Ragna Crimson - Ch. 72 - Machine Dragon (2)

Dex-chan lover
Page 21 had a statement that said "17 locations were attacked, 9 of which was due to the Bloodline of Roars".

Would imagine that if Tina and Laby were busy with the King of Bones Ploy, then it'd be the King of Roars who mostly dealt with those other locations himself.
Right, and we saw previously when he was summoned/ordered by the elder Kings that they expected him to play a major part. So he was likely involved directly in overseeing the facilities attacks, and he deployed Gravity and Maze as part of the distraction, not expecting them to be in serious danger. Which honestly isn't unreasonable given their powers, Gravity just helped set things up and serve as some extra defense, but a massive Maze PLUS getting pulled into the World Of Undeath/Assimilation by the fragment of Bone would have been enough to do in many of the sword saints let alone regular forces. Or at least leave them too damaged to present a serious threat afterwards. He blames himself because he underestimated Ragna twice. And/or perhaps he was involved in sparing Ruo Xi/old-Aria in the past.

Machine Dragon clearly is holding back some major firepower, he was just about to unleash antimatter which is a big step up. I still wonder if the big ultimate showdown for him will involve Ferbigott and Crimson more than some of the others, maybe in a way we don't expect. Like as the "Machine Dragon" and likely dating to the Old World it occurs to me he could have some sort of master override/root code nobody knows about... which is just the sort of thing Crimson might well know about. It'd be kind of fittingly out of left field if there was some huge battle and he gets a full limiter release and is about to just beat shit down and at the key moment Crimson suddenly is like "Administrative Override Code hakg4ya103981098a: command execute maintenance shutdown" and boom that was it :).

Corpse Saint going after the King of Bone's power is both fitting and scary. Doesn't even mean he's the traitor per se, he may just have his own agenda. And we can't assume too much either because this worldline is already significantly diverged from the original. It may be that whoever betrayed the cult the first time (if anyone even did, Crimson was just considering the possibility) did so due to other events the first time around. None of this will have happened the same way, newWings would still be alive at this point, Ragna just barely recovered by Crimson afterwards. Specifics are going to stop mattering, only generalities that remain true.

Dex-chan lover
20%? i don't think that's it, with the way he changes a bit to go away, I guess blocking that heavy dragon slaying flash from ragna left him in tatters. or it could be that like a machine he needs to recharge and was only left with 20% in the tank after storming all those bases and fighting ragna. or i could be wrong lmao.
He says “Limited to 20%”. Assuming no issues with translation, that would mean he’s only limited to 20%. Sure, you could say he’s only got that much left, but the phrasing more naturally interprets itself the way I said it.

Dex-chan lover
I bet the corpse saint plans to use it to empower his corpses but it somehow fails and he causes the entire cult to collapse into oblivion.
aw cmon man prison saintess gone already?????? aint they got like a ton of them time reverse power clones in stock?! Do smthn!!! rip
Already told ya man. There's nothing left to work with. And even if there were, will they be able to fix her psyche when she was engulfed with pure ecstasy in that meat world? With how dragons are, they broke her beyond what is fixable

Double-page supporter
Confirmed RIP for the crazy prison lady. I will make the following predictions based on what we've seen so far:
  • King of roars was not present in the fight because he was busy attacking the cult posts/cities, plus the king of eyes probably didn't want him there anyway with the machine dragon already being in charge of clearing Ragna.
  • The zombie saint is not a traitor, but he is crazy and didn't report the king of bones fragment because he wanted it all for himself without supervision. This will most likely lead to negative consequences for the cult, but not it's destruction.
  • Somehow, Li Ruoxi will either regain her leg or gain a prosthetic/something that allows her to continue fighting. I don't think we are done seeing her in the middle of battle.
  • The next kings to defeat will be Roars > Moon > Eyes.
  • The sun saint will still die in this timeline.

Dex-chan lover
20%? i don't think that's it, with the way he changes a bit to go away, I guess blocking that heavy dragon slaying flash from ragna left him in tatters. or it could be that like a machine he needs to recharge and was only left with 20% in the tank after storming all those bases and fighting ragna. or i could be wrong lmao.
No. Each bloodline can't interfere with each other and he's only allowed to shave off 20% of cult's forces (based on King of Eyes's safe margin assumption). That means if he kill all the monks at that time, there'll be some sort of penalty for him.

In fairness, he might be limited in his actions for one reason or another. The other Dragon Kings seem to be unable to just gang up on the Dragon Slaying Monks, so Machine Dragon guy was only able to assist this much (he even seems to be only acting with 20% of his strength?).
I believe the 20% refers to the amount of damage another bloodline (King of Eyes and Kiryu-kun, in this case) may inflict to the Sun Cult without interfering too much with the roars (page 25 of ch 66).

Confirmed RIP for the crazy prison lady. I will make the following predictions based on what we've seen so far:
  • King of roars was not present in the fight because he was busy attacking the cult posts/cities, plus the king of eyes probably didn't want him there anyway with the machine dragon already being in charge of clearing Ragna.
  • The zombie saint is not a traitor, but he is crazy and didn't report the king of bones fragment because he wanted it all for himself without supervision. This will most likely lead to negative consequences for the cult, but not it's destruction.
  • Somehow, Li Ruoxi will either regain her leg or gain a prosthetic/something that allows her to continue fighting. I don't think we are done seeing her in the middle of battle.
  • The next kings to defeat will be Roars > Moon > Eyes.
  • The sun saint will still die in this timeline.
Eh, the Carla clones can regenerate her leg just fine, I don't think she needs a prosthetic

dS51RP1.png

20% refers to a previous chapter where he was told to just eliminate 20% of the cult's forces btw.

Aggregator gang
i kinda have been losing interest in this manga over time, and the one character that i was starting to like just got killed off. i think im gonna drop it and come back in a year or two.

Dex-chan lover
Glest seem like he also suffered damg from Ragna's last attack. Remember, Ragna's attack is true damg toward dragon, even Kamui regenerated, he still suffered continuous damg from the first dragon hunting slash of Ragna when he talked with the silverware princess. Glest also seem suffered damg like that, in the last few pages he still didn't healed completely on his left side.

Dex-chan lover
does this mean that the traitor thet crimson predict is the corpse saint
Honestly, usually plots like this use characters like him as a red herring. He's too obvious. Its probably going to be the big muscly guy or something. Its not really worth thinking about, this isn't a mystery novel where we're getting all sorts of hints and are actually supposed to guess it ahead of time, the author is just going to choose what they feel will illicit the biggest reaction from us.

Well, that's another no show from both side again.

I know they're trying to show Bagram as someone who understand his subordinates' situation and don't needlessly punish them, but all this "it's my fault" excuses while he sit around doing barely anything just makes him look utterly incompetent.

Drunk adult! Ruo Xi is sex though
Bruh, if burger manger doesn't follow whatever plan made by the high horse, then his entire business will be cooked

Users who are viewing this thread