Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 2.2

Aggregator gang
If they had the alternative that the oh so lovely Bakwan mentions, plenty of them would notice the difference.
One of the roots of the problem is that I'm not sure this is true and there's no easy way to tell - for translators there's not really a great way to verify how many people are reading your chapter. At the moment there's really only one kind of feedback that gives you any way to tell, and that's the number of comments/views on the chapter's thread. And that will inevitably be the highest for whoever releases first because you'll get the initial kneejerk reactions - that's the whole reason you get snipes in the first place. Like it sucks that it all boils down to E N G A G E M E N T but that's the internet.

You could add a likes/dislikes counter, but I suspect that would be somewhat against the spirit of the site and its intent to be a neutral repository.

Last edited:
Group Leader
There is absolutely a way to verify the translation is bad, namely how the English is barely held together by duct tape. Like it's actually incomprehensible sometimes. Don't need to know what the original says, if someone can't even write in the language they're translating to there's no shot they're capable of a decent translation regardless of their comprehension of the native language (which also seems to be zero in this case as proven in other chapters done by this scanlator where they can't even get the names of the characters right in the same chapter).

People are only supporting this translation because either their English is just as bad so they don't notice the glaring flaws or they really have no standards. Either way Bakwan should have dropped this the moment a much better translation appeared. Since they didn't they're clearly either a troll or just don't care about the quality of their work, maybe a bit of both.

Dex-chan lover
tbh, i read your warning on the first page, and then i finished the chapter and forgot entirely that you said it was done with MTL. I didn't notice anything, you did fine haha
MTL is not the issue, the issue with using JUST MTL and not doing any correction is what makes MTL shite cuz you need a human to correct the grammar mistakes

Dex-chan lover
I love giving people benefit of doubt in good faith and getting shit for it.

Fair, but you could prove your point through action. Most readers don't check comments, plenty probably won't even notice that your version is gone from MD. If they had the alternative that the oh so lovely Bakwan mentions, plenty of them would notice the difference. I guess we should thank you for not dropping the series entirely, and for not pressing the big red button and deleting all your stuff from here, but it will sound shallow coming from me, considering how I've given you shit before.

Okay, I'm two steps from being convinced you're just trolling.
and your just an ass to him now? if you LITERALY don’t wanna help with the translation just buzz off like that entitled manchild that thinks he can tell others to “fuck off” and “never translate” our of PURE SPITE and HUGE EGO STROKING and nothing more!

this is not even an official website to translate any one can try if they wanna this garbage idea of sniping, wasn’t him first at all

Aggregator gang
There is absolutely a way to verify the translation is bad, namely how the English is barely held together by duct tape.
Sorry, to be clear, I'm responding more to the idea that people will move over TLs and read a 'better' translation over a 'faster' one. There are people who will absolutely do that, but that's not really something a translator can see, it's not easily reflected in the level of engagement or comments you get, where the faster TL inevitably gets more comments. And that can really suck for motivation, which is completely understandable.

Edited my post to make that more clear, I was never commented on verifying the quality of a translation.

Dex-chan lover
There is absolutely a way to verify the translation is bad, namely how the English is barely held together by duct tape. Like it's actually incomprehensible sometimes. Don't need to know what the original says, if someone can't even write in the language they're translating to there's no shot they're capable of a decent translation regardless of their comprehension of the native language (which also seems to be zero in this case as proven in other chapters done by this scanlator where they can't even get the names of the characters right in the same chapter).

People are only supporting this translation because either their English is just as bad so they don't notice the glaring flaws or they really have no standards. Either way Bakwan should have dropped this the moment a much better translation appeared. Since they didn't they're clearly either a troll or just don't care about the quality of their work, maybe a bit of both.
and your lot standard is being rabbid dogs that shite on people because?!?!?! garbage reasons like inflated egos and sense of superiority and immaturity, i always notice how garbage the personality of unofficial translation groups are! like this ain’t the first time

Aggregator gang
and your lot standard is being rabbid dogs that shite on people because?!?!?! garbage reasons like inflated egos and sense of superiority and immaturity, i always notice how garbage the personality of unofficial translation groups are! like this ain’t the first time
I wrote a whole essay on what the translator needs to work on and why its reasons for being put up are suspect. I know it wasn't the first post in the thread, though, so you probably didn't see it

Group Leader
Shit on people? My entire comment is calling this translation bad. Which it is. Objectively. I didn't insult anyone. (Not that I expect someone who unironically says "MTL is not the issue" to get this but alas)

I also only said Bakwan should have dropped this, because someone who cares about the series they work on usually respects an objectively better translation. They could be working on other manga with no active translations.

Instead many readers of this manga will now only get the bad translation because, sadly, most readers read on scraper sites that only grab the first available translation from here, meaning, for many, their only experience with this work will be an incomprehensible translation that will inevitably and negatively affect their perception and enjoyment of the work, and that's the biggest shame of shoddy unnecessary translations like this.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Shit on people? My entire comment is calling this translation bad. Which it is. Objectively. I didn't insult anyone. (Not that I expect someone who unironically says "MTL is not the issue" to get this but alas)

I also only said Bakwan should have dropped this, because someone who cares about the series their work on usually respects an objectively better translation. They could be working on other manga with no active translations.

Instead many readers of this manga will now only get the bad translation because, sadly, most readers read on scraper sites that only grab the first available translation from here, meaning, for many, their only experience with this work will be an incomprehensible translation that will inevitably and negatively affect their perception and enjoyment of the work, and that's the biggest shame of shoddy unnecessary translations like this.

Yeah, this is it. It's not like I'm too good to read a bad TL if there's no alternative, but if there's already an experienced scanlator working on a series, rushing bad TL out just makes the series look bad with no benefits. Especially so early when most readers (including me) are still feeling out the voice and vibes of the series. Like my first impression with this manga is that it has a mangled script, even though I know it's probably not the original author's fault. Even the drawings start to look worse when the script is so dodgy.

Dex-chan lover
and your just an ass to him now? if you LITERALY don’t wanna help with the translation just buzz off like that entitled manchild that thinks he can tell others to “fuck off” and “never translate” our of PURE SPITE and HUGE EGO STROKING and nothing more!

this is not even an official website to translate any one can try if they wanna this garbage idea of sniping, wasn’t him first at all
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...bawareru-hanashi-ch-2-1.1656258/post-20742592
this you being an ass to someone?

Group Leader
Honestly everybody should be hating on MTL translated works. Any bilingual or multiligual people here would understand why. I can understand Kirin's frustrations. It's rather jarring to learn that most manga readers just don't care about the quality of translation. But I guess they can't as the only way to do it is to compare the Japanese text to the original. Most translators including myself grew up reading fan scanlated manga, and a lot of us do it for the love and to give back to the community. But it's hard not to be jaded when you realise how things are.

It's up to you to help me correct my translation. If anyone wants to help me, I'm very grateful, if not, that's fine.
Udah, stick ke bahasa indonesia aja dulu, masih 1 chapter dia. Sambil belajar lagi bahasa inggrisnya. Lagi pula ada translator EN lain yang garap ini, kan? Because I've seen MTLs that are better than this.

"I'm a shitty translator, but it's not my job to do better, it's yours". Yeah sure.

You know there's better out there, but you keep on ruining this for some unknown reason (probably bc some ppl suck your dick).

Since you insist on shitting all over the place and people seem to be delighted to eat it, I give up.

I'll post this series only on Dynasty. Call me an elitist if you want, but they at least have standards and don't allow MTL on their site.

I'll delete my chapters from here. MTL enjoyers can have their meal since they don't care about a better version and prefer to suck MTL diarrhea out of Bakwan's asshole.
How many god damn comments does it take for you to realize harrassment like this is just going to get your account deleted. Your translations do not fucking matter you are worse then they are because you are doing shit like this.

I take it as a personal insult when someone massacres a good yuri work with MTL and bad English, even more so when I'm translating it myself, but they just so happen to be in a closer timezone when the raws are released and they hurry to release it.

They have been at it on other series for months and yet didn't improve in the slightest. Still bad translation and bad English. Didn't fix any mistakes either. So I respond in kind by insulting them.

I've no obligation to provide a better alternative here.

People made their bed and will have to lie on it.

That isn't a justification for harrassment that's just a excuse

Honestly everybody should be hating on MTL translated works. Any bilingual or multiligual people here would understand why. I can understand Kirin's frustrations. It's rather jarring to learn that most manga readers just don't care about the quality of translation. But I guess they can't as the only way to do it is to compare the Japanese text to the original. Most translators including myself grew up reading fan scanlated manga, and a lot of us do it for the love and to give back to the community. But it's hard not to be jaded when you realise how things are.
There's a difference between being Jaded and repeated harrassment of a user.

No I am supporting this translation because of the fact it's far better then basically blackmailing a translator to stop translating via harrassment and threats of harrassment

Power Uploader
Don't worry for them. They won. I won't be releasing anything they touch here. They can keep on """translating""" whatever they want.

Also, please, blacklist my group here and stop reading any of my releases.

They're obviously not up to your standards. They probably use too many complicated words.

Thanks.

Don't worry for them. They won. I won't be releasing anything they touch here. They can keep on """translating""" whatever they want.

Also, please, blacklist my group here and stop reading any of my releases.

They're obviously not up to your standards. They probably use too many complicated words.

Thanks.
Will do I like when my content is created by people who treat others with a basic level of respect.

Users who are viewing this thread