The Dreaming Boy Is a Realist - Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
Why do I feel like something really bad is about to happen to him? And it will all be Natsukawa’s fault! She’s just not doing anything and just waiting hoping things go back! I hate her so much

Dex-chan lover
At least Natsukawa is aware that she's the one responsible for the current situation. I can also concede that after rejecting Wataru it would be awkward for her to suddenly tell him she wants them to be closer. Still, I wish we won't have to wait too long until she decides to be more honest.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter made no sense i had to check across other sources to see if I was interpreting it correctly for some sentences
also the manga skipped parts in the LN which is ungood
Ugh, more fuel for the dumpster fire? Any prospects of it getting better?

Dex-chan lover
At least Natsukawa is aware that she's the one responsible for the current situation. I can also concede that after rejecting Wataru it would be awkward for her to suddenly tell him she wants them to be closer. Still, I wish we won't have to wait too long until she decides to be more honest.
I mean, at this point, I wish it was a love letter. At least it would get the plot going quicker.

Double-page supporter
I don't know how quite to explain it, but the art style change, specially when it comes to the eyes of the characters, makes this chapter feel specially bad.

It's like before it was this "cutesy fluffy laid back" style, and now it's a "mindbreak depression desperation" art style. I don't know if this change was deliberate by the author, or if it has to do with the quality of the raws or the work that has been done on the translation, but it REALLY contributes to this "sense of dread" for what is about to come.

edit: just went back and checked, it really did change at the end of volume 2. Don't know why, specially the eyes, they started to be drawn kinda "empty"

Last edited:
Group Leader
I don't know how quite to explain it, but the art style change, specially when it comes to the eyes of the characters, makes this chapter feel specially bad.

It's like before it was this "cutesy fluffy laid back" style, and now it's a "mindbreak depression desperation" art style. I don't know if this change was deliberate by the author, or if it has to do with the quality of the raws or the work that has been done on the translation, but it REALLY contributes to this "sense of dread" for what is about to come.

edit: just went back and checked, it really did change at the end of volume 2. Don't know why, specially the eyes, they started to be drawn kinda "empty".
I noticed it too, you can even see it in this chapter in natsukawa's flashbacks,
sajou's eyes are full, bright, and now, his eyes aren't (the bottom half are now white) and he has eyebags almost every page

Dex-chan lover
This school politics subplot is becoming a chore (they always are). Everyone is becoming a chore. Even Sajou is getting grinding in his constant second guessing reality. Rather than a realist, he's a devout pessimist.

I liked how this started but its getting progressively frustrating.

Either way, appreciate the coherent TLs at last.

Users who are viewing this thread