Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Vol. 10 Ch. 102 - The Second One

Dex-chan lover
Now that I think about it, if you went to explore a hostile dungeon, you might want to wear decent, sturdy boots in any case, not any flimsy ones made of cloth of no substance. I doubt dungeons are, generally speaking, overly hot, so sweating in good boots shouldn't be such a huge problem. Unless the dungeon is connected to a volcano. In fact dungeons might be pretty cool, like a cellar, so you might even welcome the warmth. Above all, random little things wouldn't damage you feet.

Dex-chan lover
What is the point of this from a storytelling perspective? We're 100 chapters in. We know Yukito probably planned and discussed the mission with his party. Why spend a chapter or two showing us?

I believe it is because this is based on D&D, so it is supposed to be a joke and tribute to the source by having them literally play a TTRPG as a plan for the dungeon. And honestly, as a D&D player, I laughed at it and appreciated it. So for the niche audience this seems to have been written for, they probably enjoyed this, but this probably also is not going to be received as well by the broader fantasy audience.

Fed-Kun's army
I just realized that I've read a hundred chapters... didn't feel like this series has been going for that long.

I'm just fine with them using a mini-D&D game as practice when they're just about to storm an enemy held stronghold.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, that was absolutely LOVELY! I expect when they actually get to the invasion they're going to speed things up a bunch instead of drag things out, maybe show us events happening elsewhere instead of following the main party, since these past few chapters are basically acting like coverage for them in what they plan to do.

Double-page supporter
What is the point of this from a storytelling perspective? We're 100 chapters in. We know Yukito probably planned and discussed the mission with his party. Why spend a chapter or two showing us?
I think there isn't too much purpose for the story, the author just wanted to make that "you meet a new character, that is suspisciously similar to the one who died" joke.

Dex-chan lover
The point is the author is clearly having fun and giving a good ol' wink to his readers, who are, 99% chance, D&D nerds.

I burst into laughing when his identical twin ran in. Gave me a stop wondering whether he'll go the Monty Python route with the plot, so the recursive D&D was a nice conclusion.

That's it. Call it a filler episode if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread