Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 8 - Big Gamble

Dex-chan lover
yea i remember now stupid people exist, too much overthinking i bet they just have number but didn't have strategiest but it could be fatal if underestimated enemies

Dex-chan lover
Horse scene was great, but I couldn't help but notice that the angle made it look like it has super stubby legs; it makes an otherwise imposing image (which it was supposed to be) kinda goofy. Still great, though.

Dex-chan lover

had this playing on my head when faust was going to town on that bunch.

Dex-chan lover
You are right but let's be honest. Faust alone is almost equal to half the army in might. if he doesn't get overwhelmed with extreme numbers I think he can solo the whole infantry tho those pesky crossbowmen will be an annoyance for him
I can imagine he stopped the whole army on top of a bridge as long as there's no archers nor ranged units

Dex-chan lover
every work ever when they have guy with big sword "omg guys its berserk"
I don't think it's that common a comparison, reality of the matter aside. It's not like people look at, say, Cloud Strife, and think Berserk-- even though I think that was the inspiration behind the Buster Sword.

Faust just kind of looks like Guts, and has his build. And now he's swinging a big sword and killing multiple people per swing, like Guts (I think he did this on horseback once, but the the horse he was riding couldn't withstand the force of the Dragonslayer's swings).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yaknow, i think most of us thought this was going to be another harem shenanigans series. I mean in a way it still is, but its going hard. And not in the giggity way.

If there is still some sense of confusion, the synopsis would go as follows: Faust et. al. eventually catch up with Caroline. They quickly realize that Caroline has the numerical advantage, despite Sabine recruiting a militia from the village. Caroline has the numerical advantage because of the Bandits which Caroline recruited prior to raiding the village.

The two carriages splitting up is an important part of the plot for this chapter and the following one. As others mentioned, Caroline put one of her own commanders in charge of the troops she left behind, with the direct order to impede their pursuers (thus slowing them down). Caroline is trying to reach the border of Willendorf with as many of her loyal troops as possible, since she wants to save them (knowing they will all die if they fail to escape). The ones left behind were left behind as a necessary sacrifice. A majority of those troops however, are untrained bandits and not battle hardened soldiers. Thus Faust is able to cut through them like a warm knife through butter after Helga (as the absolute GOAT that she is) spots the enemy commander and orders Faust's crossbowmen to snipe her.

There is still much carnage to be had, important to note that only Faust has so far entered the battle, and Princess Valiere and her guard, along with Helga and the village militia, will soon be entering the battle as well (and only Helga and the 20 or so from the Polidoro territory has any actual combat experience). In other words, the battle is far from won and a majority of their own troops are very poorly equipped (with farming tools and no armor, which is even worse than what the bandits have). Another thing to note is that Valiere and Faust are mainly concerned with catching Caroline and to a lesser degree they want to retrieve the men from the village.

Very happy to see the improvement in the translation from chapter 7, this is much easier to follow. Keep it up Aphrodite Scans!
:)(y)

Dex-chan lover
This somehow gave me M&B: Warband vibes. Set up Rhodok Sharpshooters and Nord Huscarls on a hill, with the latter moving upfront to defend the former. Then, ride towards the enemy and harass them with a 2H sword/spear/bow while they get pelted by the Rhodoks. Bonus points if I have extra cav for hammer & anvil :lol:

Dex-chan lover
can we just talk about Helga freaking coordination?
counting more than a hundred people and categorizing them, spotting the commander, directing crossbow...
His entire company of soldiers are fairly elite from what we've seen.

Fed-Kun's army
man i hate mangadex forums... i posted something on some of the previous chapters threads and now i can't find it, its not in "threads with your posts" or anywhere, it just disappeared

Fed-Kun's army
The genderbend lyrics:

I don't quite understand the games the knights play, but I like how they all immediately pick up what's going on.

Seeing Polidoro slaughtering them shouldn't come as a surprise. Polidoro is a man who is accustomed to our normalcy of gender. So he's actually "OP" in this world cause he kept up with the masculinity of his old world and trained. The only thing that didn't change in this world is physics and biology. Having to deal with worn down tiny women should be relatively easy. Explains why he is so confident this whole time and why he has so much respect. I would like to see how people first reacted to him.

EDIT: Apparently, some of us are confused by the plot. Here's a quick run-down (lemme know if I miss something):

• FMC princess has yet to complete a campaign like her sisters, so Queen gives her the easy task of taking down bandits
  • Caroline along with bandits are attacking towns to gather resources and flee to a neighboring country.
  • FMC and co. pass by town that has been pillaged. They recruit villagers willing to fight the bandits.
  • Turns out the bandits are actually villagers from a different town where the nobility were set up, killed, and taken over.
  • Bandits are survivors that fled are with Caroline leading the group (one of the nobility from that town), and her loyal troop.
  • Caroline hopes to have revenge.
  • The main line of nobility/capital of the country is unaware of this situation, and think it is Caroline who has betrayed the Queen
  • In this chapter, MC/FMC & knights encounter the bandits and continue their assault. Knight captain yells false info to scare bandits even more. Polidoro continues the chase and assault.
  • All the other content has basically been about showcasing the genderbend stuff, fanservice, and Polidoro's POV. This is your basic royal knight's story, but the author makes it fun.
EDIT 2: Corrections in this comment
The preceding chapter suggests that the queen may have known about the true nature of the mission and fully expected the second daughter to fail at this seemingly simple task, because the militarily prudent thing to do, and what was advised by the MMC, was to pull back and wait for the reinforcement. The queen knew that the nobles and peasants will nevertheless see that as a failure and further degrade the second princess's faction. Which is a good thing in the queen's eyes because her primary goal is to smooth the transition of power to her first daughter by making her the only choice to be the next queen. And by being not a threat, the second princess is not at risk of being assassinated or otherwise obstructed by the first princess. The only thing that might make the second princess a threat to the first princess is the MMC and this is the queen's way to remove him from the second princess's service and possibly put him under the first princess, and solidify her succession to the throne without any doubt.

The queen is doing this because she really loves both her daughters and do not want to see them come to any harm. Even the first princess probably loves her sister. But in the matter of succession, people make decisions not based on love but on power, and the first princess does not make all the decisions. All the nobles that threw in after the first princess will see the second princess as a threat regardless of how the first princess feels about her, because in an unlikely event the second princess becomes the queen, all her followers will be able to take action against them and the first princess will not be able to help. So they're eager to eliminate any threat even if the first princess is not. You can see how the first princess's second-in-command feels about the second princess. She wants her dead even if, or especially if, she's useless. Because as a princess, no matter how weak she is, she will never stop being a symbol.

Royal succession is often a zero-sum game. If you lose, you die. Unless you were really no threat to begin with. Even that's really not a guarantee. See Richard III and the mystery of the disappearance of his nephews, the 2 princes of the tower.

Dex-chan lover
The preceding chapter suggests that the queen may have known about the true nature of the mission and fully expected the second daughter to fail at this seemingly simple task, because the militarily prudent thing to do, and what was advised by the MMC, was to pull back and wait for the reinforcement. The queen knew that the nobles and peasants will nevertheless see that as a failure and further degrade the second princess's faction. Which is a good thing in the queen's eyes because her primary goal is to smooth the transition of power to her first daughter by making her the only choice to be the next queen. And by being not a threat, the second princess is not at risk of being assassinated or otherwise obstructed by the first princess. The only thing that might make the second princess a threat to the first princess is the MMC and this is the queen's way to remove him from the second princess's service and possibly put him under the first princess, and solidify her succession to the throne without any doubt.

The queen is doing this because she really loves both her daughters and do not want to see them come to any harm. Even the first princess probably loves her sister. But in the matter of succession, people make decisions not based on love but on power, and the first princess does not make all the decisions. All the nobles that threw in after the first princess will see the second princess as a threat regardless of how the first princess feels about her, because in an unlikely event the second princess becomes the queen, all her followers will be able to take action against them and the first princess will not be able to help. So they're eager to eliminate any threat even if the first princess is not. You can see how the first princess's second-in-command feels about the second princess. She wants her dead even if, or especially if, she's useless. Because as a princess, no matter how weak she is, she will never stop being a symbol.

Royal succession is often a zero-sum game. If you lose, you die. Unless you were really no threat to begin with. Even that's really not a guarantee. See Richard III and the mystery of the disappearance of his nephews, the 2 princes of the tower.

This is reasoning behind why some cultures performed partitive succession.
Although it didn't prevent sibling wars and rivalries in practice.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't expect those monkeys to use their brains. I am impressed, not gonna lie xD

Users who are viewing this thread