Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Ch. 357 - The Mystery of Being Serious

Dunno why calling me oblivious seems to be a good answer for you…
Also delaying the answer by acting like nothing ever happened sounds like a very mediocre idea. I just explained why people are - rightfully so - surprised of this sudden progress in the ever so extended and diluted story.
"Dunno why calling me oblivious seems to be a good answer for you…"?????
Are you talking about me?, if so,
i wasn't even responding to you!, and my only intention with my first comment was to state the fact that the mangaka is in fact pretty consistent with his inconsistency regarding timeframes.

Dex-chan lover
It's gonna end like
Xenoblade 3 with the photograph with Rex with all three girls sitting and holding brand new babies

Wait wat... So unexpected all of the sudden, but we are finally getting development. It smells like Axe, but if that's the case I wouldn't mind as long as we get a real closure

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this is rushed in the sense that we've had 300+ chapters of relationship building and we all know the girls like him, but it is jarring in the sense that we don't see any of the girls plan for this at all, it just kinda happens.

It might have read better if there was a build up to this moment in the past couple chapters. I understand the episodic nature of this manga usually makes that impossible but I figured, at least for the big confession moment, the author would work on a more continuous arc.

Which is also what makes me think this might still be a bait and switch. Daisuke is dense as a brick after all, receiving genuine valentine's chocolate might not be enough to get through his thick skull. We could just get a punchline on white day.
I mean suzu has always been the most pushy one, her finally being blunt about it makes sense and the others only needed one push

Dex-chan lover
Wait what?! I'm just as surprised as Daisuke. I thought it would be a dream but it was real. So we are reaching the end, then? I thought for sure that this would go on forever.

Though it makes sense that the author would be bringing this to an end, especially in the previous volume afterword the author talking about how they wanted to cover the characters' backstories. This could mean that they are trying to tie up loose ends

Dex-chan lover
It looks like it might be ending, either because it got canceled or the author wants to try something new. Maybe not, but I wouldn't be shocked if this'll end soon. Too bad, it was one of my favorites and is much better than squid girl art and plot wise, imo.

I'm also shocked that fan favorite (at least in the west) Tanaka the Gyaru wasn't there. The fact that so many girls aren't in the valentine confession chapter makes me think this could be a fakeout too.

It's been 8 years so I could see this being the beginning of the end. I guess we'll see depending on how Daisuke responds.

Dex-chan lover
alright
mangas gonna end
hopefully the mystery if the time loop will be lifted before that happens

Isn't it a month between now and white day? Plenty of time for many antics that cause the confessions to be downgraded... Besides, you just know he will never be able to decide on such a short time. It will probably end up like the
"I love all of you guys"
scene in Xenoblade 2

Hope to see Reiko make her move too; out of all the girls I think she wants him the most, yet she would probably be going through the most angst to actually confess to him.

Ryouko loves teasing and flirting with Daisuke but, like Masashi (unless there is a big twist coming there), is definitely a wingman and friend rather than full combatant.

Last edited:
Holy cow, I was looking for the punchline like maybe a dream or maybe another misunderstanding but THEY ACTUALLY WENT FOR IT!?!?

Now I have a bad feeling its about to end soon and it will be a graduation thingy

I have a bad feeling its about to end soon and it will be a graduation thingy
Well Anbe does say in the volume 18 omake (341.5) that he was thinking about whether and to include more sombre details of the character's pasts as he didn't want to have any regrets when the manga ends...

That's not saying it will end soon, but that he's got deeper plans for putting in the more important stuff now, probably because he is aware of the fact he ended squid girl when it was around this length so it's on his mind. It hasn't been "axed" as some people are saying because he's made almost a full volume since he wrote that so if he does end it at least it won't have been a rush job and at a time of his choosing.

Users who are viewing this thread