who knows how many chapters are left, maybe one volumes worth is enough time to let Fuuko try to take everyone down with her, but it just seemed unlikely to me that the series would end with nanase getting what she wants.

I guess we’ll see lol

Dex-chan lover
Yuni will definitively cheat again but probably not because Nanase go back to neglect her. My guess would be Nanase being intimate with her friend and Fuuko somehow caught it then show to Yuni and repeat chapter 10 again.

Dex-chan lover
You are right about this series living off of making the reader feel strong emotions (or trying to and failing) but this has to be the worst characterization possible, lol.

They ain't all "really shitty unlikeable people" at all. Nanase, her friends and all other side characters are proper, normal human high schoolers. Nanase is a bad girlfriend and selfish BUT Yuni is also to blame, not talking to her EVER. Fuuko isn't a "nuts or stalky" person but an overly dramatic teenager (e.g. making Nanase into a supervillain for small stuff) that wants what isn't hers. Yuni also is a weak, self conscious girl without a spine that can't get over how her girlfriend is incredibly successful and feels left behind/wants more love and attention. The overly exaggerated scenes aren't even that insane if you think about them rationally.

Also, Fuuko feels (in tandem with Yuni) like a self-insert with full on saviour complex (the damsel in distress won't let me save her from the loser, grr) so this whole scene, for the Xth time this manga, lost most of its impact for me personally. Pair that with Yuni being mindbroken NTRd in 1 chapter and now going back to Nanase in half a chapter makes the angst pretty much non-existent anymore, sadly.

You liking this manga (hell, I still enjoy it myself even if it is kinda bad) and finding the comment section delicious are all valid but there just is a bit more to the characters/this manga than you might think.
Hench the remark: To put it extremly over simplified. :) Ah yes teenagers...man that time of my life was freaking HELL. Also I don't like the friend of Nanase, I find her a busybody. And Nanase maybe she is finally noticing that she needs to atleast pay a little bit more attension to Yuni, still I just don't like the vibe I get from her from this manga. ALso isn't it great that we are discussing fiction characters? I really love this stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Why does this not have an NTR tag at this point? It has the biggest cuck (a willing one at that) on this side of the mangaverse. Is Yuni actaully the author's self insert or something? She faced absolutely no consequences and went out scot-free from this whole ordeal lol.

Dex-chan lover
This is the best ongoing yuri series
I want Nanase to cheat on Yuni now
The clusterfuck cannot end now

Dex-chan lover
WHAT THE FUCK

it's been a while since i went from liking a manga to hating it in a single chaper, why did the author decide to make nanase a spineless coward? like girl yuni CHEATED on you for months and you still think she loves you? get a fucking grip

after some consideration, i guess it is possible that nanase has some sort of plan for getting back at both of them, but idk i just can't get myself to be hopeful enough to fully believe that as of now
psst

its possible to love more than 1 person. yuni is poly. unfortunately shes also massive baka

Dex-chan lover
Finally, a chapter with and ending that I like
Nanase finally acting like a chad and defending her girl
I can understand Yuni's and Nanase's actions, but Fuuko's just NTRing, and even if she loves her, trying to ruin a relationship because of this is such a bitch move
So yeah, fuck Fuuko, all my homies hate Fuuko
soooooo trying to destroy abusive/toxic relationship is bad, cuz its ntr?

This manga really lives rent free in my head but goddamn isnt this the worst chapter of the series so far

Group Leader
Ouch maybe she did not choose you because you push this relationship to be when the other person was hurting? :nyoron:
But who knows maybe Yuni-chan will take the liking the two things at the same time :smug: like her GF did with her and her club.

Double-page supporter
I thoughts she’d choose fuuko but she did not AHHHHH FKING STUPID YUNI CMON, ITS OKAY FUUKO I’LL BE WITH YOU INSTEAD (IN MY DREAMS). At this point I couldn't careless what happens to yuni n nanase, why’d u broke my fuuko’s heart mf couple shit.

Nanase again created a terrible disbalance between characters.
She challenged Karma (laws of actions-reactions) again initiating everything, taking actions based on her narcistic selfishness. Again, she takes everything without giving a chance to other characters to express their needs and make choices good for them.
We saw how taking all without giving ended previously -with cheating and lots of following disasters which Nanase caused to happen by her selfish greed and negligence .

In my previous comment (chapter 18) I explained how those 3 characters are balancing themselves (some unconsciously and in darkness, some not). But now, when everything is in the open to all of them, Nanase makes a wrong move.
And it's not wanting to take back treacherous GF, it's wanting to keep the club and have the GF but asking from Yuni and Fuuko to cut it all between them.
She is basically forcing them to accept her conditions, giving Yuni illusion of choice and only promises that she will be good GF from now on. And she is leaving Fuuko in terrible emotional distress, and after all, she is calling her crazy?????? To act like she does and call the "defeated" character crazy? And if Fuuko is "crazy" is it ethical of Nanase to call her on it the way she does? Wouldn't it be dangerous? Hm...

And, what Nanase sacrificed? NOTHING!
She did not grow as the character, she did not change, she is still same selfish spoiled brat, just giving promises that she changed herself, but by her actions I don't see any change in her.
Even Fuuko's offer to be "a side chick to Yuni" was better balanced and more healthier situation than this one.
Outcome will not be good FOR NANASE again.

I must admit, I expected after reading 19th chapter, that Nanase will say that she will stop with club activities and ask from Yuni to leave Fuuko and be with her. That offer would be fair and it excludes Fuuko from the "game".
I expected that Nanase at least will sacrifice something for the GF she loves, even if Fuuko was left with nothing. But this level of selfishness and greed I did not expect, and such a violent action (emotionally violent).

And, finally, about Yuni's "choice". I think Yuni is clearly showing here her submissive side. That she just chose what turned her on in this situation. But I'm not sure for how long until returning back to Fuuko?

And about Fuuko, she must take her "punishment" for interfering between two girlfriends.
But she did not want to ruin them, just to balance them, so I expect she will come back with Yuni again.
Yuni still does not know clearly what she feels about Fuuko. But they are better match than Yuni-Nanase. Yuni-Nanase is already confirmed disaster of relationship. Can it change without Fuuko in equation?

edit: changed choose into chose (I did not know edit will return post into pending approval, sorry)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
soooooo trying to destroy abusive/toxic relationship is bad, cuz its ntr?
Are we reading the same manga? How is it abusive/toxic?
Nanase doesn't get much about relationships, and loves what she does, but she also loves Yuni
And Yuni didnt even try to actually get it through to her, that she wants attention, just giving Nanase some hints, which she didn't get
They both are just awkward as fuck, and Fuuko took advantage of that

Dex-chan lover
psst

its possible to love more than 1 person. yuni is poly. unfortunately shes also massive baka
bitch if you're poly you should discuss that with your partner who is monogamous BEFORE you have sex with another person (not that yuni even is poly there isn't any evidence towards that)

I also think Yuni is poly. Probably still doesn't know she is poly, and how can she know and discuss about it yet unaware of it? She clearly said she wants Nanase AND Fuuko when Fuuko asked her for the first time to decide and dump her if she wants Nanase. She didn't, but now she was compelled by Nanase to choose.

Behaving like a poly is in her nature.
From that poly perspective she isn't cheating so there are no serious consequences for her actions. And that's why she is "passing" through manga practically unharmed.

There's a "hierarchy" in faithfulness, primary is being true to yourself, secondary to be true to other close to you.
Even if Nanase did not know from the beginning for Yuni and Fuuko, Yuni was true (true poly) however you turn the situation. It's only a question about compatibility.
As poly, "her" choice to get back to Nanase and be only with her is ridiculous.
She won't forget Fuuko even if she tries.

This is my objective opinion about poly and monogamy. I'm accepting all people as they are, and they are not wrong to be as they are.

Users who are viewing this thread