Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 7 - Precious Things

Dex-chan lover
I swear the tits get bigger and the proportions get weirder every chapter.

j7mmc55gna7.png

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I thought this was no longer being worked on by any group but I am glad it is back, and art seems to be 'finer' compared to the last chapter!
Nice to see the different POV. It seems that both the queen and the older sister still really cares for Valiere. Her being sent to handle the issue with the rogue noble is their way of giving her an opportunity to really prove herself as a retainer of the royal family and seeing that it was bigger than expected, they really are making an effort to make sure Valiere comes back alive.

Dex-chan lover
What surprises me more is that the Queen in the manga seems so concerned with her second daughter's well being, in the web novel it was portrayed rather the opposite (at least to my understanding), […]
Granted it was quite some time ago that I read the web novel so might have simply forgotten some parts? :unsure:
Like it is often the case, the manga is an adaptation of the light novel, not the web novel. As light novels are the second iteration of the story, the authors often change minor and sometimes major parts of the original WN.
So I would assume that the changes of the manga were already in the LN.

Dex-chan lover
To clarify a bit, since the WN has finished this chapter of the story quite clearly.

Caroline was the second daughter of the territory. She worked hard at her job, and in place of her sister and mother she did the "Frontier Lord's Duty" which is to serve as a military force in exterminating bandits or as border patrol. Before her Mother died it was basically the families expectation that Caroline would become the new Lord of her territory, but it instead went to her older sister.

Caroline was a popular figure, and to her knowledge had most of the vassals support, and expected a quick and relatively painless victory to win the succession by violence. So she attacked her home and was repelled by her family's guards. And since neither side actually killed the other sister, the situation spilled out and affected territories controlled by the Royal House.
They've forced bandits to join up and pillaged the Queen's personal territories, grab loot in an attempt to win favor in Willendorf.
Her Daughter was being hidden away by a Priest, and she believes was killed. She initially started her succession war for her Daughter, believing that Martina may be killed or otherwise harmed by her sister so their wouldn't be a future succession crisis.

I'll leave it at this for now, since the entire circus act should take a couple of more chapters to resolve, and a bit more of the situation will be explained.
Thank you for the more background clarifying.

Are you sure it's okay not to put it in spoiler mode?

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad this is getting picked up again. was reading the ln. but the OG translation team stopped. And the new LN translation is just confusing.

Dex-chan lover
Like it is often the case, the manga is an adaptation of the light novel, not the web novel. As light novels are the second iteration of the story, the authors often change minor and sometimes major parts of the original WN.
So I would assume that the changes of the manga were already in the LN.
I think they may just be remembering incorrectly. The Queen is shown to be worried for Valliere in the WN too. The manga is just playing it up a little more with the visuals. The WN definitely takes a more serious tone than the manga in general though.

Dex-chan lover
To clarify a bit, since the WN has finished this chapter of the story quite clearly.

Caroline was the second daughter of the territory. She worked hard at her job, and in place of her sister and mother she did the "Frontier Lord's Duty" which is to serve as a military force in exterminating bandits or as border patrol. Before her Mother died it was basically the families expectation that Caroline would become the new Lord of her territory, but it instead went to her older sister.

Caroline was a popular figure, and to her knowledge had most of the vassals support, and expected a quick and relatively painless victory to win the succession by violence. So she attacked her home and was repelled by her family's guards. And since neither side actually killed the other sister, the situation spilled out and affected territories controlled by the Royal House.
They've forced bandits to join up and pillaged the Queen's personal territories, grab loot in an attempt to win favor in Willendorf.
Her Daughter was being hidden away by a Priest, and she believes was killed. She initially started her succession war for her Daughter, believing that Martina may be killed or otherwise harmed by her sister so their wouldn't be a future succession crisis.

I'll leave it at this for now, since the entire circus act should take a couple of more chapters to resolve, and a bit more of the situation will be explained.
Will Caroline survive? I need the spoiler

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the more background clarifying.

Are you sure it's okay not to put it in spoiler mode?
Yeah, none of this is active and just poorly conveyed information that you'd have by this point in the story.
Will Caroline survive? I need the spoiler
Serious spoilers follow, please be aware.
Caroline is killed by our protagonist. As a reminder, Faust has killed many bandits and a very important person in the past (this is not new information, though the expanded importance of them will be). If you want a bit farther out about the details surrounding it, I can, but most of this arc going forward is focused on it.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, none of this is active and just poorly conveyed information that you'd have by this point in the story.
Probably the only thing that could be considered a spoiler is the family expectations part. We get that during Helma's audience with the Queen.

Fed-Kun's army
I found this one hard to understand, but things seems to be going crazy

Dex-chan lover
No.
She "WAS" a good lord. She "TREATED" her people well. (Past tense)
Neither her mother or big sister has ever done any Noble-worthy jobs for their people (she talks in this chapter)

So, for the "GREATER GOOD?", she planned to kill her big sister and take the Lord tittle (? mean questionable)
And then, the soldiers and knights who "Fake-supporting" her change their minds and Back-stabbing her. (Reason is unknown)

When her big sister reports everything to the Queen, everyone is thinking that "why didn't the big sister died instead"
The Queen even ask it in her face.

Now she became a Traitor / Criminal of the Kingdom. If she stays here, she and her subordinators will be hanged.
So she wanted to flee to Widendorf. And she needs a gift in order for Widendorf to accept her. She went and pillaged her own village, her citizen.
Ayy thanks my dude.
I guess I should've reread even more past chapters since I got so confused when this came out. Previous chapter doesn't help

Users who are viewing this thread