Saikyou Onna Shishou-tachi ga Ikusei Houshin o Megutte Shuraba - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Trade Dispute

Dex-chan lover
Wait, the noble of a foreign country basically admitted to filling a false grievance in the middle of a guild, and it just goes unpunished like it's not a big deal?

Like I know the point of the story, the setting, and all the situations is for the MC but goddamn is the world building bad.

Dex-chan lover
Don't Nobles normally not have any authority in the adventurer's guild in these stories? You can clearly see the Noble goad them into joining her if they want the restrictions lifted, that 100% shows she's lying about whatever to have them put limitation on the group.
Well, hopefully she gets taught a lesson, would be nice if Goblins raped her too. But, well, we can't have good endings like that in these stories.

Thanks for the TL
That's a story contrivance in most stories to give the mc a lot of freedom of movement to travel around and do whatever. It's also SUPER unrealistic. The single defining trait of a government is the monopoly on violence. Having an international armed group in your country carrying out its basic functions like security means that they have no control and can't establish or enforce laws. A realistic approach would be for adventurers to be contractors and the nobility to have taken control but also handle the payments for the adventurers guild. There're a few stories that work like this but most just copy the typical idea and hope you don't think about it too much.

Dex-chan lover
I understand the noble nonsense is just setup to get to another cross training sesson -> power up but man is it kinda lame one.
Yeah, this arc kinda lame but I am kinda sus that guild easily ban orphans from taking quest.

That is straight up breach of trust between adventurers and the guild.

Noble can't get female adventurer to sleep with him? Ban her.

Noble swindle adventurers out of quest reward? Ban them.

If they didn't address this, what is the point of being "Adventurer" which is the core of this story?

Dex-chan lover
That's a story contrivance in most stories to give the mc a lot of freedom of movement to travel around and do whatever. It's also SUPER unrealistic. The single defining trait of a government is the monopoly on violence. Having an international armed group in your country carrying out its basic functions like security means that they have no control and can't establish or enforce laws. A realistic approach would be for adventurers to be contractors and the nobility to have taken control but also handle the payments for the adventurers guild. There're a few stories that work like this but most just copy the typical idea and hope you don't think about it too much.
I just think Adventurer's Guild is like ebay for strong/skilled people or extensions for government body.

They don't do much of ruling in Adventurer's Guild except gathering intel to give sense of "freedom" to the mass population.

Dex-chan lover
I just think Adventurer's Guild is like ebay for strong/skilled people or extensions for government body.

They don't do much of ruling in Adventurer's Guild except gathering intel to give sense of "freedom" to the mass population.
right but that wouldn't be allowed in real life outside of being an extension for a government body. It's a bunch of strong people doing the fighting against monsters or bandits. The fact that there would be an organization of strong people capable of fighting would terrify the nobility if they weren't under their control.

then there's the monopoly on violence that I mentioned before. If anything involving bandits or any humans was handled by adventurer's guild without being a commission from a noble (them being contractors/mercenaries) it would be another force controlling violence. Controlling violence allows you to control punishments and controlling punishments allows you to decide the rules/laws.

Dex-chan lover
Whatever.... just destroy her life and pride already, make her miserable, and put an end to her nobility career.

Dex-chan lover
right but that wouldn't be allowed in real life outside of being an extension for a government body. It's a bunch of strong people doing the fighting against monsters or bandits. The fact that there would be an organization of strong people capable of fighting would terrify the nobility if they weren't under their control.

then there's the monopoly on violence that I mentioned before. If anything involving bandits or any humans was handled by adventurer's guild without being a commission from a noble (them being contractors/mercenaries) it would be another force controlling violence. Controlling violence allows you to control punishments and controlling punishments allows you to decide the rules/laws.
Yeah i understand your point, my take is they allow it because not every adventurer is strong as normal soldiers. The strong one is probably "sponsored" by the nobles as a way to chain them.

Instead of using state soldiers to fight against bandits or monsters which going to cost money (medical, supplies, repairs and possibly remunerations for fallen soldiers) they just outsource the works to adventurers.

This way they keep their wallet intact and most rewards comes from quest giver instead of state sponsored unless the problem is really big.

Adventurer also wouldn't do needless violence if their medical care going to burn a hole in their pocket.

Basically, they allow adventurers to do their stuff by limiting their prospects of wealth and influence which is the reason they be an adventurer in the first place if they are not the main character.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah i understand your point, my take is they allow it because not every adventurer is strong as normal soldiers. The strong one is probably "sponsored" by the nobles as a way to chain them.

Instead of using state soldiers to fight against bandits or monsters which going to cost money (medical, supplies, repairs and possibly remunerations for fallen soldiers) they just outsource the works to adventurers.

This way they keep their wallet intact and most rewards comes from quest giver instead of state sponsored unless the problem is really big.

Adventurer also wouldn't do needless violence if their medical care going to burn a hole in their pocket.

Basically, they allow adventurers to do their stuff by limiting their prospects of wealth and influence which is the reason they be an adventurer in the first place if they are not the main character.
Right, we mostly agree on the concepts, just a disagreement on the degree. I think they wouldn't wait until an adventurer is strong, and thus a potential threat, to try and chain them specifically, though. It might take more effort and resources to keep the guild firmly under their influence, but, if they couldn't manage it, I don't think they would allow an organization of commoners with swords and magic to exist in the first place. After all, in real life, there were regulations on what weapons you could have based on your class in medieval times.

So, while for you it seems unrealistic with a single noble overreaching in a private organization that interacts with a bunch of other nobles, I feel it's unrealistic to think nobles would allow it to exist if they couldn't do stuff like this.

Dex-chan lover
So, while for you it seems unrealistic with a single noble overreaching in a private organization that interacts with a bunch of other nobles, I feel it's unrealistic to think nobles would allow it to exist if they couldn't do stuff like this.

In the context of this manga, i think the adventurers is being backed by royal family with establishment of Royal Adventurer Academy and i think Adventurer's guild too.

It feels weird when guild just follow along the noble whims without any form of protest. They just straight up ban orphans from taking quest instead of limiting it or maybe the manga itself didn't make it clear that they ban this specific group of orphan instead of all orphans.

This way they could make up excuses that this specific group of orphans has bad records and being investigated.
I feel veiled harassment works better in this scenario than open harassment since it shows cunning than brainless elite mob #5.

All in all this is still shounen manga, we will see what happens when new chapter drops.

Dex-chan lover
In the context of this manga, i think the adventurers is being backed by royal family with establishment of Royal Adventurer Academy and i think Adventurer's guild too.

It feels weird when guild just follow along the noble whims without any form of protest. They just straight up ban orphans from taking quest instead of limiting it or maybe the manga itself didn't make it clear that they ban this specific group of orphan instead of all orphans.

This way they could make up excuses that this specific group of orphans has bad records and being investigated.
I feel veiled harassment works better in this scenario than open harassment since it shows cunning than brainless elite mob #5.

All in all this is still shounen manga, we will see what happens when new chapter drops.
yes, if the adventurer's guild does have the backing of royalty like that suggests, they would be able to use that connection to petition for redress of any noble's abusing their authority or harassing members. The thing is the royals themselves might not bother with it for the sake of poor orphans. It would be one thing if it was a conflict between comparable nobles but, if the royals aren't altruistic or just, or if they have a particularly good relationship with the abusers, it may be allowed. From what I saw peaking a bit at the raws she's working under a prince-like guy who's either the leader of her faction or an actual prince. So, both her position and backing aren't small. That said, that's an impression and I don't actually know. We probably won't see until the fight is done.

Dex-chan lover
As long as there's more 3 masters screentime I can bear the pain of having to see Giselle and The Lynch co.

Dex-chan lover
First rug-sweeping and now the author is trying to pull some post-hoc rationalization/reasoning bullshit for Giselle's attempted lynching of Cross? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not recall it ever being established that the setting is in such a crap sack kind of world that adventures need to go out of their way to crush the weak to get ahead and/or survive. I mean, leaving Cross alone after fucking with him a few times was an option, yeah? Just let him find out firsthand that no one is going to want to pair-up with and carry his (presumably) worthless ass through dangerous battles with monsters and disputes with shitty nobles. To me, this whole situation just reads as The Orphans reaping what they have sown and pulling the MC into their mess.

I might have been onboard if Giselle and her crew finally owned-up to and apologized for what they did, before then asking Cross to help them in exchange for then helping him achieve his dream of becoming a great adventurer. But no, blame the MC instead for the consequences of your actions. Such character development, much likability

It makes me wish the author would have instead gone the route of MC becoming an OP solo adventurer with just his harem Mommies by his side... and eventually recruiting the hero girl along the way. Because with this setting, all I can muster is: "Let them fight" and "You get what you deserve" for Giselle and company.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Is this the authors first work because now I'm debating skipping chapters until the fight because I'm not interested in the murderous childhood friend or idiotic noble girl when the fastest solution to this arc is for MC to tell his masters what happened and just learn how to address similar problems in the future.

Dex-chan lover
It's genuinely impressive how hard the author is trying to redeem this asshole's actions. I said it before, but the quality of this story is directly correlated to how often the three ladies are around.

Users who are viewing this thread