Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 127 - Retrieval Mission

Gushing Over Magical Girls and Frieren on hiatus at the same time for a month? I know this and I'm responding very late, but this is just bad...

Dex-chan lover
"Wow, if you put humans ears on cows, they really do look like humans."
I feel like I’ve heard of this somewhere…but I dare not recall when, lest it fills me with lust once more…:fml:

Dex-chan lover
Empire looks like Tanya the Evil is about to pop out of a door. The secret police/assasination list feels very fascist too. Could be they just see value in killing any power that isn't them, or it could be their upper ranks are secret demons. So far the big bad antagonist is the eyepatch dude, but we might get a bigger boss in time.
They could be from a hidden faction of the demon king’s army who managed to read Frieren’s mind when she went back in time?

Dex-chan lover
pleased and not pleased to have caught up to the publication post watching he series. THink this arc will eb season 4 or 5?

Dex-chan lover
Does this mean that the empire has been infiltrated by the demons and are being used to eliminate living legends like Frieren and Serie? Or they just think that they're threats to the Empire's reign even though they couldn't care less about political power struggles? What the hell are they thinking when there are still some remnants of the Demon Army running around? Although I guess the Mage's Guild is an organisation that can be a big threat in the future and killing Serie could set back their influence and growth.
More likely it just empire wanting to keep its hegemony and thought that they are more than strong enough face any threat demon could pose.

Which is partially true considering they do endure long war with demon while still maintaining its relative national power.

Even macht doesn't really want to fight the empire because they just have that much resources.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe they made a deal with the devil.

Artist has a droopy eyes fetish.
The demon here are monster who can speak words to deceive, considering this is the place where flamme originally teach I don't think they would even consider it.

Dex-chan lover
I think the main enemies in this arc is going to be humans and politics, at least the chapters and events running up to this arc points that way. But we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Why Frieren was on the assassination list when she isn't related to the magic association is a bit weird though, since I don't think their relation of Frieren being Serie's apprentice's apprentice is known to the public.
We just have to wait and see how it plays out I guess. But if their enemies are humans, I guess that's also one of the reasons Übel was the first choice of the first class mages.
I have inkling she's in the list because she simply can upset the balance of power. . ~~himmel probably in the list too, but he already ded~~

Dex-chan lover
What kind of ridiculous stretch is that? Even for specs ops that's a ridiculous conclusion to reach on a basis of absolutely nothing at all.
Did you see the panel showing the exact image what's actually happened? Seems like it was to show us he has that kind of power.

Dex-chan lover
Looking at the pin and deducing that it was stolen was quite bit of a stretch considering it was on the fucking ground and obviously dropped.

Also seeing how a legit psychopath like Ubel is so popular, is it a massive "i can fix her" situation among the fandom?
That bottom panel at page 13 is supposed to be flashback that played in his head, so it's probably some kind of magic he have.

another one with a MUH fascism, even though neoliberalism ends up being neofeudalism which is exactly what this is except old feudalism,
especially the whole part with companies controlling the northern territories etc and aristocrats having lots of power, of course in a real fascist government Nobel classes won't exist and things would be mixed between state and market economy but everything would have to be allocated efficiently for the strength of the nation something that seems very unlikely here due to how incompetent everything is run

Dayum, the threat of demons is perceived to be "mostly over", thus... it's time for humans to kill each other, yaaaaaay
thats why its always stupid as fuck to blame psychopaths or whatever for violent conflict or whatever,
it is almost always the most moral the most self rightous people in history that kill the most and cause the most destruction

Users who are viewing this thread