Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 9 Ch. 85

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapters!

This marquis really is an enigmatic character. No wonder he closely resembles the classic Joker from the Batman series.

Dex-chan lover
I like this manga, but I can't help but feel weird how they make every single "revelation", "clue" or "interrogation" so dramatic with every single word or reaction xD

That's kind of my problem too. I said as much in the last chapter. All of this is dramatic and it could be underplayed a bit so it felt more like two smart people probing and testing each other like an intricate game of chess. But instead it's just quiet-quiet-quiet-SHOUTY DRAMATIC REVEAL!-quiet-quiet-quiet-quiet-AGGRESSIVE ACCUSATORY INSINUATION!!!!!!!!-quiet-SHOCKED REACTION WITH OVERBLOWN THEATRICS!

I know part of that is that the nutty facial expressions and soap-opera melodramatic reactions are kind of this series' "thing" and that melodrama of that level is often a go-to thing in manga and anime (is it like a thing that has roots in Japanese theater? Because it feels a lot like watching old movies when they were still trying to figure out how to do movies and TV shows beyond just "stage acting but in front of a camera" and the hammy nature wasn't because people couldn't act, but because they were used to having to overact so that people in the back of the theater could hear and understand what was going on easily) but even by those standards it feels a touch excessive.

Dex-chan lover
I would be real surprised if this whole arc ends and the marquis has zero ties to demons. Having a "naturally weird" face is one thing, but paired with him having an evil forehead tattoo too, it seems a bit too on the nose to not be relevant at all, lmao. With him being presented as cunning/calculating, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a bad guy, but just not the current one, where he's basically enlisting Elma for the 2-for-1 of making himself seem good/clearing his own suspicion in relation to this crime, while also getting Elma to do his work for him (clearing out the current bad guys, who're inadvertently messing with his plans).

Hmm, why is there a romance tag?
It has been like 80 chapter+ and not a single romancing is happening lol
Well, we did basically just have soft confirmation that the jester girl has the hots for Elma, considering how her + Snow were the only ones to react to Elma's marriage offer (in basically the same way). Might be nothing now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into something down the line. I guess it's strange for that to be enough for a romance tag, though.

Dex-chan lover
That what Isekai ruler should be, a noble who rule over dangerous territory for a very long time is very competent in his job and not muscle for brain idiots or retatd like usual trope in isekai.
Most of the isekai just have them in awe with MC absurd power without question anything or doubt about it.

Dex-chan lover
Elma’s father: son’s a heavy knight immediately kick from the house
Snow’s father: something weird is happening, probe and try to use others to do something about it (he even figured out Elma’s odd adventuring trajectory)

Well, it’s clear why Elma’s father doesn’t like like the marquis, the marquis is simply smarter than the muscle brain. :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
That what Isekai ruler should be, a noble who rule over dangerous territory for a very long time is very competent in his job and not muscle for brain idiots or retatd like usual trope in isekai.
Most of the isekai just have them in awe with MC absurd power without question anything or doubt about it.
To be fair, isekai land is the only time when a muscle for brain noble makes any reasonable sense. Only in a isekai fantasy setting where an individual CAN be so powerful that they can justify ruling a land through shear individual power. I think it was mushoku tensei and tsukimichi that brings up the idea that war is so vastly different in an isekai setting cause an individual can hold back armies by themselves.

Dex-chan lover
One interesting thing I see in his art is that he has a two face art style where one side of his face is lighter and has the more excited smile while the darker side has a more upset frown as if he’s viewing it in two ways or outcomes at the same time.

Reactions: le3
Aggregator gang
Wow, i'm speechless. It's getting more and more interesting, at first it's just your average adventurer story but now, it's not that simple anymore. INTERESTING!

Users who are viewing this thread