The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Ch. 169 - The Girl That Slipped Right Into Rentarou’s Family

Fed-Kun's army
Then we’re not talking about the same thing at all. I could be wrong but I believe it’s in the bonuses for the range of chapters including the one where Rentarou meets God for the second time since the beginning, and god sincerely thanks him for taking care of them all.

In the bonus chapter for this chapter, I clearly recall a panel with god turning his back on Rentarou, sweating, where he straight-up admits that the 100 rejections were a blunder from him as well.
There is NO bonus chapter about that.

Only a main chapter, chapter 85, where Rentarou have a second serious conversation with Love God. It's the chapter that address why Rentarou did not tell his girlfriends about the 100 Soulmates situation.

The only bonus chapter regarding the rejections is the first one, chapter 5.5, where Rentarou told us about his many rejections and how it affect him.

Last edited:
Custom title
Staff
Developer
There is NO bonus chapter about that.

Only a main chapter, chapter 85, where Rentarou have a second serious conversation with Love God. It's the chapter that address why Rentarou did not tell his girlfriends about the 100 Soulmates situation.
They're talking about the volume 10 bonus page for that chapter: https://mangadex.org/chapter/3c593f87-4932-42ea-8316-6c96d8f51d1b/12

The "deluge of rejections" was "gomennasai rush" in Japanese, referring to the flashback in the chapter with all the girls rejecting him by apologizing. Otherwise he's unambiguously calling it his fault.

For what it's worth from what I remember there's nothing saying he had to be rejected 100 times specifically, it just works thematically. Regardless, I personally find arguing about these kinds of specifics in a gag comedy romcom series that clearly didn't put all that much thought into its opening premise (especially since it was essentially abandoned by chapter 3) kind of unfruitful.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
They're talking about the volume 10 bonus page for that chapter: https://mangadex.org/chapter/3c593f87-4932-42ea-8316-6c96d8f51d1b/12

The "deluge of rejections" was "gomennasai rush" in Japanese, referring to the flashback in the chapter with all the girls rejecting him by apologizing. Otherwise he's unambiguously calling it his fault.

For what it's worth from what I remember there's nothing saying he had to be rejected 100 times specifically, it just works thematically. Regardless, I personally find arguing about these kinds of specifics in a gag comedy romcom series that clearly didn't put all that much thought into its opening premise (especially since it was essentially abandoned by chapter 3) kind of unfruitful.
So that's where the other guy got their argument from.

But well, my point still hold that you still can interpret that as 100 rejections being the side effect of having 100 soulmates simultaneously and the Love God simply admitting that perhaps this will not happen if Rentarou had only 1 soulmate like others normally.

As for debating for canons of a fictional story, it honestly depends on how consistent it is to its own logic. IMO despite being a gagrom, 100 Girlfriends is actually pretty logical and consistent when it comes to its own canonicity, thus i think it's worth to argue about specifics to make sure any misunderstanding can be ironed out early before it become a common misconception among casual readers.
For example, you said the manga drops its own premise after chapter 3, i take it you're talking about the death penalty? Well, it's actually not. The very chapter the bonus page you brought up is for literally explained why the "death penalty" thing is put at the backburner, and occasionally you can see glimpses at how death will come for some of the girlfriends if they didn't work out well with Rentarou:
-Hakari almost fall to her death,
-Kusuri almost got kidnapped by the evil organization that targets her,
-Tama is fine with being starved to death if Rentarou didn't "pick her up",
-Kiki almost got run over by Athlete Club the moment she "rejects" Rentarou.

Last edited:
So that's where the other guy got their argument from.

But well, my point still hold that you still can interpret that as 100 rejections being the side effect of having 100 soulmates simultaneously and the Love God simply admitting that perhaps this will not happen if Rentarou had only 1 soulmate like others normally.

As for debating for canons of a fictional story, it honestly depends on how consistent it is to its own logic. IMO despite being a gagrom, 100 Girlfriends is actually pretty logical and consistent when it comes to its own canonicity, thus i think it's worth to argue about specifics to make sure any misunderstanding can be ironed out early before it become a common misconception among casual readers.
For example, you said the manga drops its own premise after chapter 3, i take it you're talking about the death penalty? Well, it's actually not. The very chapter the bonus page you brought up is for literally explained why the "death penalty" thing is put at the backburner, and occasionally you can see glimpses at how death will come for some of the girlfriends if they didn't work out well with Rentarou:
-Hakari almost fall to her death,
-Kusuri almost got kidnapped by the evil organization that targets her,
-Tama is fine with being starved to death if Rentarou didn't "pick her up",
-Kiki almost got run over by Athlete Club the moment she "rejects" Rentarou.
I didn't really care that much, I just wanted to confirm whether or not my memories were accurate

Users who are viewing this thread