Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 66.2

Dex-chan lover
This portion has much better detail in the LN. In case anyone is interested it’s Volume 5, Chapter 3. Just keep in mind that the full LN chapter will give you more story than the current comicalization.

I’m mentioning this because IMO the artist should have (or perhaps will in the following chapters) delve into Nell’s state of mind as it will connect better to what she decides to do later.

Dex-chan lover
Never give up.

Wow they sped through that fight.
I still think they managed to convey how draining it was for her. Probably should've done something closer to this for the tournament.

This portion has much better detail in the LN.
Not sure there's any LN that doesn't have a lot more detail. It's kind of how the medium works.

Weren't even flags, they showed us her death, her body, explained she died, and told us that the message orbs breaking called him but he got there too late.
Which chapter was it?

Dex-chan lover
Not sure there's any LN that doesn't have a lot more detail. It's kind of how the medium works.

That is true, any that does is more exception than the rule. I usually also gloss over it, but IMO in this case what Nell is thinking (and small details on the baddies) is probably more important than the action scene in this case considering how this arc ends. And so I figured if anyone is curious they can spend 15-20 mins reading half of the LN chapter by knowing exactly where it is.

Dex-chan lover
Finally, we are done with the slow side story! Thank you for the translation! (Also kind of felt like nell's thought process when fighting came out of nowhere)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

No wonder this 'backstory' took kinda long to pan out - the resolution turns out to be just a split-second grand slam

Dex-chan lover
aw they cut out the daggers he gave her, those were nasty af. If I remember right they were mithril throwing daggers, or at least a equivalently rare matt. And the psychopath made them be one time use disposable because he packed them with more magic then they could endure, they had a aoe of a mind effecting spell so potent they kill.

Dex-chan lover
I was nearly heartbroken when a few days ago, after withdrawing from reading this to hopefully come back to a finished arc I somehow started to read it and realizedt the arc didn't finish it and even worse that it looked like she's in so much trouble.
Happy endings are cheap.
I like them. Happy. Endings.
Cheap, yeah, but I like them.

Thanks for translation!
Waiting for more, I definitely need to see this arc till the end for now.

Which chapter was it?
Not as literal as he said it but they made her situation look more dire in 63.2. She wasn't dead (as you can see her scowl and eyes) but they showed the messaging orb red. Then they showed 3 guys holding down all her limbs, her sword away from her body, an arrow through her shoulder, and her body covered in blood.

Then in the latest chapter they show the same scene but she is only held down by one dude very shoddedly and she managed to free herself turn around and slice the commander with a spare dagger. I don't think it's a big deal but it's weird to see the same scene but drawn very differently just a few chapters later.

I know a lot of people didn't like the last few chapters but I do think the scene could've done with another chapter of her mowing down people. Seems a bit unfair when the MC has had a few forgettable fights get drawn out across multiple chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread