Torima Minshuku Yadori-teki na! - Ch. 7 - What is a Gyaruo?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation (I'd go out with the uni girl. I'd like some a little quiet to play JRPGs together with. And she seems like she meets that criteria. Also I won't say to glasses and big boobs 😌).

Fed-Kun's army
So imma just go ahead and predict that these two will not get together, she will just tease him every now and then, have a few moments here and there, we‘ll have 50 chapters dedicated to other girls who like mister vanilla mc, and the he gets with the classmate. Because God forbid any gyaru manga follows a unique narrative
Seems to me that she'll probably go gyaru herself in some way to reinvent herself and then it'll get his attention.

Dex-chan lover
Uni girl seems like an intentional homage to author's own MC from Strike or Gutter.

Dex-chan lover
Too bad girl, I wish it WAS u but unfortunately u gotta contend with a gyaru. U have no chance

what happened to the manga? It was canceled or on hiatus, it's been a long time since a new chapter came out

Contributor
I feel for Miya. She'd be a fine heroine in another manga, but she's totally outgunned by the competition here (mainly because Youichi is clearly into older girls). Maybe I'll go against the flow and root for her... heresy I know, but she's my type anyway (please don't become another kuro gyaru) and I love underdogs. I know full well she's practically fated to lose (no title heroine buff), but that never stopped me from supporting other losing heroines all these years.

Hana not winning would seem like a betrayal of the premise (that never ends well with fans) so I'm pretty sure she's the endgame here, not Miya. This manga just screams gyaru onee-san at every point, would the gyaru onee-san not win? If the mangaka wanted to torpedo his manga, maybe.

So Hana hates gyaruos. Did she or another gyaru she knew have a bad experience with them? Come to think of it, I've never really seen a "gyaruo" MC before, even in the spicy stuff where these guys tend to show up, they're always villains. Even in that reincarnation one, he's aware he's the villain and he's only the male lead as the twist of the premise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread