Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 127 - Retrieval Mission

Fed-Kun's army
well they do produce cat ear back in the day huh well i take it nonetheless
image.png
rare Stark W

Double-page supporter
Poor Frieren, isn't a 1st class mage but have to do their job since Fern is with her without any reward.

I wonder if the Empire's are motives are somehow related with Flame and her relationships with both Frieren and Sense.

So it is a power struggle. There is still some missing points about the real motivation of the shadow guys and what they want to accomplish. Imperial mages are not necessarily on their side, from my understanding of the dialogue.

But the disrespect to the hero party is still odd (the statues were the first hints). Maybe the power balance was disrupted when the demon king was killed, so there might be some kind of resentment because some people were benefiting from the demon king era and now want to regain it.

I understand for Serie, but it is a bit sad to target Frieren, since she has zero incentive to cause any harm to any power structure. She just want to discover folklore and enjoy bits of life.

There is also Denken. He is (was ?) an imperial mage and is now a first class mage under Serie. He was helped to save his hometown and gain a really powerful spell. I still wonder what would be his allegiance in pratice because we don't really know where the imperial mages goes in the power structure. But I find it hard for him to go against Serie and Frieren.

Last point, I don't think Serie would be killed, it does not really match the manga style from my point of view. She probably has the power to destroy a whole region if she feels to, though. But let's see.

Or they just think that they're threats to the Empire's reign even though they couldn't care less about political power struggles?
I don't know if having a spy in their ranks for the past 15 years is caring less about their political power struggles. But of course we don't know the full reason as to why the Empire wants Serie and Frieren dead. Could just be to set back the CMA to a state where they could never challenge the Empire should affairs change. Or it could be personal grudges held by someone up high. Only time will tell I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Like someone already said. I think the Empire doesn't truly understand who they are facing. Serie is the most powerful mage in existence, and by a great margin (for what we know). But she didn't killed the Demon King cause she wasn't able to visualise herself in a world of peace. She is made for war and battle. Even if she was inactive and a pseudo-ermite since the creation of the Empire, she think at lest partially that magic is a tool of war.
I think the Empire see her like great sage with great power but not like the destructive force she can be. I'm going to love seeing the story unravel.

Dex-chan lover
Twitter artist bait. Excellent choice tbh.
I honestly think that the Frieren author/artist are putting in well known twitter manga references to increase hype. Both this and when Stark carried both Frieren and Fern were used in viral twitter memes recently. Or just to be funny, I don't know.

That Linear and Kanone are the same person could be likely, as she's a first class mage and these guards should be at the same level as a first class mage. Hair length and color, and their height and body attributes seem somewhat similar. But we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Meo

Double-page supporter
Hm...people's demon theory might hold.

Remember that Demon that walked away (in the past, who's name I forgotten) but she did say she wasn't good at "fighting" so it's conceivable that she has a mental/psychic ability. She technically only has to control one person in power to command the Shadow Military, since they seem to just do as they're told, no questions asked.

At least I hope the Empire isn't evil

Dex-chan lover
Hm...people's demon theory might hold.

Remember that Demon that walked away (in the past, who's name I forgotten) but she did say she wasn't good at "fighting" so it's conceivable that she has a mental/psychic ability. She technically only has to control one person in power to command the Shadow Military, since they seem to just do as they're told, no questions asked.

At least I hope the Empire isn't evil
Tod/Tot was taking about a curse that would engulf the planet in about 100 years time from when Frieren traveled back in time and about 20 years from now at the present. It could be, but I think that's for something into the future.

Users who are viewing this thread