I Became an Evolving Space Monster - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
not 0, he got shot several times. Though most of the time he could dodge, and that's emphasized how fast he is.
And he should have holes at this point

We know those weapon they have can pierce through the armor those dudes are wearing.

Unless there is a lore(plot armor) reason why insect skin is stronger than high tech armor it wouldn't make sense that he doesn't have several holes on his body.

And this guys are trained soldiers you'd expect them to aim better and if they are good at aiming then MC must be light speed if he can dodge lazers.

Yeah I guess you'd need some suspension of disbelief in this series I just wish he earned and not just another power fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
And he should have holes at this point

We know those weapon they have can pierce through the armor those dudes are wearing.

Unless there is a lore(plot armor) reason why insect skin is stronger than high tech armor it wouldn't make sense that he doesn't have several holes on his body.

And this guys are trained soldiers you'd expect them to aim better and if they are good at aiming then MC must be light speed if he can dodge lazers.

Yeah I guess you'd need some suspension of disbelief in this series I just wish he earned and not just another power fantasy.
The whole thing is power fantasy already, but let me convince you on one thing here. A hole is only appear when something got penetrated. So why would the MC got a bunch of holes? We're talking about super tough outer shells right here. Surely the MC won't just goes unharmed, but there is no need to be penetrated. The soldiers got penetrated right? It's mean this is also a demonstration on the difference between armor and shells. IIRC the earlier chapters already talked about something like super tough exoskelleton, so that's your explanation right there.

Dex-chan lover
The introduction set the rule that this species can't cooperate with any races, which includes the other antagonist races.
Actually, the rule was that he couldn't communicate, and that's the supposed reason for his lack of alliances - but we now can see him communicating with his mimicry skill.
Granted, who'd make an alliance with a single murderous monster?

an orphan child
Depending on how that situation is handled, yeah, that could be a kick the dog moment and make the MC unlikable. Don't forget he has a human thought process and isn't just running on instinct.

I think the "kick the dog moment" was him eating the asshole cat, which was just a cat really
Eh, I just saw that as him hunting and eating an animal. I suppose I'm worried about wanton cruelty, rather than just killing, like with what the guy up above was so giddy about.
You are right that it helps that this batch of humans have been shown to be rather unsympathetic for the most part.

Dex-chan lover
The whole thing is power fantasy already, but let me convince you on one thing here. A hole is only appear when something got penetrated. So why would the MC got a bunch of holes? We're talking about super tough outer shells right here. Surely the MC won't just goes unharmed, but there is no need to be penetrated. The soldiers got penetrated right? It's mean this is also a demonstration on the difference between armor and shells. IIRC the earlier chapters already talked about something like super tough exoskelleton, so that's your explanation right there.

Again its just plot armor

His initial encounter was actually good nobody actually had the chance to shoot at him. So it make sense he could beat them. When he started fighting them head on it kinda no longer make sense.

Heck for some reason his more conserned of getting hit by the fist vs the lazers. If lazers cant hurt him why would he be scared of getting punched just kill the dude already.

There are power fantasies where the MC actually work hard for all those upgrades unlike stuff like this where you really don't have to be scared of anything the MC does.

I guess a good example is that spider isekai until she actually reached her peak she really had trouble surviving and worked hard in getting all of her power.

Dex-chan lover
Again its just plot armor

His initial encounter was actually good nobody actually had the chance to shoot at him. So it make sense he could beat them. When he started fighting them head on it kinda no longer make sense.

Heck for some reason his more conserned of getting hit by the fist vs the lazers. If lazers cant hurt him why would he be scared of getting punched just kill the dude already.

There are power fantasies where the MC actually work hard for all those upgrades unlike stuff like this where you really don't have to be scared of anything the MC does.

I guess a good example is that spider isekai until she actually reached her peak she really had trouble surviving and worked hard in getting all of her power.
You must confused real armor with plot armor. You could find good explanation for why laser guns are not as strong as fists on something. Kumoko is super bad example because the vibe is far different. This one is supposedly the ultimate predator which even killed his own kins while Kumoko is more of trying to survive and the leveling process is just the mean to survive. Surely there are MC from other stories which working hard for the OP stuffs, but that's entirely different genre than this one right? Ever read Bleach? Do you want the reverse horror story to become shounen? With the setting, the powers could attain easily but the interesting point is how would the MC utilize the powers and force his ways to become the apex predator. It'd be so cringe if I have to see this alien guy do push ups just to gain more muscles.

Depending on how that situation is handled, yeah, that could be a kick the dog moment and make the MC unlikable. Don't forget he has a human thought process and isn't just running on instinct.
While he has human memories and thoughts the drive and instinct to hunt/grow are already stronger as he mentions himself he feels nothing to the cruel acts he's done nor any aversion to the violence he's dealt. He does have these rare human moments like when he watched the slime get tortured he got mad but it's becoming a back burn to his current goal of evolution and survival which is nice since he should be unabashedly natures predator. He's like a more brutal Ainz who has no system to force correct his emotions they just are and he can only rationalize it when he's got downtime.

Dex-chan lover
While he has human memories and thoughts...
Sure, but at the end of the day, it's about how the audience reacts to his actions. If they go to far with his callous alien nature, he'll become unlikable. So like I said, it's a balancing act.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda stupid that they somehow miss all those shots.

I guess everyone has 0 accuracy in this world just to make the MC survive.
He actually got shot in the novel, and it actually hurt him. He got exoskeleton though, so him getting shot just resulted in him retreating and waiting for wounds to heal. Which what happen in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, but at the end of the day, it's about how the audience reacts to his actions. If they go to far with his callous alien nature, he'll become unlikable. So like I said, it's a balancing act.
So you're saying that some of us will get mad at a callous creature acting callously?

Like, don't get me wrong here, I'm not disagreeing with your opinion of people getting mad at MC for commiting a horrible action, in fact, I agree with you that it probably has a high as fuck chance of that happening, I just don't want to believe that will actually happen, I don't want to admit that eventually there will come a chapter where MC commits a really horrible act and while I'm cheering in delight for that act, the forum will be full of a bunch of retards getting mad over what is essentially the equivalent of them seeing a piece of shit and after observing it for while, they come to the conclusion that yes, it's a piece of shit, and for some reason they decided to taste it and then getting mad, not at themselves but at the piece of shit for tasting like shit.

I just don't want to admit that humanity have fallen so low, you know?

Dex-chan lover
it's a piece of shit
Following your analogy, I'd actually say it's more like... a man being offered some chocolates, but they're shaped like shit, but he finds the novelty amusing and tries one... but they're also shit flavoured and he spits it out. Is the man in the wrong for not expecting the novelty to go so far? Or is the chocolatier wrong for going too far?
I think it's the same here; people are drawn into the Evil Alien isekai scenario, that's the novelty, but where is the line when it starts to taste like shit? Ya feel me?

I just don't want to admit that humanity have fallen so low, you know?
C'mon buddy, don't be so bleak. It's a fucking isekai webtoon comic!

Dex-chan lover
A2:
Crazy... Even acidic blood... No clues at to what kind of monster this is.
That's because you're dumb. Acidic blood is a clue. The fact is that you don't know enough about alien species, not that you don't have clues.

This guy would be the "stupid cop" character in a detective manga.

Double-page supporter
I'm loving this but it's really weird those vents are like 3x3m sometimes then it's back to around 2m for some scenes when they said it's only 1m wide before. The perspective is all over the place. Either way this series is great, I love reading this kind of story

Dex-chan lover
I'm loving this but it's really weird those vents are like 3x3m sometimes then it's back to around 2m for some scenes when they said it's only 1m wide before. The perspective is all over the place. Either way this series is great, I love reading this kind of story
I mean, going into the local large complex, it's really weird those hallways are like 5x3m sometimes then it's back to around 1m for some areas and then their was this other location where its like a whopping 5x5m. The perspective is all over the place...

Dex-chan lover
My god, A3 death is fucked up, imagine sitting there paralyzed and just seeing your death run in closer and closer
Should've used a grenade and self-destructed. Tsk tsk tsk. This is why they suck. To get rid of an opportunistic scavenger/hunter like alien, you can't take half-measures. Especially if it can lay eggs!

Double-page supporter
Should've used a grenade and self-destructed. Tsk tsk tsk. This is why they suck. To get rid of an opportunistic scavenger/hunter like alien, you can't take half-measures. Especially if it can lay eggs!
The guy was only able to sit their huffing air because of MC's poison, moving an arm for self destruct isnt an option

Dex-chan lover
Following your analogy, I'd actually say it's more like... a man being offered some chocolates, but they're shaped like shit, but he finds the novelty amusing and tries one... but they're also shit flavoured and he spits it out. Is the man in the wrong for not expecting the novelty to go so far? Or is the chocolatier wrong for going too far?
I think it's the same here; people are drawn into the Evil Alien isekai scenario, that's the novelty, but where is the line when it starts to taste like shit? Ya feel me?

C'mon buddy, don't be so bleak. It's a fucking isekai webtoon comic!
My initial idea was: the person saw something that they know they won't like but decided to try it anyway and then getting mad at the thing for being not to their liking. But yeah, your idea works too.

It mostly depend on the person in the first moment where they see the thing, if it's similar to your idea then I would not be mad, if it's similar to me then I will, but we both know that both scenarios are going to happen.

Dex-chan lover
The guy was only able to sit their huffing air because of MC's poison, moving an arm for self destruct isnt an option
I dunno. If he was gonna die, maybe his comrade should've left him with something. They should know by now he's eating them. =/

Dex-chan lover
Not going to cherry pick a quote but didnt the prologue have him cut his own skin to throw his blood as a weapon and the wound healed pretty quickly? Probably the main reason why he looks unscathed, that and the fact he has future sight a la predator instincts

Fed-Kun's army
And well it was established that humanity is a bunch of greedy self exploitative opportunistic scumbags ruled under the logic of big corporations trying to cannibalize each other, with the only resistance being space pirates which are an amalgam of different alien species, but are also as scummy as the human organizations that they oppose
As far as I remember it was stated earlier that the majority of human factions are neutral and the corpos are explicitly one of the few that lean evil.

Users who are viewing this thread