The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 18.5 - Side Story: ‘The Townies’

Dex-chan lover
cover5.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
The font used for the letter gave me mental whiplash. It's supposed to be hand-written, no? Going from the handwriting-imitating font as narration and speech into a machine-like font as handwriting feels really weird. Especially since everything else is high quality.
the writing font in the raw was also machine writing, so it's not a translation issue, so i think it's like the other guy said, the document itself is written with a magic tool

The font used for the letter gave me mental whiplash. It's supposed to be hand-written, no? Going from the handwriting-imitating font as narration and speech into a machine-like font as handwriting feels really weird. Especially since everything else is high quality.
Aside from another person mention the similar font was used in the raws and most likely Mob-kun was using an in-world magic machine thingy, I don't think the artist/author intended that letter to be read, it's just there to show "hey this character wrote a long winded glowing review". I'm sure most of the readers would try to read the whole thing, if I was on a good day I would too, but I didn't and not absolutely every single person would. Also, design-wise, imagine a handwritten font (has to be different from the other fonts used) being that tight and condensed in such a small panel?

Hey, I'm the typesetter, I did that on purpose due to what other people said: Matches the raws, matches the magic tools. Please remember that we also usually speedrun these (often with a really small team) to get them out to readers in English a day or two after the Japanese release, hence we'd appreciate people being kind to the small mistakes (even if it's not even a mistake this time). Thanks for reading the chapter though.

Note: You're always welcome to apply if you think you could help make these chapters better.

Fed-Kun's army
I was just about to mention that! Also I love that of the two, the one that our protagonist for this chapter seems to fall in love with was the man, but its not played for laughs or anything, its just cute :)
Huh? Wait a min, young man. The one you said you fall in love with is the male demon tho?? You swing that way, young man???

Go for it, young man :thumbsup:
Only pointing this out since I also thought one was a guy at first lol. But, they are both women. The shot of them sitting down shows they both have the same size breasts. Just wearing different outfits.

Dex-chan lover
Only pointing this out since I also thought one was a guy at first lol. But, they are both women. The shot of them sitting down shows they both have the same size breasts. Just wearing different outfits.
You got bamboozled by the flat (presumably male) twin's hair curling lol.

In ch 17, there's also a page where one twin has shading because of her chest and the other one doesn't, and they're definitely wearing the same outfits in that chapter.

Good luck mob-kun, go get yourself a demon bf! We believe in you! :win:

You got bamboozled by the flat (presumably male) twin's hair curling lol.

In ch 17, there's also a page where one twin has shading because of her chest and the other one doesn't, and they're definitely wearing the same outfits in that chapter.

Good luck mob-kun, go get yourself a demon bf! We believe in you! :win:

Dex-chan lover
:dogkek: Excellent bonus chapter. Entertaining while not interfering with the main story.

10/10 :salute:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for chap
This feels like a slice of life of a normal person.
Disappointed it's not a chap but don't mind this either

Double-page supporter

I work with a dude that writes like that. It throws everyone that sees it. Everyone when they see his notes will say, "Why did you take the trouble to print this out into this notepad?" And then they see him write and you can see their eyes glaze over as WTF becomes reality.

Dex-chan lover
I ship it :thumbsup:

Note to self: write moar apology letters for demon waifu meet-cutes
I mean in the end it was largely a gratitude letter more than apology letter.
Which honestly? Yeah, apologizing to someone who doesn't want/expect it is usually just a dampener but to show your positive feelings for something is always a good precedent would recommend.

Dex-chan lover
mans got his wallet content thanos-snapped lmao

LMAO SO THE GLASS CRACK ARE NOT JUST FOR COMEDIC EFFECT BUT ACTUALLY CANON AND HAS ACTUAL REASON :pepela: :kek:

i understand four eyes, i absolutely would too

Users who are viewing this thread