My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Destruction Embraced

Dex-chan lover
Ah yesss all these delicious reactions to this manga, nom nom nom. 🤣

Plus well this manga is about shitty unbalanced people being, well shitty and unbalanced people.

I don't think much is going to change, that's what this manga is about. To rile people up, so you end up cursing and shaking your head at the characters in this story. Which, come on shouldn't really surprise you after all the chapters. It's a weird genre, still people come back to read it and give their thoughts and spout their feelings? and thoughts that are kinda reality based. This manga sure isn't and that's the whole point. Atleast that's how I feel about it.

Though...yeah everytime I read it, all these characters in this manga are really shitty unlikeable people. To put it extremly over simplified: Fuuko is nuts/stalky person, yuni is an over needy/glingy egocentric person, and Nanase is a neglective inattentive person obsessed with her club. Or something like that.

This manga wouldn't be there if the characters would use the OP power of communication and really talk things out. But this is a japanese manga so yeah no not happening. Gheh heh 🤭 Still....it's weirdly entertaining for some reason. I can never really say WHY I kinda like reading it. (Small edit, I just realised why, because I like disasters..right)

Dex-chan lover
This is absolutely hilarious. I'm willing to give them one last chance and hopefully they do it right.
Let's not forget that now we will have not only fuuko but also nanase's friend heartbroken (with their "secret"), there's no way they will do it right

Dex-chan lover
yuni didnt pick you for two reasons:
1) nanase promised very strongly to give her what she wanted the whole time
2) youre a fucking psycho lol

Dex-chan lover
Finally, a chapter with and ending that I like
Nanase finally acting like a chad and defending her girl
I can understand Yuni's and Nanase's actions, but Fuuko's just NTRing, and even if she loves her, trying to ruin a relationship because of this is such a bitch move
So yeah, fuck Fuuko, all my homies hate Fuuko

Group Leader
That was unexpected, will need more chapters to know if it was a good or a bad thing I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I am sort of happy to see Fuuko cry and be called mentally ill. She is obviously mentally sick.

But Yuni is trash and will cheat again. So to see her back with Nanase is disappointing. Nanase deserves better. She is too kind to be plotting some sort of revenge.

I guess we will now wait for the second round of cheating. Frustrating.

Dex-chan lover
This was.... A chapter of all time.
This manga would stay rent free in my mind usually but because of this chapter, it became kinda....just boring.
(Watch the next chapter be a Fuuko POV nothing burger then the next next chapter be another trainwreck with other fucked up shit happening)

But holy fuck, imagine if they had just talked in the beginning tho lmfao

Dex-chan lover
No fucking way did this chapter happen. Nanase is full on going Stockholm on us now.

NAAAH FAM, THEY ARE BOTH SUFFERING FROM STOCKHOLM THE FUCK

Double-page supporter
"lol my girlfriend cheated on me and fucked another girl, but it's all good because we r in luv <3" is not really a reasonable reaction, but I like seeing Nanase be assertive for once.

That said, I don't really think that Yuni deserves the love she is getting from either Fuuko or Nanase. She'll probably go crawling back to Fuuko at some point because she doesn't have the spine to speak up when something is bothering her 🙄

Dex-chan lover
Though...yeah everytime I read it, all these characters in this manga are really shitty unlikeable people. To put it extremly over simplified: Fuuko is nuts/stalky person, yuni is an over needy/glingy egocentric person, and Nanase is a neglective inattentive person obsessed with her club. Or something like that.
You are right about this series living off of making the reader feel strong emotions (or trying to and failing) but this has to be the worst characterization possible, lol.

They ain't all "really shitty unlikeable people" at all. Nanase, her friends and all other side characters are proper, normal human high schoolers. Nanase is a bad girlfriend and selfish BUT Yuni is also to blame, not talking to her EVER. Fuuko isn't a "nuts or stalky" person but an overly dramatic teenager (e.g. making Nanase into a supervillain for small stuff) that wants what isn't hers. Yuni also is a weak, self conscious girl without a spine that can't get over how her girlfriend is incredibly successful and feels left behind/wants more love and attention. The overly exaggerated scenes aren't even that insane if you think about them rationally.

Also, Fuuko feels (in tandem with Yuni) like a self-insert with full on saviour complex (the damsel in distress won't let me save her from the loser, grr) so this whole scene, for the Xth time this manga, lost most of its impact for me personally. Pair that with Yuni being mindbroken NTRd in 1 chapter and now going back to Nanase in half a chapter makes the angst pretty much non-existent anymore, sadly.

You liking this manga (hell, I still enjoy it myself even if it is kinda bad) and finding the comment section delicious are all valid but there just is a bit more to the characters/this manga than you might think.

Yuni will pobably cheat again:
Nanase fails to satisfy Yuni -> Yuni misses Fuuko -> Yuni finds Fuuko
At least Nanase acts strong unlike typical NTR victim boy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread