Saikyou Onna Shishou-tachi ga Ikusei Houshin o Megutte Shuraba - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Reciprocation

Dex-chan lover
Darn I was hoping for a stomp but guess not. Still nice to see Cross is learning a lot from his fight & doesn't seem like Darius is a scumbag so it should be a fair one. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
It's nice to see someone straight up acknowledge and respect Cross pretty much almost instantly after they clash. Like he doesn't even call him "boy" or "whelp" or some other generic thing . He's like "We must destroy this man ".

Dex-chan lover
Authors love using characters with shitty personalities and for some reason readers love them too. For example, I will never understand how tsunderes became so popular, it’s so crazy to me, akin to people believing in a flat earth in this day and age. Why do people enjoy seeing the MC be treated like shit so much? How could they possibly find a bitch who just has the worst personality possible and constantly berates the MC cute? It’s honestly mind-boggling and unfathomable to me.

Dex-chan lover
Authors love using characters with shitty personalities and for some reason readers love them too. For example, I will never understand how tsunderes became so popular, it’s so crazy to me, akin to people believing in a flat earth in this day and age. Why do people enjoy seeing the MC be treated like shit so much? How could they possibly find a bitch who just has the worst personality possible and constantly berates the MC cute? It’s honestly mind-boggling and unfathomable to me.
The thing is... My friend who likes tsundere said that it's all about the time they are forced to acknowledge their feelings. That one time is all that matters. It's like opening a well preserved wine and drink it during its' best time. It's like a one time satisfaction, as usually the tsundere-ness of said character will be gone after that event.

Dex-chan lover
The thing is... My friend who likes tsundere said that it's all about the time they are forced to acknowledge their feelings. That one time is all that matters. It's like opening a well preserved wine and drink it during its' best time. It's like a one time satisfaction, as usually the tsundere-ness of said character will be gone after that event.

That, and the gap moe is great. The absolute difference in personality creates something I can't quite describe. Also a less popular type of tsunderes were ones who were terrible to everyone else, but only opened up to the MC after getting close, and being the only one who gets that side of them is appealing to some people as well.

Personally though I've lost a lot of interest in tsunderes with how they've evolved in media. A lot of them start out as just outright toxic and abusive and terrible and it's explained away as "trauma" so it's okay. Yes having trauma responses is okay and it's human, but if you grow as a person you need to make up for the hurt you have caused. Others (like the MC) shouldn't naturally just forgive them and give them a pass just because they have suffered. I can't remember any right now, but there have been some better manga that actually explored the trauma and gave decent slow, realistic character growth but that is by and large not the case with tsunderes now. It's more like a quick checkmark to make sure it's included without any actual character development put into planning.

I miss tsunderes who were just standoffish, distant, or at most just a little mean to try to distance themselves. Also the rare abusive tsunderes who grow to realize how terrible they were and actively work to make up for it and properly earn forgiveness.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters!
Not the most well drawn chapter. How can a group of mages outrun a group of fighters like that? And reflection suddenly also does not reflect back

Dex-chan lover
The issue with tsundere characters is that most of them cannot back up their standoffishness so they just look like abusive assholes while the MC ends up looking like an overly-forgiving doormat.

Watch, I bet the same thing will happen here because the author needs power escalation. She's gonna get into trouble and suddenly it's time for Cross to bail her out yet again.

Dex-chan lover
It's quite simple, cause they resonate with those readers, they're equally as insufferable irl

Contributor
1 chapter ago they said that a mage class that can outrun a melee type class doesn't exist. In this chapter we saw 3 mages outrunning 3 close quarters classes, they even lost sight of them. :question:

Dex-chan lover
1 chapter ago they said that a mage class that can outrun a melee type class doesn't exist. In this chapter we saw 3 mages outrunning 3 close quarters classes, they even lost sight of them. :question:
It's not like consistency is a characteristic of this manga. I mean, Cross already defeated a huge three-headed monster and still struggles against one human.

After all, Numerical Power Levels are extremely stupid outside videogames.

• This
Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
That, and the gap moe is great. The absolute difference in personality creates something I can't quite describe. Also a less popular type of tsunderes were ones who were terrible to everyone else, but only opened up to the MC after getting close, and being the only one who gets that side of them is appealing to some people as well.

Personally though I've lost a lot of interest in tsunderes with how they've evolved in media. A lot of them start out as just outright toxic and abusive and terrible and it's explained away as "trauma" so it's okay. Yes having trauma responses is okay and it's human, but if you grow as a person you need to make up for the hurt you have caused. Others (like the MC) shouldn't naturally just forgive them and give them a pass just because they have suffered. I can't remember any right now, but there have been some better manga that actually explored the trauma and gave decent slow, realistic character growth but that is by and large not the case with tsunderes now. It's more like a quick checkmark to make sure it's included without any actual character development put into planning.

I miss tsunderes who were just standoffish, distant, or at most just a little mean to try to distance themselves. Also the rare abusive tsunderes who grow to realize how terrible they were and actively work to make up for it and properly earn forgiveness.
My King, your wisdom is so profound! And yes it was gap-moe! I forgot the exact word!

And again you're right. Tsundere as a character trait nowadays have devolved straight to abusive behaviour. It's rare to see an enjoyable tsundere now.

Users who are viewing this thread