Medusa Dorei o Katta - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Apparently chocolate as the white day gift means the same as giving back the gift you received, since the actual Valentine's day gift is always chocolate. Returning the gift isn't considered a good sign.

Of the ordinary options, cookies are the easiest to make. You basically can't fail at making at least basic cookies, unless you are a legendary manga character. Maybe that's why they are the "easy way out", the let's just stay as friends option.

If you make chocolate at home, it usually means reshaping and giving it extra flavours if you want to. As far as I know, few really makes chocolate from scratch at home (using raw cocoa solids, cocoa butter, etc). There are some risks already at melting chocolate but nothing outlandish.

I have sometimes pondered about making marshmallows, but the process is pretty precise and not necessarily what I'd call invitingly easy. Marshmallows are cheap to buy and it seems unlikely you'd get better results at home without a lot of practice. Though maybe I should check out Youtube videos before making a lot of assumptions.

I haven't really had any interest in making ordinary hard sugar candies or wine gums. You get a thousand varieties from stores already, much better you could ever dream of making yourself, so it seems pointless. Fudge, however, is pretty interesting. It's not super complicated, though it does require temperature control. I also have no idea why it sometimes fails (large crystals), sometimes doesn't, which is quite intriguing.

Dex-chan lover
Meaning of return gifts at white day:
  • Marshmallow = lack of interest at best and outright rejection at worst
  • Cookies = platonic friendship
  • Macarons = special friend
  • Candies / white chocolate = requited love / mutual romantic feelings
Bro's gift basically meant that he love her too.

Dex-chan lover
. . .

I haven't really had any interest in making ordinary hard sugar candies or wine gums. You get a thousand varieties from stores already, much better you could ever dream of making yourself, so it seems pointless. Fudge, however, is pretty interesting. It's not super complicated, though it does require temperature control. I also have no idea why it sometimes fails (large crystals), sometimes doesn't, which is quite intriguing.
If you are making Fudge from scratch, it is the same reason Caramel can fail, the sugars crystalize. Usually caused by a nucleation site being made in the 'pan' as it comes to temp. Otherwise you may be getting the fudge too hot so it stays in the temperature range where the sugars form crystals. If you've ever tried to make homemade caramel, you can see similar things happen.

Dex-chan lover
Meaning of return gifts at white day:
  • Marshmallow = lack of interest at best and outright rejection at worst
  • Cookies = platonic friendship
  • Macarons = special friend
  • Candies / white chocolate = requited love / mutual romantic feelings
Bro's gift basically meant that he love her too.
well...both alrdy done it also...so it strange if he dont have romantic feeling on her

Dex-chan lover
If you make chocolate at home, it usually means reshaping and giving it extra flavours if you want to. As far as I know, few really makes chocolate from scratch at home (using raw cocoa solids, cocoa butter, etc). There are some risks already at melting chocolate but nothing outlandish.

I have sometimes pondered about making marshmallows, but the process is pretty precise and not necessarily what I'd call invitingly easy. Marshmallows are cheap to buy and it seems unlikely you'd get better results at home without a lot of practice. Though maybe I should check out Youtube videos before making a lot of assumptions.
Chocolate tends to scorch pretty easily if you're just using a pan. You need a double boiler, it uses steam as an indirect heat source to melt it without letting it get to hot or you could just use a microwave set to mid-low.

For the marshmallow it's more of a mess than anything. At the very least you'll need a hand mixer but I'd recommend a stand mixer. If you cook/bake a lot and don't have a stand mixer get one they're worth it.
Here's a fairly simple one to try out. Also one time when I was out of light corn syrup and was to lazy to go to the store, I subbed in maple syrup. It worked out pretty nicely.

Dex-chan lover
If you are making Fudge from scratch, it is the same reason Caramel can fail, the sugars crystalize. Usually caused by a nucleation site being made in the 'pan' as it comes to temp. Otherwise you may be getting the fudge too hot so it stays in the temperature range where the sugars form crystals. If you've ever tried to make homemade caramel, you can see similar things happen.
Yes, the instructions always state what will lead to a failure, but when I'm using the same recipe, doing it the same way (as far as I can remember), yet occasionally, if rarely, I get a coarse end result, it feels like a mystery. Obviously I did something differently, but I don't know what it was.

Dex-chan lover
Even more evidence that she can clearly see somehow even with the blindfold on.

Probably as some fans have theorized, she can see through her snake hair.

Users who are viewing this thread