Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

@MRain

I understand what you meant. If the purpose is to nullify the tension, this arc was completely unnecessary. Because the chapters before the start of this arc and after the end of the music festival arc did just that with much better writing.

Do you not consider those the same because they're not part of an arc? Or is it because it fleshed out the characters much more than necessary for "tension nullification"? Did you not find the humor in there as good as during this arc?

Even if it's supposed to be filler, it still doesn't excuse lackluster writing. The way conflict and it's resolution were written in this arc was underwhelming at best. Relying only on past gimmicks to entertain the readers. If this was how it's supposed to be written then I'd rather have this be in 1 or 2 chapters rather than 12.

The only thing that we know about Kerori from this chapter, is that
she has a crush on Gyari but she doesn't openly reciprocate Gyari's love, not to the public and not even to Gyari herself
. Aside from that, we don't learn anything new. Compare that to how past arcs developed her.
We learn from the 1st evidol arc about Kerori's motivation in life, In the training arc we learn about how Kerori developed her innate skills and how she uses them in the treasure hunt arc (also that she remains kind to her subjects Except for Gyari), and finally in the music festival arc we learn how much passion she puts in to her work.
Compared to this arc, this arc's development is lackluster at best, and damaging at worst. Not to mention this arc puts Kerori as the focus meanwhile only 1 focused on her while other past arcs didn't focus on her.

but I disagree on antagonizing the arc

I admit I sound overly antagonizing towards this arc, but that's because this is the first bad arc in the entire series, which broke my heart. Though I expected the series would stumble eventually, I didn't expect it to come right after the best arc of the series (ignoring the episodic chapters).

Because in my view this series hasn't let me down for 180 chapters which was impressive especially for a weekly shounen series, and right after it achieved its highest heights, it fell flat on it's face. So excuse me if I sound a little miffed.

@unrodmell

I agree with the sentiment, but I'd appreciate it if you don't mix people who dislike it for the inclusiveness with people who dislike it for the lackluster writing. And I'll do my best to leave the people who enjoy the representation as long as they understand why I have my gripes with this arc.

Though I have to add something. If you think that someone who dislikes something just because of the presence of a same sex relationship is sad, then by that logic it's also fair to say people who likes something just because there is a presence of same sex relationship is equally sad. Not putting words in your mouth, just an observation.

Fed-Kun's army
@nutman451
"she has a crush on Gyari but she doesn't openly reciprocate Gyari's love, not to the public and not even to Gyari herself"
I didn't see that at all, if anything she seemed ambivalent toward Gyari's advances.

We learn from the 1st evidol arc about Kerori's motivation in life, In the training arc we learn about how Kerori developed her innate skills and how she uses them in the treasure hunt arc (also that she remains kind to her subjects Except for Gyari), and finally in the music festival arc we learn how much passion she puts in to her work.

This is a complete and total setback for her character, she's been developing her normal persona to be more confident and relying less on her idol personality shit. With this arc it just sets her back to rely on her idol personality as a crutch, even in Japan alot of the comments on his twitter and some of the forums many fans are not fans of this supposed "development". This arc has not been well received at all.

Anyway Gyari was a shitty antagonist, in my opinion she should've went full primal and joined the Six Fingers after this arc to actually raise the stakes and use it to develop Kuromu's character this entire arc is a misstep and a waste. Plus Kuromo was shown to have developed a bit of a crush on Iruma and Gyari just ignoring it without any antagonism toward Iruma is another wasted development. Seriously this arc fucking sucked.

@Somethindarker

I didn't see that at all, if anything she seemed ambivalent toward Gyari's advances.

After looking up what ambivalent means (English ain't my first language aight), yea that's the word. What rubbed me the wrong way was how Kuromu
never outright says "I love you (too)
" to Gyari. It gives me the impression that Kuromu holds all the power in the relationship without giving Gyari any acknowledgement outside of blushing and glassy eyed looks. Which doesn't look like a healthy relationship to me.

On Kerori's developement:

Re-reading the Kerori's introduction arc, The main takeaway I got is that
she shouldn't take her Idol career to seriously and instead balance between her career and herself (and well-being)
. With that in mind, in the least charitable interpretation, she did regress while the most charitable is she didn't develop at all. So yea, I say it's fair to say she did take a step back in development (though I don't think it's a major setback).

On Gyari:

Oh yea deffinitely. Despite having a "selfish" attitude, it's weird that she didn't resort to anything drastic. Which made her likable in a sense but completely forgettable as she has done nothing that's worth remembering (good or bad). Feels like the author just didn't want to take risks with Gyari and ended up making a bland and forgettable character. Which is a shame because her backstory and character traits would make her a very motivated antagonist with plenty of potential.

I feel like Kuromu's crush on Iruma is now intended to be retconned (which I'm fine with tbh) however the fact that nothing came from the conflict between Gyari and Iruma outside of petty insults is just such a missed opportunity.

Perhaps the author or his editor felt that public opinion on the arc was at an all time low so they decided to cut their losses and finish the arc as soon as possible before sweeping all of this under the rug. Which is a shame but also sort of a blessing.

I agree, this arc is the sucking fucked.

@MRain yeah you are right, i didn't express my self very well in the coment, i didn't intend of mixingi know that this arc have lackluster writing and yeah i agree is not the best arc, the thing is that i have read a comment saying " i don't like gay people so now i don't like this manga" or something like that and that is what I was talking about, and sorry for not writting very well, english is not my mother lenguage

First comment ever, I just want to express why the last arc annoyed me, see if I can put it into words:
Gyari´s motivation, her "greed", and the idea that she wants what she can´t have, so she´ll stop wanting it when she has it, is the same annoying bullshit that makes 90% of romance mangas into a fucking drag. Just a lot tedious "Will they/ Won´t they" crap without any interesting development in which every time there seems to be any actual development it just passes as a "misunderstanding". And frankly, that sort of manga PISSES ME OFF. Specially when the manga has the gall to end when they start dating or shit like that. FUCK THAT SHIT. Give me the good stuff. Give me two dorks being lovely to each other, or two idiots being embarrassed, I want to see something actually happen, not permanently teased in front of my face.
Gyari´s whole character as directly stated by the manga is some sort of distilled essence of that teasing philosophy, that blue-balling shit that values taunting over actual delivering, so it just disgust me by principle. And it´s not because they´re gay, Yuri love is righteous obviously. Actually, teasing yuri, of all things, without delivering makes it even worse.
So yeah, I don´t care for that dynamic, it´s the epitome of weakness. Just a bunch of teasing without delivering anything of substance.
Also, I´m pissed that Merun just straight up bailed on her team and absolutely nothing came out of that. They gave her a proper character introduction and everything, and they just did nothing with it. Fuck Merun, betrayal is never acceptable.
Sorry for the rant.

Is it just me or did 2 chapters get skipped again? I remember something like this happening again, from the school hunting festival it went from Iruma's training to somewhere the middle of the games. People, why skip chapters???

Dex-chan lover
I put this series on hold for a long while and started where I left off last time and I feel that there simply hasn't been much noticeable development for Iruma; I mean, he HAS gained more confidence since when he first entered the demon realm, but it still seems as though he is completely lacking in any motivation besides "kindness" - which would work, if he wasn't so passive. E.g. The recent deviculum arc introduces this new god faction, and whilst Iruma does take action, nothing seems to come out of it; it seems then that this arc only really set up mounting expectation of Iruma's identity being revealed and Baal's plan going well, but really quite little development otherwise IMO. Probably should have organised my thoughts better but oh well.

I soo want chapter 339, all versions of Iruma-kun art as a wallpaper... I wonder if the author plans to show something like that in the story too. Don't answer this question, it's better unrevealed.
It's not really a spoiler but for safe keeping only read this once you reach chapter 339.

Double-page supporter
Hey, whoever is ordering the chapters/volume list for Iruma, you forgot to put chapter 322, 323 and 324 to Volume 37 (it should contain ch 322 to 330), which they are part of and it's messing up reading order, since it jump from ch 321 to 325, then back to 322 after 330.

Users who are viewing this thread