Rettou Gan no Tensei Majutsushi ~ Shiitagerareta Moto Yuusha wa Mirai no Sekai o Yoyuu de Ikinuku ~ - Ch. 114

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating the series. Musta been many times when you wanted to end it all.

Dex-chan lover
well it ended...

btw, I was surprised to see this title got a webcomic version (the full color, etc).

Dex-chan lover
-handled 100x better than most isekais and webtoons imo
Isekais* and derivative genres really know well how to start a story, but don't know how to finish. Maybe because most of them don't get finished.
Fyi, this story doesn't count as isekai because he reincarnated into his own world.

Note that that doesn't make the points either of you made about the genre less valid.

Aggregator gang
Liked how this started, but it got hyper lackluster close to halfway through. Ending wasn't really special either, really forced.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, at least it got a proper ending. The ending was okay. Not good, but just kinda okay/mediocre. Too little Lilith screen time and no harem ending smh. And a big time skip! Smh! 6-6,5/10

Dex-chan lover
Well alright ending i guess, as mentioned in previous chapters, this was a full adaptation and after this being the 6th work by this author that have finished, you gotta fully accept at this point that the author can't write shit for endings, aside that they did stall the last LN volume here (likely they wanted Vol.7 to be out first), and for anyone that actually want to bother reading the LN, is licensed by J-Novel

And hey, for much of a hack that this author can be, at least their works somehow manage to get adapted until their planned LN ending, one way or another, with the exception of one (Maou na Ore to Fushihime no Yubiwa), unlike alot of other adaptations out there, that wish to be adapted for this long or go for more

So there goes another Yusura Kankitsu work into the pile of completed LN and their adaptations, well this still have the color long strip version going (who asked), so only works by this author left now are Strongest Magical Swordman F Rank Adventurer and Irregular of the Royal Academy of Magic, since author isn't working in anything else, novel wise

I mentioned that the manga spent way too long in this final LN volume compared to the rest, here is how much each LN Vol. lasted in manga chapters for comparison
Volume 1 - Chapter 1-13
Volume 2 - Chapter 14-26
Volume 3 - Chapter 27-35
Volume 4 - Chapter 36-46
Volume 4.5 - Separate Serie
Volume 5 - Chapter 47-66 (only like the first 3 pages of 66 lol)
Volume 6 - Chapter 66-80
Volume 7 - Chapter 81-114

This explained why Irregular of the Royal Academy of Magic felt so familiar. And that it felt like cliches.

Dex-chan lover
ive seen a lot of terrible endings. this isnt one of them but its definitely not good. i would have been happier if the end of the arc was the closer and we were left to speculate the rest of the story

Dex-chan lover
Well alright ending i guess, as mentioned in previous chapters, this was a full adaptation and after this being the 6th work by this author that have finished, you gotta fully accept at this point that the author can't write shit for endings, aside that they did stall the last LN volume here (likely they wanted Vol.7 to be out first), and for anyone that actually want to bother reading the LN, is licensed by J-Novel

And hey, for much of a hack that this author can be, at least their works somehow manage to get adapted until their planned LN ending, one way or another, with the exception of one (Maou na Ore to Fushihime no Yubiwa), unlike alot of other adaptations out there, that wish to be adapted for this long or go for more

So there goes another Yusura Kankitsu work into the pile of completed LN and their adaptations, well this still have the color long strip version going (who asked), so only works by this author left now are Strongest Magical Swordman F Rank Adventurer and Irregular of the Royal Academy of Magic, since author isn't working in anything else, novel wise

I mentioned that the manga spent way too long in this final LN volume compared to the rest, here is how much each LN Vol. lasted in manga chapters for comparison
Volume 1 - Chapter 1-13
Volume 2 - Chapter 14-26
Volume 3 - Chapter 27-35
Volume 4 - Chapter 36-46
Volume 4.5 - Separate Serie
Volume 5 - Chapter 47-66 (only like the first 3 pages of 66 lol)
Volume 6 - Chapter 66-80
Volume 7 - Chapter 81-114
thanks for the breakdown, really highlights how badly the last arc dragged

and thanks to the team for continuing to translate this

really any series that makes it across the finish line deserves congratulations, regardless of how mid it is

Dex-chan lover
Well I guess at least Lilith's plot was actually resolved with marriage, rather than having that just brushed aside in the ending like a decent amount of series do. But otherwise, not surprising that the ending was mediocre for a manga like this.

Isekais* and derivative genres really know well how to start a story, but don't know how to finish. Maybe because most of them don't get finished.
I don't think they really know how to start a story either, tbh. That's why they go with isekai, it's a very straight-forward and derivative genre where all the basic setting is already established, so you just pick a few and start up without having to make a very unique series.

Reincarnation or summon, cheat abilities, adventurers guild/ranks, magic school, inevitable slave buying, etc, pick a few, have the MC show off their OP skills and have everyone amazed, give readers the dopamine hit, and then realize you have no idea what you want the story to actually be, beyond a way to show off your cool MC you made up.

Reactions: jlm
Dex-chan lover
I've been reading this for a good 3-ish, maybe 4 years (I used to read it before I had a Mangadex account). As bland as it was towards the end it's kinda sobering to realise that this piece of media I've been reading on and off for so long will be something I'll likely never read again simply because I don't have a penchant for re-reading many stories. I'm not even all that old but this feeling has already happened about half a dozen times lmao.

Thanks for the translation Mangasushi.

Users who are viewing this thread