Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 9.2 - The Great Hero (2)

Dex-chan lover
I think so. In the sense that I enjoy it.

Caroline is actually an excellent leader loved by her people but was sadly born as the second daughter. Her elder sister is weak willed and weak bodied. Thus the corrupt nobles banded together to support the eldest. All the while extorting taxes from the citizens and driving there territory into poverty. So with her loyal vassals, Caroline attempts to overthrow her sister. But the corruption ran deeper than she thought. Her plan was leaked and they lost the battle on the home front and Caroline fled with her remaining solders.
The thing is, the elder sister also agreed that she wasn't suited for the job. She was somewhat aware of what was going on. She was just too weak to do anything about it. She is unable to bare an heir and was planning to adopt her niece.
All this lays the ground work for Caroline's daughter, Martina (8) to become Lord Polydoros page. The girl is supposedly a genius. She was originally supposed to be executed. But our guy stepped in. This caused waves in the royal court.

This is all a set up to introduce the neighboring country Verindorf. Years ago their powerful general Rodenbecker lost in battle to Faust. It shook their country as a power house has died. Now they revere Faust as a muscly Adonis.

We see less and less thirsty stuff moving forward. But all the main girls including the Queen of Verindorf fall for Faust.

But the TL is confusing at times. And there are 140 chapters and a little over 50 free available chapters right now. they open every 2-3 days. I wont lie. It feels monotonous at times in the lulls between events but I always come back. I just really like it.

Nah, I definitely agree. Compared to Reckenber she is referenced way less, but she seems to come up in Fausts monologue every time he talks to/thinks about Martina.
No reminiscing of Zabine?

Dex-chan lover
Especially early on (first 30-40 chapters?) when the Translator was defaulting to he/him pronouns for characters despite 99% of all characters being women. That was a pretty rookie translation mistake.
Reminded me of highserk war TL by Google.

Dex-chan lover
This has turned into something... Eh. It being an isekai is pretty much irrelevant. Its strongest points are comedy and ecchi and while a little bit of brutal combat can make a nice contrast, we are wasting far too much time on meaningless action scenes. It feels like it isn't playing to its strengths.

Dex-chan lover
No reminiscing of Zabine?
God bless our sweet, beautiful idiot Sabine.

Reminded me of highserk war TL by Google.
Definitely feels MTL at some points.

This has turned into something... Eh. It being an isekai is pretty much irrelevant. Its strongest points are comedy and ecchi and while a little bit of brutal combat can make a nice contrast, we are wasting far too much time on meaningless action scenes. It feels like it isn't playing to its strengths.
Its strong points really are not the comedy, ecchi, or combat, in my opinion. I'd say it's in how the characters navigate the medieval politics.

Faust's previous life comes more into play as he gets himself more involved in the politics of the kingdom, it's neighbors, and the empire it is beholden to. He'll try to reference historical events as parallels to events in the fantasy world. I think he mentions napoleon, hitler, and genghis khan.

Dex-chan lover
What can i say man.
giphy.gif

This far in the series its more like "to each their own". If its not to your taste that's ok.

To answer some of your questions
Its not for no reason id say. The death of her mother really turned her into a stoic but intellectual child. Faust sparing her, although he was ordered to execute, her puts him in dept to the royal family. It also puts him on bad terms with Astarte. (She set it up).

No it doesn't eat him up. She raided a village, slaughtered its people and abducted there children to be traded as (lets be real) possible sex slaves. She committed treason. Knowing the consequences. That gives Martina complex feeling about the death of her mother. Shame as a noble and love as a kid who lost their mom home and title. Never really grieving.
I knew Astarte will be Guts' enemy from ch 1 alone. The author's learning slowly 🐌 from Hamita.

Dex-chan lover
Really hoping Caroline becomes Polydoro's new love interest.
He won't ask her name if he is not interested. As for Zabine and the possible harem of 18 knights, it is just a miss for Polidoro.

Either that or she will be a bloodstain on Faust's sword. I think the royal family too will become a bloodstain on Faust's sword ( except of Valerie of course ) in the future...

Dex-chan lover
SHOW US WALLENDORF! SHOW US HUGE MUSCLE WOMEN!
I hope they're muscly, but I have concerns the artist will just draw them like all the other strong women in the story, like Astarte.

If Reckenber isn't ripped, I'm starting a revolution.

Dex-chan lover
She has my fullest sympathies and I hate how her subordinates want to continue to fight and just how merciles this whole thing is. The Princess and her guard aren’t getting any combat or glory out of it.

It’s all senseless and cruel, both in character and by the author. Why is this fight even happening? How is it providing growth to the characters?

If she dies, I’m not even sure if I can continue reading this one, even with the great designs and art, because all these actions the author has decided to write feel bloody for the sake of it, and not for a specific goal. The MC is already a decorated warrior and doesn’t need his strength proved, and the princess who is not isn’t seeing any action. So all these deaths feel meaningless
You wouldn't be writing any of this if genders are reversed or even in the soldiers were men. This is a women's world and they take all roles and positions , men are mere decoration.
The characters ,the royal plot , the world itself is very well written and thought , the concept of a women ruled world is also interesting and well layout.
The battle is not much crueler than any medieval battle.
Polidoro seems brutal to you? Astarte is the one with a reputation of being really cruel, let's waint and see what she does.

Users who are viewing this thread