Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 126 - A New Mission

Dex-chan lover
"No frieren next week"

It has been awhile since übel's appearance. AND THERE IS A BREAK? DO NOT DO THIS TO ME. CURSE YOU FOUR EYES. AHHHHJJJHHHHHHHHHAHAGAGWYUWWUIWJWJABDBDDHDJDJDJJDDJSJ CHIKUSHOOOOOOOOO MY AXE OR STAFF CANNOT BEAR ANOTHER WEEK OF NO UBEL. END MY SUFFERING. HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SOUL TRACK QHHHHSHJSSIIWIWWJWJJWWJ

:notlikethis:

Edit:
Also, I don't know what old english is or deep vocabulary but somehow understood it. I never googled them but because it is often used on some rpg I play (like fire emblem) or medieval settings, I got so used to it that I read it like it is part of the common english language. If I become proficient at jp, I am sure my inner monologue will automatically translate it to common english either way. Same to what my head does to my native one. Honestly, better than Harle's from chrono cross in localization. I barely understand her becauae she speaks old french or something. That was the only time I thought that localization is awful.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
These guys don't really fit in. At least the threat they seemingly pose. There are mages hundreds if not thousands years of age and these guys (or with similar martial provess) never been utilized against any of these mages? Since they are apperently scared shitless and pretty easy to kill as the old fart demonstrated last chapter. No mage would live past 30 with them around.

Also for someone who is so detacted from worldly affairs after the subjugation, its fairly easy to drag Frieren in to any sort of plan for some reason.
Are you living in Frieren world so naturally you know that these guys have never been utilized against mages?
The "easy kill" of the old fart, you mean the one where he had to spend like 70 fking years to build absolute trust from people around the villages, blending in completely, camping there in order to kill a few targets? That's the worst record ever.
We also don't know if Shadow warriors were just Empire's specialty cuisine or not.
Did you also conveniently forget that humans have been in war with demons for like several thousands years until Himmel killed the DK? Why would these Shadow warriors gaf about mages from a thousand years ago when they had demons problem back then?

Dex-chan lover
I feel like my english improved just reading this chapter. Its pretty insane how this manga is on a weekly release schedule
Your vocabulary may have improved, but the chapter has several grammatical errors, and oftentimes the dialogue comes across as unnatural. I appreciate the scanlation, but this needed a good proofreader.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Übel really finds Land to be very interesting where as Fern to be very boring, both land and Fern seem emotionless and monotonous yet Übel finds land far more interesting..
It’s funny to see Freiren continue to pick on Stark more and more with each chapter like an elder sister and Fern becoming more kinder to Stark is quite adorable..I am wonderfing if we are heading towards the end of the series? We have the shadow Assassins/warriors plot right now and then the only plot remaining would be reaching the demon king’s castle.. the pacing of the manga has been very fast and yet it some how works..

Dex-chan lover
That or demons.
Wouldn't surprise me that much, if the empire had some hidden demon enclave within it. Especially considering that the first thing Macht and Solitär aimed at was breaking the barrier around the Empire after being freed.

A bit hard to believe given how the demons have been shown (proud about their mana level and tends to get hands-on) would manage to hatch this unreliable plan of randomly spreading out these mana-less trained warriors with hit list in hope of killing their hated enemies.

I'm considering the scenario where Serie cannot be beaten in single combat and the Empire has a genuine way to threaten Serie's life.... would it be recruiting a bunch of highly talented magical children and strapping suicide vests on them, then sending them over to coddle up to Serie because she can't resist seeing talent wasted and they pull the pin.

I have the feeling the author was watching the anime and went "Oh yeah, I introduced these characters before! shit i better use them"
You will be surprised to know that the entire context and action... in the second test in the anime have been approved by the author to avoid deviations in the character's strength, so the interaction of Ubel x Land in the anime is the author's intention to prepare for a new arc in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
"can't read english", "should've listened to english class"
People talk about the TL's always having been like this, but like, this one really felt out of place in my opinion compared to the rest. Like, it really took me out of it.
Maybe because the the less formal talking characters are also talking formal in this one? Like, Fern and Frieren have always talked like that from my memory but I remembered that Ubel and Stark talking a lot more casually before. I probably need a refresher though.

Aggregator gang
Wouldn't it be simpler for Serie-sama to just use "clone magic"? She already knows and masters all the magic known to humans, throughout time~:nyoron:💦
Thks for the translation~
Maybe, but her ego would not let her.

Don't know if it got mentioned here; but we still yet to see whats the after effect of Frieren went back to the past and got find out by the demons.
Shadow warriors might as well be cause by it.

Dex-chan lover
Imperial Empire killing a bunch of first class mages? We never heard of this before innit

Dex-chan lover
If you want a good free VPN I would recommend you try Proton VPN. Yes you have to set up an account, but it's free and the connection on the available networks are limitless and there are a decent amount of free destinations.
That was actually the one I was referencing, they've removed your choice of picking your destionation, so it has lost one of the most important features it had. I used it to get VPN access in Japan to buy stuff that wasn't available outside of Japan for some reason, and now it doesn't work anymore. Though most of that is now available for international buyers so it's not that big of a deal anymore, but now I can't use it for reading viz chapters.

Edit: I actually checked and my account still had that option. Looks like it's just new accounts that haven't got the option to select Japan, US, or Europe. Probably should've checked instead of just taken it for granted I guess. Though I guess it's not going to stay this way forever, I'll probably be forced over to the new plan eventually.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ubel not in her casual clother? No pits?🥺
Author and artist probably say all of the armpit responses on the internet and decided to get her a coat to cover up her pits :kek:

I honestly found it kind of funny and very Fern.
It was amusing/interesting for some of it (mostly Fern and Frieren), but Stark just felt wrong, and chunks of the Land/Ubel conversions just felt super odd and straight up didn't make sense in places (Ubel entering his house)

if you cant grasp then you should've attended your english class more
I could understand (most of) the chapter, but that doesn't make it good. Stark would never talk like that, it's just jarringly out of character and strange. Tbh nobody would talk like a fair number of these lines. (and yeah, no, you cannot say that some of that Ubel/Land conversation wasn't just translated wrong, like when Ubel entered the house suddenly)

Aggregator gang
Stark gets hard counter by nimble warriors and assassins since he uses that big ass axe that he carries on his back. If start using a sword he would be more nimble but he is a tank and tanks are characteristically immobile and slow.

Dex-chan lover
Lol

The power system in Frieren keeps getting better and better

A shadow warrior was able to no diff Frieren last week, and we are told in this chapter that even Serie could possibly have trouble if a skilled warrior was to attack her at close quarters by surprise

Even though in an open fight she would destroy them with nothing more than mana blasts, If she gets sneaked in close quarters she might even lose!

This highlights the role of warriors in a party!
Well, if you only have 2 classes Then usually the warrior wins. If the only deciding factor is the matter of range, so it's only an efficiency question if long range prevails over CQC.

If you take a Moba, the RPS is basically Assassin (Explosive DPS) > Mage (Consistent DPS) > Warrior (High health, gets kited by mages but outdamages assassins in CQC) > Assassin

Users who are viewing this thread