Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 127 - Retrieval Mission

Dex-chan lover
I just want to ask. What's your damage.

Seems to me like bitter old men are acting like bitter old men.

Thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Guessing that the king is the leader of that assassin group? Or rather the latest in the line. We had our intro with the old man so... Maybe?

Dex-chan lover
"I sense... plans within plans... and the Emperor in the middle of it..."
Additional-Spice-Effects.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Looking at the pin and deducing that it was stolen was quite bit of a stretch considering it was on the fucking ground and obviously dropped.

Also seeing how a legit psychopath like Ubel is so popular, is it a massive "i can fix her" situation among the fandom?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think the main enemies in this arc is going to be humans and politics, at least the chapters and events running up to this arc points that way. But we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Why Frieren was on the assassination list when she isn't related to the magic association is a bit weird though, since I don't think their relation of Frieren being Serie's apprentice's apprentice is known to the public.
We just have to wait and see how it plays out I guess. But if their enemies are humans, I guess that's also one of the reasons Übel was the first choice of the first class mages.

Frieren had one of the older mage symbol (shown before the exam arc) so she was part of some not-Empire's mage group before.
If the Empire is really out for blood of anyone not-theirs then that'd get her on the list.

Dex-chan lover
I think the main enemies in this arc is going to be humans and politics, at least the chapters and events running up to this arc points that way. But we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Why Frieren was on the assassination list when she isn't related to the magic association is a bit weird though, since I don't think their relation of Frieren being Serie's apprentice's apprentice is known to the public.
We just have to wait and see how it plays out I guess. But if their enemies are humans, I guess that's also one of the reasons Übel was the first choice of the first class mages.
It could be something as simple as racism against elves.

Dex-chan lover
New Frieren chapter blessing my day :win:

While Land x Übel shippers are eating good today, I'm still somewhat reluctant to board. I think the initial worries about Übel killing Land out of fun were unfounded. Now I'm worried there'll be an abrupt, sad end: with Übel being as reckless as she is, if Land can't have her back at the wrong time he'll become a widower carrying a feeling of guilt for the rest of his life, if this goes any further :worry:

also FRIEREN (and Fern) CAT EARS - the same goes for her intuition, looking forward to what's next. Those assassins will need some crazy plan if they don't want to fail miserably :pepehmm:

Ty for the TL as always!

Dex-chan lover
It could be something as simple as racism against elves.
That would be crazy if true. Hey, we may risk our empire to ash but fuck them because they got long ears. Totally worth the risk to fight the most powerful beings on the planet just cause we don't like them knife ears. So dumb it's funny.

Dex-chan lover
Empire looks like Tanya the Evil is about to pop out of a door. The secret police/assasination list feels very fascist too. Could be they just see value in killing any power that isn't them, or it could be their upper ranks are secret demons. So far the big bad antagonist is the eyepatch dude, but we might get a bigger boss in time.

Dex-chan lover
And could just be human being human.
From other manga, people only trust other people when they’re on equal or higher standing. The basis: you can punch them back and make them regret betraying you.

Serie is just too powerful and removed, they can’t control her by force or by manipulating the situation. And they don’t need something in equal, or might grow bigger than them. Being absolutely powerful means security.

Where’s that fanart of Stark and Fern putting cat ear on each other :D

Users who are viewing this thread