I Became an Evolving Space Monster - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
I feel like those officers vastly overestimate the capability of the ship systems and AI. They have probably read brochures praising the ship to high heavens, but in reality the megacorp was only interested in saving money, and thus the ship has only 33% of the capability they think it has.

Dex-chan lover
They never thought that it has such intelligent to hide from their eyes.. even evade a security camera like how the fck could a random wild creature without intelligent could totally escape from the security?
MC already ate so many of them and they don't even know how it looks like, they just speculate that it's a metal grimlin?

Dex-chan lover
Can I just say that this Amorph is very expressive, like goddamn the saying "you are what you eat" is very true here cause of how it'll laugh and... that first image.... yeah no the evil alien that looks like it's eye's are rolled back potentially ahegao-ing as it's licking it's finger after a meal will haunt my dreams

Dex-chan lover
It's fun seeing how he behaves since it seems he's come to terms with being an inhuman monster.
Though i do wonder if he's gonna be hostile to all sentient races (other than the slime), or just megacorp-affiliated humans

Dex-chan lover
It's fun seeing how he behaves since it seems he's come to terms with being an inhuman monster.
Though i do wonder if he's gonna be hostile to all sentient races (other than the slime), or just megacorp-affiliated humans
He has to eat other races to evolve further so he's gonna be hostile to every other race ig. I think only his own race might be somewhat friendly to him but even that is kinda unlikely considering how they treat their own siblings who haven't hatched.

Dex-chan lover
...even that is kinda unlikely considering how they treat their own siblings who haven't hatched.
Aren't there a lot of animals where the newborns eat their unborn siblings in order to increase the odds of their survival? Doubt any other members of his species hold it against each other if it's a biological instinct

Dex-chan lover
Aren't there a lot of animals where the newborns eat their unborn siblings in order to increase the odds of their survival? Doubt any other members of his species hold it against each other if it's a biological instinct
True. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how the author chooses to handle it

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Also, sharks are an example of that and they continue to cannibalize on their own species even after birth. The mc's species might also be like that where the weak will get eaten by stronger ones and since they do get genes from eating, it would incentivize that behavior even more (unless they have ways to transfer genes between themselves without having to kill).

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Wait if he can only mimic the last thing he's eaten, then how did he mimic Cameron before eating Cameron?
I think someone got a name wrong. Scott thought it was Cameron calling when he was actually using someone else's similar voice. Calling from another room could make it hard to distinguish who’s it is and since Cameron was just there, Scott thought it was Cameron. MC used unknown‘s voice to kill Scott, then used Scott‘s voice to kill Cameron. Or Cameron is someone else entirely, and MC got blond guy’s name wrong, last chapter they called blond guy Fincher. He could be Cameron Fincher or Cameron and Fincher are 2 different people.

Dex-chan lover
In space, no one can hear you scream
In the depths either. Which is why those two places are ideal for meeting eldritch horrors.

And I dunno, this reminds me of that mission in Starcraft 2 where you start out as a larva, and accumulate biomass until you become a Zerg Broodmother. Sooooo~ Excuse me if I'm not that excited.

Dex-chan lover
Holy fuck this is so good, can’t wait until he goes crazy on those poor guards

Double-page supporter
Wait if he can only mimic the last thing he's eaten, then how did he mimic Cameron before eating Cameron?
I interpreted it to mean that right now he can only imitate human voices, not the voices of other creatures, but if he is limited to specific human voices then yea that is strange.

He has to eat other races to evolve further so he's gonna be hostile to every other race ig. I think only his own race might be somewhat friendly to him but even that is kinda unlikely considering how they treat their own siblings who haven't hatched.
If it follows the game settings then I don't think his race is common enough for the issue to really come up given that they don't have a proper name and they have a 'mysterious origin' start. Though it's also strange that the one that hatched died of hunger before MC assumed control since it should have eaten the other eggs according to MC.

Users who are viewing this thread