Mi-chan wa Kawaretai - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - A Pathetic Excuse For a Man

Fed-Kun's army
There is a typo on page 13. “He only person who can track her gps is our brother” should be “the”

Dex-chan lover
That ain't a siscon. That's a brother who really cares. Yall forget that Mi-Chan was kidnapped BEFORE. He has the right to be paranoid af. Natsume also mostly just sees her as a cat for most. Not much question on who she is overall and why she's like that. It does bring the question on who he really is as a person as well. 27 y/o and still working in a convenience store with not much mention on his hobby or his dreams. This just shows Natsume has a lot more to grow, and I'm excited for that honestly
Agreed 100%
I'd be wary as hell if my sis had already been kidnapped before.

Dex-chan lover
Ikr, it felt so satisfying that the brother said all of that. Like bro, at least learn something about her not keep silent and talking to yourself!
I agree, but have a problem with this. Isn't, or rather wasn't, she mostly in cat form when he was around? Kinda hard to learn about someone when you can't talk to them most of the time.
Secondly, only recently has he had ANY interest in her human form. If I remember correctly (admittedly a big if) he originally had no interest in the human female who suddenly appeared in his house and really only tolerated her because of her cat form.

So, yes, brother has a point. But the MC shouldn't really be taking flack for a relationship that basically dropped on his lap and refused to leave... until he decided to participate.

Dex-chan lover
I agree, but have a problem with this. Isn't, or rather wasn't, she mostly in cat form when he was around? Kinda hard to learn about someone when you can't talk to them most of the time.
Secondly, only recently has he had ANY interest in her human form. If I remember correctly (admittedly a big if) he originally had no interest in the human female who suddenly appeared in his house and really only tolerated her because of her cat form.

So, yes, brother has a point. But the MC shouldn't really be taking flack for a relationship that basically dropped on his lap and refused to leave... until he decided to participate.
They are living under same ceiling by 1 month ... or was 2 weeks?
Oh well, the important
1) there isnt cat boy
2) yep, the MC only was interesed with girls when meet with the manager
3) there isnt a reason why michan tf cat 1 hour before the sunset, is only because the fever or soemthing is bad with the human time?
4) the problem with Michan is that without the MC, she will need to find and select a human asap, what is the bro plan?

Dex-chan lover
he wasn't wrong but he wasn't right either
Agree, Natsume was taken to a river trip when mi-chan randomly decides to hike. Something that he could not prepare for as a guest of the manager lady or in general. If I was in that situation I wouldn't have done much better than bundle her up and ran for help.

He's an assistant manager which is a generally respectable position for someone who currently has no direction in life. He owns a place and has a stable job. He literally is in a good position to support Mi-chan.

Granted Natsume does need to take control of his life but Mi-chan has been helping him in that aspect. Also he needs to find out more about mi-chan but that is what time with her would do.

Plus bro kidnapped her because he had GPS. If I had the GPS I would have caught bro. Or called the cops and had him arrested for kidnapping. Seriously flawed logic.

Dex-chan lover
That ain't a siscon. That's a brother who really cares. Yall forget that Mi-Chan was kidnapped BEFORE. He has the right to be paranoid af. Natsume also mostly just sees her as a cat for most. Not much question on who she is overall and why she's like that. It does bring the question on who he really is as a person as well. 27 y/o and still working in a convenience store with not much mention on his hobby or his dreams. This just shows Natsume has a lot more to grow, and I'm excited for that honestly
Exactly. Most people if they had a younger sibling they genuinely cared about wouldn't act much different irl. 'Siscon' has got nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
If I were Natsume-san, then being kicked and given several death threats (if we start from “don't call her by her nickname or I'll kill you” over such minor thing as a nickname, then naturally “don't act like her owner” and “don't you dare show yourself in front of my sisters ever again” should also read “or I'll kill you” between the lines, and these are not a mere figure of speech because a GPS-driven stalker is not the same slightly overprotective brother figure that you see in other manga) would in turn provoke and instill in me a strong hatred towards the whole half-cat race or at least this particular family.

Then, if I were Natsume-san (and thus a kind Japanese person without any wealth and influence), I nevertheless would not feel willing to self-sacrifice for the purpose of some one-man war driven by such hatred for the rest of my life (such as planning how I'd kill Mi-chan in her sleep if she ever returns to me and how then I'd go after her sister Tamaki and then into a life-long hiding before their brother can retaliate and kill me). That would be insane. But I'd definitely stay the fuck away and try rationally explaining to the cat café manager and warn her that keeping such pet may eventually bring her some hardship in the future once she does anything that amounts to (unwillingly) provoking the pet's brother.

The most interesting turn of events at this point is if angered Natsume-san meets the man behinds the real kidnapping attempt and then that man tells his story of being wronged by the half-cat race. Then they both may form a core of some future anti-half-cat rebellion.

An equally interesting turn of events is for the real kidnapper to be Nathume's younger brother (seen in the 8th chapter). Their initial fondness of catgirls could be a hidden family trait (a trait not to be ever revealed if catgirls never existed), and in case of the younger brother that fondness could become an obsession and a driving force behind the attempted kidnapping.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Exactly. Most people if they had a younger sibling they genuinely cared about wouldn't act any different irl. 'Siscon' has got nothing to do wih it.
Yeah you're gonna have to fuck right on off with that 😂

Fed-Kun's army
They said if they have sex before the clock strikes 18 y.o., they become full humans. Brother seems a working adult, so he crossed that threshold by banging someone.
An interesting question is what the hell happened to his female owner then.

If he's so ready to utter “don't call her by her nickname or I'll kill you” now and so full of anger, then is it really a stretch to guess that he could have warned her “don't call me by my cat nickname or I'll kill you” only once and then she repeated that offence and he decided that a mere death threat would no longer suffice and he must act it out?

Could be a tradegy where the lady acts affectionately and out of love but the young man hates to be reminded that he ever was a helpness cat and then learns to hate her by extension, learns to hate her ownership as a form of slavery, starts to despise the fact that they fucked and to feel himself sullied, becomes very willing to undo that fact by something much stronger. And by the sheer force of his new hatred he becomes driven to need her blood on his hands, desperately, because only then he'd finally feel that he's no longer a cat, and that now he's not helpless and can do anything (even a murder, yay!), and than now he's a man, and than now he's ownerless and free, and that his bloody hands are ultimately human and will never again turn into paws, and that now he can literally cleanse his penis in her blood and become free from the guilt and the filth of her vagina and thus regain some lost chastity, etc.

Years later he understands that he might taste the same feelings again because one of his sisters also has an owner that is pathetic and thus that owner deserves much murderous hatred.

I have to admit that such interpretation of this character is heavily inspired by the movie “Cat People” (1982) where the brother character had, in fact, serious incestous intentions and also casually murdered women. (Not unlike Jack the Ripper, he is seen assaulting a random sex worker.) The difference in design is that the movie's werepanthers were not affected by daylight and that they could assume their own human form only by killing some human and that they could return to their panther form by having sex with a human (such setting in the movie is probably conjured under the influence of the word “pussy” sometimes meaning “female genitalia” in English, but such additional reference to the cats does not exist in Japanese and thus the manga's author must have had some other reason for its setting of having sex to become a human). But I still suspect that the manga's brother character, even if he never had the same physical necessity, could nevertheless mentally desire to kill his own owner lady (his human lover) in order to set himself free as a man.

We could also tread on the territory of “nobody said that cat sex is always heterosexual and consensual, why do I even assume that the brother's owner was a lady, what if that brother has always been a survivor of some horrible homosexual buck breaking that made him so mentally scarred that now he violently opposes Natsume just because Natsume is a man but the brother wants his sisters to have some gentle yuri awakening and thus it's fine for Tamaki to have a fine cat café lady (Ohsato Makio; her family name is first seen in chapter 7 and her given name in chapter 8) as Tamaki's owner and potential lover but Natsume and any other man is never okay” but that would be somewhat of a large stretch directly contradicting the manga. (After all, Tamaki in chapter 6 says “if we don't do it with a man by the time we reach adulthood” etc., and thus it is, in fact, implied that a cat girl cannot be made permanently human by having sex with a woman. The same premise about catgirls “if they don't sleep with a human male until they are 18, they'll turn into cats forever” is repeated on the cover of the 8th and the 10th and the 12th chapter.) The only advantage of this wild theory is that it would rationally offer us a better explanation of why Natsume is ordered “don't you dare show yourself in front of my sisters ever again” instead of just “don't you dare show yourself in front of Mio ever again” (if we assume that their brother wants Tamaki to settle on Ohsato Makio as her same-sex lover, than that brother would naturally want Natsume to end his human relationship with Makio and let Makio be sexually available for Tamaki).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The MC had no idea Mio would turn into a cat just because it was dark and not actually night time. Which is a fair point.

He should have been able to respond to crazy bro that hey Mio hasn't told me everything about herself and we are just starting to get to know each other.

Dex-chan lover
A simple, but fatal, flaw in brother's logic: Only he could track Mio so easily. Anyone else, including the person they mentioned, would have it much more difficult to find and approach them.
In short, brother was on "cheat mode" in that regard. And blames the MC for the result.

Quite cheaty indeed. Not very fair of him, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread